Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 13:24   #2056
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the words "appreciation" or "loyalty" exist in your vocabulary?
My loyalty and appreciation are for the Indian cricket team. Not for Mr. Ganguly or his political backers or his followers or sponsors.

Nobody mentioned this fact about the last game at Mumbai. Murali Kartik was actually out caught behind when the score was 163-8. The bowler Brett Lee and skipper Ponting in the slips heard the nick and appealed vociferously. But surprisingly, Gilchrist did not hear the nick and appealed very late. The replay showed that Kartik was out, but the umpire (the Pakistani guy, I forget his name) gave it not-out. I saw this in the highlights yesterday.

Last edited by rks : 19th October 2007 at 13:26.
Old 19th October 2007, 13:50   #2057
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
My loyalty and appreciation are for the Indian cricket team. Not for Mr. Ganguly or his political backers or his followers or sponsors.

Nobody mentioned this fact about the last game at Mumbai. Murali Kartik was actually out caught behind when the score was 163-8. The bowler Brett Lee and skipper Ponting in the slips heard the nick and appealed vociferously. But surprisingly, Gilchrist did not hear the nick and appealed very late. The replay showed that Kartik was out, but the umpire (the Pakistani guy, I forget his name) gave it not-out. I saw this in the highlights yesterday.

And the point you are making is .... ???? rks @ you have a lot of ppl confused with what you try and say , may it be in this thread or then a thread where your santro pops in .....

Umpires are as human and do make mistakes ... also it was the faintest of nicks which are not easy to hear for the umpire specially if its in a stadium where there is a lot of noise . Also decisions go both ways -- but you can't cry over them . Ask Sachin how many times he was given out whereas he wasn't out -- what should he do , start crying ??

You watch the highlights and keep wondering as to why Ganguly and his gang have so many political backers and fans or whatever you may come up with --- maybe you don't realise that the Ganguly camp has been split wide open and there is no political backing for Ganguly and his men anymore . Also it ain't Ganguly and his men no more -- its Dhoni and his men , wonder who all from Jharkand are giving political support to the freak with long hair who can't do anything else besides walk the ramp or then show his ugly mug and tell ppl to buy some weird *** hair cream ... maybe you can throw some light on this for us confused people .

Cheers
Old 19th October 2007, 14:58   #2058
BHPian

Doesn't really matter if Karthik was out. What matters is that the umpire gave him not out. Cricket is a funny game. You get good ones and you get bad ones (decisions that is) and I guess in the long run it will balance out.

Lets not discredit team India for their victory in the last match!!
Old 19th October 2007, 15:43   #2059
BANNED

Back in 1999, I was watching this match Cricinfo - 2nd Test: Australia v Pakistan at Hobart, Nov 18-22, 1999

Day 5, Australia 126/5 need 369 for victory against the famed Pakistani attack. Langer & Gilchrist batting. Wasim Akram induced a nick to the keeper. It was a massive edge, heard by the stump microphone even during live. Pakistan team huddle & are about to celebrate, but the Australian umpire Peter Parker is unmoved. I guess the batman was Langer and he stands his ground.

Dejected Pakistan team resume game and later Langer & Gilchrist put on 238 for 6th wicket & win the test and the series.

Mark Taylor was the commentator. He explained why the umpire didn't rule Langer out: umpire didn't give it out because he didn't hear it.

So my explanation for Kartik's faintest of faint nick (even snikometer showed very minor nick) is the umpire (whatever his country) didn't hear it. How can he give it out when he did not hear it?

Note: I was surprised why the umpire Aleem Dar didn't give it - he is know to give not outs as outs

Quote:
Old 19th October 2007, 16:29   #2060
Team-BHP Support

Nicely explained there diabloo. These calls are all part of the game. Sometimes they go your way, other times they don't. As someone said, they even out overall.
Old 19th October 2007, 17:07   #2061
rks
BANNED

I agree that the umpire probably didn't hear the nick in the crowd noise. I did not imply that the error was deliberate.
Old 19th October 2007, 17:18   #2062
BANNED

Quote:
I agree that the umpire probably didn't hear the nick in the crowd noise. I did not imply that the error was deliberate.
So what exactly were you implying ... we are confused once again it seems !! Could you pls be clear about what you mean or don't mean ... we end up wasting time and effort in responding to your confusing statements
Old 19th October 2007, 17:25   #2063
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
So what exactly were you implying ... we are confused once again it seems !! Could you pls be clear about what you mean or don't mean ... we end up wasting time and effort in responding to your confusing statements
My post was a straightforward statement of facts. What do you find confusing in that post? It seems you are trying to read between the lines when all I asked for is a straightforward reading. And why do you bring in my Santro when I didn't do it myself?

It is obvious that India was lucky to win this game. That is a fact that was not mentioned and I filled in the gap. End of story.
Old 19th October 2007, 18:21   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is obvious that India was lucky to win this game. That is a fact that was not mentioned and I filled in the gap. End of story.
There have been matches where we've been unlucky to lose the game (not in this series) - how come nobody notices those ?

You seem to think that its fashionable to criticize your own - a lot of people seem to do this. In my own very humble opinion, that is because it takes courage to back your own. The word that I really wanted to type instead of courage would be turned into asterisks by the forum.
Old 19th October 2007, 18:49   #2065
BANNED

I was wrong in giving Sachin out in England: Umpire Dar*-*News*-*News*-*Indiatimes Cricket

Quote:
Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar has, for the first time, admitted he gave Sachin Tendulkar out wrongly in the deciding seventh One-Day International against England in London last month.

"On that ball Flintoff was very close to bowling a no ball and as I was looking at his foot my concentration was disturbed," said Dar, widely considered one of the best umpires in the world.

"I knew that match was the decider. And I was upset after giving that decision. It was tough match (for me)," he said, referring to the 3-3 series score before that match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Note: I was surprised why the umpire Aleem Dar didn't give it - he is know to give not outs as outs
Old 19th October 2007, 19:44   #2066
BANNED

Quote:

May I know what else could this statement imply ... ???? its pretty straight forward and one doesn't need to read in between the lines

As for your Santro coming in ... we all are under the impression that you cannot post without getting the Santro in somehow -- but if you say otherwise , we definitely wudn't bring the Santro in ever
Old 19th October 2007, 20:02   #2067
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
May I know what else could this statement imply ... ???? its pretty straight forward and one doesn't need to read in between the lines
What does it imply other than what is stated? I couldn't remember the umpire's name, so I called him the "Pakistani guy", to let everybody know that it was not the local umpire who made that mistake (in which case he would have been accused of showing partiality). You seem to have a devious mind to suggest that I implied something that I myself didn't intend. And if I point out facts, namely, that India was lucky to win this game, that doesn't make me unpatriotic.
Quote:
As for your Santro coming in ... we all are under the impression that you cannot post without getting the Santro in somehow -- but if you say otherwise , we definitely wudn't bring the Santro in ever
You are just trying to throw up some bait and hoping that I will bite. The Santro is a fine car that has been maligned by your likes time and again in this forum. That is why I try to correct all those false impressions e.g. about its being unstable around corners at high speeds and similar garbage.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:19   #2068
Senior - BHPian

I found one thing really stupid.

Karthik comes on stage to receive the Man of the match trophy. Was there any need for him to acknowledge the fact that he did nick the ball? It made him look like a joker,for not walking away when he got out. Ponting even mentioned that 'it would have been nice if karthik had walked away'.
It was in our interest for Karthik to stay at the crease, and in Australi'a interest to have won the game. It felt wierd,since dishonesty seemed to flash again & again. It would have been absolutely fine if Karthik had not blurted out the reality.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:33   #2069
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Im back! But not for long. I don't think any batsmen should "walk" on his own. What is the umpire there for? Besides, don't listen to Ponting. All these years he kept harping on how Gilly should learn not to walk etc. I don't see anything wrong in Karthik admitting the fact either. He nicked it, and admitted it. So what?

Btw, I didn't understand one question though. If the BCCI management kept claiming that a new era of Indian cricket would be formulated under the leadership of Rahul Dravid, could someone kindly explain to me as to HOW he can be out of the team and all your future plans in just two weeks after a lean patch in a couple of series since he gave up captaincy? What would have been his fate if he still was the captain?

PS: I think it was not a wise decision to drop him for the last ODI. I think Indian's need to have some patience like the OZ's did with Hodge. Players of Dravid's class can come good at any time. Besides I don't think Karthik justified his selection anyways. Be in on the field or while batting.

For once it was nice to see Zaheer, Bhajji & Karthik showing the batsmen how to play. I loved every bit of it after Uthappa's dismissal.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:41   #2070
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

About racism there is a lot more than that meets the eye or the camera lens. I don't think this is the first instance of racism or unruly crowd behaviour. Its been happening for ages now, its only now that is it has come to the forefront.

I remember hearing some really abusive language in Hindi, Kannada being hurled at Micheal Kasprovich & other players who were manning the boundary during the Bangalore test. Certain section of the crowd took pride in scolding their mothers and sisters & laughed like a bunched of monkeys when the OZ's waved back at them thinking they were cheering them etc. I was utterly disgusted with such behaviour. But such is the mentality of some Indian's. Quite disgusting I must say & such behaviour is totally unacceptable on the cricket field or from behind the fence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks