Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 17:31   #2131
BANNED

Moral Police start again

NDTV.com: RR Patil objects to T20 cheerleaders

Simple dance steps to celebrate 4s, 6s & wickets and this.
Quote:
The scantily-clad squads of 'cheerleaders' during the recent India-Australia T20 match in Mumbai have come under police scanner with Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister RR Patil announcing that he would review videotapes to see if the group indulged in obscene behaviour.

"I was not present at the match but we will go through the tapes before taking any action on the issue", Patil, who also holds the Home portfolio, told reporters at Mantralaya.

He was replying to a query on the objection to the cheerleaders' performance at the Brabourne Stadium from certain quarters, saying their performance was vulgar and that their movements left nothing to the imagination.

Interestingly, Patil's party chief and BCCI boss Sharad Pawar watched the match along with Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.

Patil gained nationwide fame as a moral policeman after he initiated the decision to ban dance bars in the state in 2005.

The state legislature then passed a legislation banning dance bars.

Asked about Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's comments against him at the Sena's Dussera rally in Mumbai on Sunday, Patil declined to comment.
Old 28th October 2007, 11:24   #2132
Senior - BHPian

Cricinfo - Sehwag replaces Dravid for first two one-dayers

Shewag back into the one day squad & dravid dropped for the first two one dayers against Pak.
Old 28th October 2007, 14:24   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Is this the end of Dravid in one-dayers? Too many guys vying for his neck. Sad but we have to accep the reality.
Old 28th October 2007, 19:31   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Is this the end of Dravid in one-dayers? Too many guys vying for his neck. Sad but we have to accep the reality.
Among the Fab 3, Dravid is the easiest to drop. God knows what the selectors thought while selecting 5 openers though with Sehwag doing nothing to warrant a place. After his lone 75 yesterday, he is out for 1 today.

It will be interesting to see the XI though.
Old 28th October 2007, 22:20   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Who is there to bat out the overs in the middle order? If there are any quick wickets that will fall early, then there should be a man to direct the innings till atleast 40 overs. At persent, it appears nobody is there. All are big hitters.

It will be nice to see if Ganguly will be given chance to open the innings or it will be T20 opening pair.

Sehwag has again failed today. I do not understand how the selectors has selected him. I can smell a rat in selection process (some politics going on in this). Mumbai lobby is too strong they cannot ignore the players. Ganguly is into politics from the begining. Since Dravid is not involved in any kind of politics (at least as far as I know) and as he do not have any godfather in selectors, the axe has fallen on him. Its very unfortunate. How many series Tendulkar/Sehwag/Ganguly and others has failed? Still they are in the team playing.

Dravid is better any day compared to Sehwag and others in team.

I wish these selectors needs to be thrown out and a new bunch of them should be given the responsibility.
Old 29th October 2007, 09:02   #2136
BHPian

Batting stats from the Challenger Trophy:
Cricinfo - Records - NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, 2007/08 - Most runs
Old 29th October 2007, 10:57   #2137
BHPian

If Sehwag and Parveen have been picked on the basis of challenger cup performances then what about Suresh Raina,Badrinath and D.Karthik?All scored heavily and consistentely in all matches including Gambhir.

Infact Sehwag scored 75 in one match and scored 10 in 2 matches.
Old 29th October 2007, 10:59   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ganguly is into politics from the begining. Since Dravid is not involved in any kind of politics (at least as far as I know) and as he do not have any godfather in selectors, the axe has fallen on him. Its very unfortunate. How many series Tendulkar/Sehwag/Ganguly and others has failed? Still they are in the team playing.
Actually, it was the other way round!
If Ganguly was in politics, he would have never been dropped 2 years back when your hero Mr.Dravid in glove with Mr.Chappel and Mr.More played politics & dropped him for no reason. Mr.Dravid is smart politician as he pays politics behind the scenes & never hesitates to backstab his own friend who retained him in ODI team by making him a Wicketkeeper-batsman, remember?

And it is a wellknown fact that Mr.Wall can't play ODI or T-20 or fast paced cricket, he is just good for Test cricket!

Last edited by finneyp : 29th October 2007 at 11:01.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:53   #2139
Senior - BHPian

@finneyp: The records itself speaks. He was not dropped till 2007 from 1997 from the time he started his career into ODI's baring a couple of times. This speaks of itself. How many times Dravid and his teammates has won the matches for us. Bating in middle order. How has he earned the name "Mr.Dependable". Just not showing his performance in one of the series does not mean he does not know how to play in ODI's and T20. Everybody has the lean patch in his career and Dravid is having one currently. How may times our selectors has suported Sachin/Sehwag/Ganguly even though they had failed in so may series?

Ganguly was dropped because of his performance and politics as the calcutta lobby was too strong because of Jagmohan Dalmia, his mentor.

Moreover, I do not have any heros in this game. I will just enjoy the game watching/playing it. I like him play because he is playing for team and not for his individual unlike others.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:00   #2140
BANNED

Openers in the current team:
  1. Virender Sehwag
  2. Sourav Ganguly
  3. Sachin Tendulkar
  4. Gautam Gambhir
  5. Praveen Kumar
Who will finally open?
Old 29th October 2007, 12:02   #2141
Senior - BHPian

@ Diabloo: And who will be left out. Too many competitors now for opening. Hey, you havenot included Uthappa's name above.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:16   #2142
BANNED

Uthappa has failed in the opening slot. He has found success at No 3 & No 5. So he should not open. The 5 openers mentioned can't bat anywhere except at No 1 or 2.

My playing 11:
  1. Virender Sehwag,
  2. Sachin Tendulkar,
  3. Gautam Gambhir,
  4. Yuvraj Singh,
  5. Robin Uthappa,
  6. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk),
  7. Praveen Kumar,
  8. Irfan Pathan,
  9. Zaheer Khan,
  10. Murali Kartik,
  11. RP Singh,
  12. Rohit Sharma,
  13. Harbhajan Singh
  14. Sreesanth,
  15. Sourav Ganguly.
Quote:
@ Diabloo: And who will be left out. Too many competitors now for opening. Hey, you havenot included Uthappa's name above.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:21   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How many times Dravid and his teammates has won the matches for us.
Actually, hardly any!!! He was a failure as a Captain too!
Quote:
Bating in middle order. How has he earned the name "Mr.Dependable".
Yes, he is called Wall coz he can only block the bowlers, but can't score runs!
Old 29th October 2007, 12:22   #2144
Team-BHP Support

I think this side is too batting heavy. I think Harbhjan will play instead of Praveen Kumar.

I seriously doubt if Dada will be left out. I think he will play and the choice will be between Gambhir and Sehwag and the latter might play.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:26   #2145
BHPian

Given the good track record that Sehwag has against Shoaib and company I think it should be Sehwag and Sachin at the top.

But who at one down? Gambhir seems to be the logical choice though it will be between Dada and Gambhir I thinks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks