Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 16:04   #2221
Senior - BHPian

I'll do the job if asked to - Kumble

"I would certainly do the job if asked to," Kumble told Cricinfo on Wednesday. "I don't know what the big deal is, why so much is being made of this. I have said this before also."

Spoken like a man!
Old 7th November 2007, 16:16   #2222
Senior - BHPian

Indian electronic media is full crap!

Y'day all the news channels were having serious panel discussions as to 'Why Sachin declined the Test Captaincy?' . Give us a break please! It is Sachin's decision, please leave it at that!

Thankfully we have BBC News in India!
Old 7th November 2007, 23:41   #2223
Senior - BHPian

I think there's not much for the media to talk about.. Its all the trivial matters that surface ever so often.
If Sachin declined the job,its his problem. Shove things aside,and focus on having a good team that plays quality cricket..
Old 8th November 2007, 10:01   #2224
BANNED

It appears Vengasarkar is the one who has created this mess ....
Quote:
It is learnt that Vengsarkar was the one who had earlier offered the Test role to Tendulkar after Dravid stepped down.

The chief selector who is thought to have played a role behind the scenes to create the vacuum that came about when Dravid opted to quit will now have to sort out the mess himself. If Sachin refuses to budge from refusing the offer of captaincy, Vengsarkar will be the one out on a limb because he is the one who brought Sachin back from the 'outer' and made him the vice-captain to the World Cup.
From this article Yahoo! India Cricket: R Mohan | Cricket Commentary | R Mohan Columns | Series Special
Old 8th November 2007, 23:32   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Sachin once again out on 99. Another record (dismissed on 99 for more times.

wonderful innings by Younis & superbly completed by Afridi.
Old 9th November 2007, 00:52   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Sheer bad luck! I think we let the match slip out of hands,thanks to a ton of catches being dropped. Robin Singh much be tearing his hair apart..

Anyway..more about Sachin's so called jinx:
After being dismissed in the nineties just ten times in his first 17 years of one-day cricket, the jinx has struck Sachin Tendulkar five times over the last five months. Three of those knocks have been 99s, which makes Tendulkar the only batsman to be dismissed at that score thrice. He has fallen victim to the Nervous Nineties 15 times in ODIs, easily a record. Nathan Astle, Aravinda de Silva and Grant Flower have managed it nine times, though each was unbeaten on a couple of occasions.
It was also the fifth time Tendulkar fell in the nineties against Pakistan; the other teams who have dismissed him in the nineties are England, South Africa and Sri Lanka (three times each) and Australia (once).
Tendulkar's continual struggle to get past the nineties also means that he has now failed to get to a hundred in his last 26 ODIs - his [COLOR=#0000ff]last century[/COLOR] was against West Indies in Vadodara in January 2007. It's his second-longest stretch without a hundred since he scored his first one - he went [COLOR=#0000ff]32 games[/COLOR] without one after he scored his 12th.
The lack of three-figure scores hasn't affected his batting average, though, since he has scored 11 fifties in those 26 games, helping him maintain a healthy average of 44.92 during this period.

Source: cricinfo.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:21   #2227
BHPian

Not many comments on Kumble becoming the captain?

The old war horse deserves it. His contribution for the country in particular and the game in general is immense.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:47   #2228
BHPian

I don't agree with Kumble as captain. It might be ok against Pakistan, but definitely not on the Australia tour.
I am still rooting for Ganguly, but with Kumble's appointment, I think the selectors have pretty much closed the doors for Ganguly. They will probably continue with Kumble for the next year or so
Old 9th November 2007, 12:16   #2229
BHPian

Why not? Kumble is a tough cricketer. He is mentally very strong and is a fighter to the core. He is aggressive as a bowler and hopefully will be aggressive as the captain. One thing that he would not do though is gettng under the skin of the other teams. I think he is too much of a gentleman to do that . I would have personally preferred MSD with an eye on the future. Lets see how Kumble handles this.
Old 9th November 2007, 12:52   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Oh we lost a match yesterday? Just realized it this morning!
Old 9th November 2007, 13:49   #2231
Senior - BHPian

Our guys (so called Middle Order) fell like a heep. Does not have spine to face the bowling. Nobody wants to stay at wicket till the end. At 180+ for 1 to 280+ for 9 down. Shame on the cricketers and shame on Dhoni who scored only 4. He has more failures now than anybody else. If Dravid was there, he would have stood in the middle order and would have accumulated another 20 to 30 runs more than the y'days score. Dravid is any day better than Dhoni and Uthappa wo scored zero in y'days match.

Dhoni told during presentations after match said that the bowlers let the team down. But he is the one who do not know how to do the captiancy. Just scoring 321 runs and loosing means it is shameful. No doubt he might have told his bowlers to go out there and enjoy the game. No doubt they enjoyed the game to the core...loosing the match.

Our great so called selectors were there watching the match and they would have realised this. But to astonishment, they have again omitted Dravid for next 2 games. I do hope that India loses this series and we will see the real selection of team for aussies. What was the need to play Sehwag y'day...I did not understand. Dhoni did not even give the bowling to Sehwag. Dhoni is too immature to do the capitancy. It sould be done by some senior player andhe should be made the deputy and let him learn how the decisions are taken.

Last edited by snaronikar : 9th November 2007 at 13:51.
Old 9th November 2007, 15:00   #2232
BANNED

Did he ? The team lost after Sehwag's dismissal & Dhoni lost it when he threw the ball to Ganguly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Dhoni told during presentations after match said that the bowlers let the team down. But he is the one who do not know how to do the captiancy.
Vengasarkar, when he announced the team for first 2 ODIs, had said that Dravid was being rested, as part his program of resting the seniors. So much so for his memory
Quote:
But to astonishment, they have again omitted Dravid for next 2 games.
Harsha Bhogle's comments IndianExpress.com :: The winning captain
Old 9th November 2007, 16:18   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Did he ? The team lost after Sehwag's dismissal & Dhoni lost it when he threw the ball to Ganguly.
Yeah...what he said was our bowlers did not bowl properly. Actually, he did not make the correct bowling changes. He is too inexperienced to be a captian.
Old 11th November 2007, 09:00   #2234
BANNED

3rd ODI, India back to their winning combination
Sehwag came in for M Kartik in 2nd ODI, IMHO he should have come in place of Ganguly.

Ganguly dropped off 1st ball of the match
Old 12th November 2007, 23:06   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Sehwag dropped a catch that was not too tough. Not sure if it was hit by Salman Butt,or someone else. But it looked stupid the way Sehwag stood there..grinning away to glory.
I wonder what happened to the fielding. In between,the Indians were improving on their fielding skills,and now it looks like its taken a turn for the worse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks