Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 10:34   #691
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Just to update and if it helps fellow mattress seekers. We ended up getting the Morning Owl pure latex mattress. Took a leap of faith and ordered it. It was not wow or anything first few days but then it's been 3 months now and the lower back pain I used to have in the mornings is now a distant memory. Touch wood.
Hi. Which density mattress did you buy? Was it the 110 one? Are you still happy with it?
Old 8th October 2023, 10:47   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvs29 View Post
Hi. Which density mattress did you buy? Was it the 110 one? Are you still happy with it?
Hey hi there. It's been a while so I checked the invoice and it says orthopedic mattress so I guess we got the hardest. And yes we are quite happy with it. Taken it for granted now . Which I guess is a good thing. My cousin, I remember got a thinner variant and had it exchanged for the thicker one.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 20:44   #693

Hi Folks
Let me start my 1st post here with a big Thank You to the members who have shared their experiences with the different types of mattresses and the brands. It was a huge help in deciding. Thanks especially to Thad for his posts about Foams India Pearl, his long and positive experience tipped us towards it and we bought it.

Deciding on a mattress is so confusing and not at all as easy as it used to be, especially as we age. In the good old days of youth we never bothered about the material, firmness, thickness etc. Not much choice too, only cotton/coir. Spring was a luxury one enjoyed during hotel stays. The sheer no. of options now is overwhelming.

I will share my mattress buying journey in another post which might help someone just like you guys helped me out. Thanks again.
Old 17th October 2023, 11:56   #694
BHPian

Keeping everything aside, one of the biggest points to consider while buying a new mattress is how to dispose your old mattress (even at zero value) as it is getting harder to do so. Unfortunately, none of the new mattress brands have an exchange program, forcing you to stick with the old brands with high prices and dated technologies.
Old 17th October 2023, 13:07   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I happened to visit The Sleep Company showroom and liked the Smart Ortho Pro Mattress (https://thesleepcompany.in/products/...43654704627941) which comes in at INR 33,490/- for the 8-inch King Size 78x72.
Using this mattress since June this year and totally love the feel, comfort and firmness.

First couple of days felt very stiff but got used to the firmness and it solved my lower back pain issue.

Also bought their Smart Cervical Pillow which supports my neck very well and eased my spondylosis pain in the neck.

Would definitely recommend these two products.
Old 17th October 2023, 13:40   #696

Ok here goes our story. We have been using Ilavam Panju mattress for the past 10 years, it was good especially for the Chennai weather, we never worried about its firmness. Once it was time to change the mattress, we got another made but this time it was like a granite slab. I don’t know what the bed maker stuffed it with, it was so hard and we thought ok, it will become better as we use it. After about 2 years it became a bit softer but still very very firm. I find it good in fact but my wife developed body ache upon waking up every day.

So, we searched for a new one and found out that since she is of normal weight she needs a medium firm mattress. So many offline and online brands to choose from. Online brands were very tempting since they offered 100days trial, but I was skeptical about how the response would be if we go for a claim and also a little hesitant about getting a 100 day used one.

It was during this confusing time that this thread pushed us towards Foam India Pearl mattress and so we took a leap of faith, thought we will buy a single mattress to test it out. Turned out to be excellent for her and she wakes up every day with a smile and I’m relieved.

But, there is an issue which I hope you could help out with. For my body weight I need a firm mattress and my wife needs a medium one. So how do we buy a queen size mattress? Anyone in the same boat?
Old 20th October 2023, 12:47   #697
BHPian

Hi,

I need suggestions for a couple of queen sized mattresses for our new apartment. We are mostly side-sleepers and weigh slightly more than what is ideal.

In our present residence (which we plan to keep), we use a Sleepwell Impressions mattress (memory foam) for the last 11 years. When we got that mattress 11 years ago, it magically got rid of all our bodyaches. It is old now, and we are still reasonably happy with it. It is a high class mattress, no doubt.

Naturally, the question is: why are we not getting the same mattress again for our new home? The answer lies in the current price. In 2012 we bought it for around 35k, and now, for whatever reasons, it costs around 80k or more for a similar size. We do not intend to spend that much for a mattress.

Upon some researching on the net, I have come to the conclusion that natural Latex mattresses are the best choice for our need, and Sunday is one of the better known brands for this kind of mattresses. Generally the reviews are also good with their 3rd and 4th generation (current) mattresses.

I am planning to get the Sunday Latex Plus 4 mattress for us, and if we are satisfied with it, intend to get the Sunday Ortho Latex 4 mattress for my son who lives abroad and prefers a slightly firmer bed.

We already have pillows from Sunday that my wife uses and is happy with. I use a single pillow (The Sleep Company Revlax reversible pillow) that goes very well with our Sleepwell Impressions mattress and my side sleeping pattern.

We are in Kolkata. We got the delivery of their pillows quite promptly. However, latex mattresses are heavy and Sunday does not compress or fold their mattresses during the delivery process, something that is good for the mattress. Are there anybody here using Sunday mattresses in Kolkata? How is the overall experience, including the delivery?
Old 24th October 2023, 10:33   #698
Senior - BHPian

Looking to replace the mattress after 8 years. Visited the Wakefit store in JP Nagar Bengaluru and tried out few of the mattresses they had on display such as Ortho Plus, Latex, etc.

Based on the website I see that - the Regular Mattress vs "Plus" Mattress pricing differs quite a bit - Example below:
  • Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress - 6" : 15K
  • Wakefit Ortho Plus Mattress - 6": 24.5K

Question to people who might more experience - is it worth paying the extra money on the Plus variants of the Wakefit brand? The Store Rep said the "Plus" version has air channels in it which helps to keep the mattress cool. Any inputs would be very helpful.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 24th October 2023 at 10:35.
Old 24th October 2023, 14:18   #699
BHPian

This thread is a tresure trove of information. For someone who has slept on the floor all my life, how do one go about choosing a mattress and the material?
Old 30th October 2023, 22:49   #700
BHPian

I got some Springwel folks over at my place today with some samples. We liked 2 of their products - bonded foam with HR + memory foam and bonded foam with latex. I'm inclining towards latex one considering its cooler. Then I came across Sunday latex mattress while reading some reviews and it looks quiet highly rated.

I've ordered mattresses online and I'm kind of skeptical about the fit and finish. Has anybody used Springwel mattresses before and has any review to share?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks