Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 11:02   #556
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Great trove of information. Read it fully. So first few pages it was all Snoozer then it moved to others then Sunday was the favourite in the middle pages and then Sundays true colors came out and now it is back to Kurlon and co.

I am in the market for a Queen size mattress. Have a Kurlon pocket spring. I do get up with back pain some days (especially during the lockdown when working from home so it could be a work posture issue). I do find it a little too soft for our liking.

One day I slept at a relatives house and that was a firm coir mattress I think and it felt very comfortable. I was looking at the Kurlon orthocare / spinecare range but I saw a few comments here to avoid coir. Is there anything bad about it from a long term use perspective?

Am confused now between coir + foam or if I should go with full latex or a latex + pocketed springs (will this also give in like a normal spring mattress?). We together would weigh around 130 kgs. Am budgeting 25k for this.

Any inputs / experiences especially from folks who had a similar requirement would help.Thank you very much.

Last edited by Nimz : 10th June 2020 at 11:05.
Old 10th June 2020, 14:38   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Am confused now between coir + foam or if I should go with full latex or a latex + pocketed springs (will this also give in like a normal spring mattress?)
We have 2 kurlon spinekare king size mattresses which is 4inch coir and 1.5" memory foam. Purchased them in 2006 because it was advertised as being used in hospitals. My kids still using them while i have moved to kurlon 6 inch pocket spring with 4 inch memory foam. I think the coir did lose shape over time but was comfortable for many years. The new kurlon does give me back aches though i sleep well when on travel so this mystery of what works has not yet been cracked by me.
Old 10th June 2020, 16:34   #558
BHPian

No Rest Sunday

Is Sunday a scam? Here's what happened:

I ordered their mattress as soon as they started accepting orders post lockdown. The latex. The order was shipped quickly. However, since then, on May 12, almost a month from today, the mattress is stuck in Bangalore itself.

Sunday keeps repeating the same thing over e-mail: the delivery partner is facing issues.
The delivery partner, Delhivery has been sending texts everyday from the last week telling the that the package is still stuck, and that they will do their best. Whatever that is.

About 15 days ago I asked Sunday to cancel the order and issue a refund. The mattress is still in Bangalore, and there's no clear timeline. They repeated the "bear with us in this difficult time" thing.

I thought I'd give them a call. And this was the kicker. Their number can't be breached. Every time I've called, the response after a few rings says that they are experiencing high call volumes and that I should call them later. Goodbye. Click. Their system disconnects the call.
I mean.. are they high?
I was left speechless.
I thought that maybe that was an error. I tried again in a couple of days. Same.

What a weird company. I'd read a few great reviews here, including GTO's, and that eased me into ordering.

What's going on there? Anyone with some experience with them, can you give me a lead?
It's a pre-paid order, paid for about a month ago.

Last edited by ach1lles : 10th June 2020 at 16:52.
ach1lles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 17:37   #559
BHPian

People, what is the feedback on Duroflex black magic. I was looking at a simple coir + foam top ( not memory ) mattress. Duroflex black magic has good reviews on amazon.in. I am planning to order online directly from Duroflex website.
Old 10th June 2020, 17:54   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
We have 2 kurlon spinekare king size mattresses which is 4inch coir and 1.5" memory foam. Purchased them in 2006 because it was advertised as being used in hospitals. My kids still using them while i have moved to kurlon 6 inch pocket spring with 4 inch memory foam. I think the coir did lose shape over time but was comfortable for many years. The new kurlon does give me back aches though i sleep well when on travel so this mystery of what works has not yet been cracked by me.
Thank you. I guess Spinekare worked better for you than a pocket spring mattress? I will definitely give Spinekare a try and also Duroflex Backmagic.
Old 10th June 2020, 17:56   #561
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Has anyone tried a brand called Wakefit? They seem to be advertising only on the web. And they claim to be direct to consumer and cut out the middleman completely. Their prices seem almost too good to be true.
Old 10th June 2020, 23:26   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Is Sunday a scam?
Sorry to hear about your predicament. I ordered mine also from Sunday. I ordered couple of King size Ortho mattresses from them on 4th June. They were delivered on 9th. This is in Mysore, KA. Even though i feel the company is ethical, i think they are at the mercy of unethical and dishonest delivery partners (in both our cases Delhivery).
In my case, the estimated delivery was mentioned as 8th evening. When i didn't receive on 8th, i checked the shipping status and it said Customer asked for reschedule. Nobody called me and i DID NOT reschedule. And you must have read about the abusive behavior of the Delhivery staff when they came for delivery. So this might be a genuine issue with Delhivery not initiating the pickup.

Also, if you are in Maharashtra, there is this constant change in rules on who can enter, when they can enter, how much quarantine etc This must be causing delay in pickup.

I felt Sunday support team to be very responsive. Write to them on email and they do respond rather quickly. But waiting for a month would drive me up the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Has anyone tried a brand called Wakefit? They seem to be advertising only on the web. And they claim to be direct to consumer and cut out the middleman completely. Their prices seem almost too good to be true.
When i was researching mattresses, i did check out Wakefit. The price felt too good to be true like you said. However, when i spoke to few folks who had bought from them, the real picture started to emerge. The max the mattresses were good for were about 1 year. Some went bad in as little as 6 months. So i dropped them and went with Sunday, which was almost 2-3 times more expensive.

May be there are completely satisfied WakeFit customers, some right here on this thread. However, i didn't have much confidence in them after coming across many bad stories.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2020 at 00:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 23:38   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Have been using Wakefit mattress for a little over a year now. Was recommended by a friend and I have no regrets.

My brother picked up a mattress recently and he has no complaints.

They used to have a 180 day trial or return if not satisfied no questions asked. Not sure if they still do.
Its now 100 days "Let’s sleep together for 100 nights. Risk Free Trial."

PS: I am in no way connected with this business entity.

Last edited by rakirank : 10th June 2020 at 23:42. Reason: Updated input
rakirank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 23:00   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Have been using Wakefit mattress for a little over a year now. Was recommended by a friend and I have no regrets..
We have a king size and a single diwan mattress from Wakefit bought in the month of December 2019. The king size we went for their Orthopedic Memory foam while for the diwan we went with the Dual Comfort mattress. I have had a chance to sleep on both for considerable time in the past 6 months. Comfort is very good and both me and wife dont wake up with a sore back or neck anymore when sleeping on the king size mattress. The diwan mattress also is fairly good and there is no muscle ache or soreness with it. But firmness and comfort is better on the Orthopedic memory foam (as expected since it does cost a little more than the dual comfort range).

Overall felt it was a good decision to go with this brand.If it even lasts 2 years only, i guess it is still justified for the price that we are paying for the Orthopedic memory foam. Other brands for orthopedic foam mattress cost at least twice and in some cases 3 times more. Considering a study by the Sleep council, it is recommended to replace the mattress every 6-8 years, net-net it would probably work out similar or slightly costlier in the long run.
Old 11th June 2020, 23:24   #565
BHPian

Quote:
The delivery partner, Delhivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
unethical and dishonest delivery partners (in both our cases Delhivery).
In my case, the estimated delivery was mentioned as 8th evening. When i didn't receive on 8th, i checked the shipping status and it said Customer asked for reschedule. Nobody called me and i DID NOT reschedule. And you must have read about the abusive behavior of the Delhivery staff when they came for delivery. So this might be a genuine issue with Delhivery not initiating the pickup.
, I too suspect it's an issue with Delhivery. They are the worst courier company I have ever seen. None of the items that came through them has reached me without issues. The item itself was fine, no damages or anything, but they act weird on getting the item delivered to the address without troubling me. This is no exaggeration, but for every single item, I had to call them up and check what is the delay in delivering the item. I too have got messages like, delivery rescheduled due to incorrect address or customer not reachable etc. This happens only with Delhivery and it's is in a place where I get orders delivered regularly from all other courier companies without even one phone call from delivery guy. So now I make it a point to inform the seller to NOT send the items via Delhivery at all.
Old 12th June 2020, 00:14   #566
BHPian

Quote:
I did my research before choosing wakefit. Their orthopedic mattress is brilliant and i have had no issues whatsoever. Mind that its just a little over 8 months old so i hope it lasts long. There's a huge noticeable difference in sleep quality once you get used to it (which should take around 2-3 nights).
Old 13th June 2020, 23:49   #567
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went and bought a Sleepwell Spine Care Mattress. It is a custom size. Require a hard/ firm mattress with back support. Hence went the tried and tested route. Compared with Wakefit this is 4 times as expensive, but I prefer the combination of Memory Foam and Bonded Foam for the long term “no sag” effect.
Old 14th June 2020, 18:19   #568
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
and then Sundays true colors came out
Quote:
Is Sunday a scam? Here's what happened
Will be quite saddened if Sunday's product quality or customer support has deteriorated. I bought a mattress from them in March '18 & absolutely love it. My family is also a big fan of the mattress, and we have sent many friends & relatives their way since.

Do note that my positive experience is with the "Latex Plus" mattress. Don't know about any other products of theirs.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 20:51   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Do note that my positive experience is with the "Latex Plus" mattress. Don't know about any other products of theirs.
GTO - would you say your experience with latex plus is still the same after more than 2 years of use? How has the mattress held up?

Sunday's website says this is on the softer side. Not sure if it sinks or if it provides enough support to avoid back aches in the mornings.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:03   #570
Senior - BHPian

Update on my ordeal with Sunday mattresses!

(For folks who don’t know, you may please go back a few pages backwards and go through my posts)

This is the state of one of our 3 Sunday Ortho 2g mattresses, each costing ~30k INR. The other two will follow a similar fate soon.

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-f74a1e377ca048589574bad8203db0c4.jpeg

We would still be left out with 2 copies of their other product line, which is comparatively better than Ortho 2G to live with.

Enough was enough, and we didn’t have the time, energy or money to take any legal action on the firm. In today’s marketplace, it is ok to have lacklustre mediocre and partially functional products, but it is a totally different thing to have abysmal customer care, and that too to a returning customer.

Now that this is done and dusted, a DuroFlex BackMagic costing a fraction of this Sunday crap replaced it. It has a 7 year warranty, and by initial impressions has a firm back support. We were getting sick with the neck aches and back aches and it was just this mattress and with everyone in the family using the same. Will keep this thread posted on how this DuroFlex BackMagic fares the long term. At this point, stopped trusting online reviews and went by prior experience with a similar product at home, which is beyond 5 years of age and still going strong.
DRIV3R is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks