Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 14:26   #511
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, why are you not considering old and established brands like Springwell?
The thing is none of these old brands have good online presence. Because I do not have time to go and check these mattress at offline shops and further bargain a good rate, I purchase mostly everything online.

And of course the mattress brands available online offer 80% value at 50% the price. Plus they home deliver the mattresses. Most of the offline shops charge delivery charges extra as well.

I have bought 2 Coirfit Spring Mattress(6 inch queen sized) yesterday at a price same as what they charge offline for 1 mattress.
Old 15th July 2019, 14:29   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Any reviews on Wakefit mattress?

Was considering their Dual Comfort range for a queen sized bed in a guest room. I don't believe the reviews on Amazon. Can some one give me some honest advice?
Been using Wakefit orthopedic memory foam mattress for past 2+ years (probably 3+. Can't recollect when I made the purchase) - and am definitely a satisfied customer.

I got one for myself first (king size). And later, impressed by it, I ordered one for my parents as well (custom size).

Initially, it took a bit of time for me to get used to it. This might be a personal case of mine as my wife didn't face any problem at all. Anyways, after couple of weeks, it was pretty much fine for me as well.

Negative - yes., there is one.. There is a bit of sagging (not much though) on both the sides. So, when you rollover to the middle, you can feel that there is a mild gradient.

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2019, 21:17   #513
Senior - BHPian

I just went to their experience centre, selected a firm model (best for the back) and went out. Frankly, I'm not well versed with their products to give good advise. But they do have showrooms (not much of an online presence) for your perusal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any recommendations on Springwel models
Old 30th July 2019, 13:50   #514
BHPian

Hi All,

Have started looking for a new/replacement as the current one (a coir + foam mattress) has given away totally.

What i am looking for:-
1. King sized mattress (6"X6"X6")
2. Reputable brand with promised post purchase customer service
3. Preferably no spring mattresses as all dealerships and some person working in the mattress industry has advocated against them to be used as a daily mattress. They say they are only good for couple of night's sleep in a hotel but not as a routinely used one.
4. Comfort level- Medium firm to medium soft

Below is a brief summary of my research till date.

1. Highly marketed online mattresses:

a) Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress- INR 13,338
b) SleepyCat Original – 6 inches- PREMIUM GEL MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS- INR 18,989
c) Sunday- Guess they don't have any thing in 6 inch thickness which is my beds' requirement.

My doubt is on the product quality being offered at these prices and secondly, post purchase customer service. Also, this will be a purchase without physically experiencing the product.

2. Offline experiences at authorized dealerships/ exclusive showrooms:

a) Corfom- The most comfortable IMO was their pure latex mattress, cost around INR 26,000. However, not sure about the long term durability plus company's support.
b) Springfit: They have a range of 'Drycool' and 'Re-active' collection that offers mattress without springs.
c) Kurl-on: Shortlisted their 'Mermaid' (memory foam, about INR 33k) and Magnum Plus (memory foam, INR 21k).
d) Springwel: Shortlisted their Infinity (memory foam, about INR 38k) and Infinity Green (latex top, INR 42k)
e) Eclipse: Don't know the exact model but they have one medium firm (memory foam, about IN 32k) and one a little more softer (memory foam, around 40k).

Please do provide your inputs of first hand experiences with these brands as well as any more suggestions to finalize the purchase. I am more inclined towards the offline channels as i will at least feel the product before purchase. Thanks.
Old 30th July 2019, 15:24   #515
Senior - BHPian

I bought Foams India Brands Natural Latex Portable Mattress (75"X36"X2") from Amazon India for 9K each, and has been using it as a mattress topper for over a month.
1. Soft, Comfortable, Cool.
2. Doesn't burn a hole in the pocket.
3. 2 inch is ideal for me. 6 inch rubber foam is too soft, gives me a back ache.
4. I tried using just the 2 inch rubber foam on a wooden cot but it's too firm for my liking, so I am using it as a mattress topper.
Old 5th August 2019, 13:22   #516
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

After reading a lot of reviews and Mattress hunting. We visited sunday mattress store in Bangalore for a physical feel of the mattress. Found their mattress too soft and saggy for our liking, disheartened (really wanted to go for Sunday because have heard positive reviews & all that buy back offers). But in the end bought two mattress which I have been using for past 4-5 months. One from Sleepwell for 22 k kind of passable feedback. Now,the problem is with 2nd mattress which I bought from MM foam named Dual Harmony which costed me 30k. After usage of just 4-5 months we have observed that the mattress have sagged a bit from both ends on which we sleep.i.e because of the body weight. It is now uneven in the center and makes me uncomfortable. Will likely raise a complain to the dealer before that any one of community has faced the same issue or any user review on MM Foam dual harmony will be helpful.

Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:32   #517
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the following (i) Peps Spineguard range and (ii) Peps Restonic range of mattresses? I am looking for a firm (not very hard, but firm) mattress since I have a back pain issue. Budget is around Rs. 25K (for an 8 inch variant) and I am interested in knowing how the long term experience with Peps mattresses have been.

Any reviews and feedback will be much appreciated.

Also, do latex mattresses offer the same kind of good back support as pocket-spring mattresses (the Peps models are usually pocket spring variety)?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 6th August 2019 at 12:34.
Old 6th August 2019, 13:38   #518
BHPian

I very recently bought one Dual Comfort and two Orthopedic mattresses from Wakefit. Those are really good and affordable. One would get 10-25% discounts when ordered on the company's website. Their delivery is spot on and hassle free.
Old 6th August 2019, 22:53   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone used the following (i) Peps Spineguard range and (ii) Peps Restonic range of mattresses? I am looking for a firm (not very hard, but firm) mattress since I have a back pain issue. Budget is around Rs. 25K (for an 8 inch variant) and I am interested in knowing how the long term experience with Peps mattresses have been.
Bought Peps Restonic Carousel 6” in February 2017. It’s very comfortable. I have prolapsed disc aka lower back pain. This mattress has not given me any problem at all, in fact less back pain now so long as I take care of sitting posture and lifting weight.
Old 12th August 2019, 13:36   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMind View Post
Have started looking for a new/replacement as the current one (a coir + foam mattress) has given away totally.
Purchase Update: After looking at these options, zeroed in on Springwel Infinity 6" mattress. Got a good deal from one of the dealers (better than the direct company outlet) Initial experience is great, it is soft but not too soft to give a sunken feel. However, the fabric lining on the top and bottom surface could be a bit more rigid to prevent it from accidental wear and tear or in case of shifting as the current one i feel is very soft. Will update again on the long term usage and comfort with time.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:14   #521
BHPian

Even one of my old mattress has sagged at the ends. Is this a common issue with all the mattresses? I'm looking to purchase a new mattress and worried about this sagging issue since my kid keeps hopping around in the mattress and might fall off the edge due to sagging.
Old 14th August 2019, 12:29   #522
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any user experience with MAYA mattresses, sold in Ministry of Sleep in Bangalore? These have a similar business model and price range as Sunday mattress, i.e. they are sold online only but have an experience store on St Marks Road. They are latex combined with pocket spring mattresses.

Any feedback from users ?
Old 20th August 2019, 15:04   #523
BHPian

Any updates on the Sunday mattress story ? I was considering them for a full latex mattress but now not so sure.
Old 20th August 2019, 15:49   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Any updates on the Sunday mattress story ? I was considering them for a full latex mattress but now not so sure.
Plenty of dissatisfied customers around, and lot of negative reviews from a few of my own friends who have bought their mattresses. Of course, there is the detailed saga of disappointment with the brand on this very thread, with one of the forum members himself.

While I was initially considering Sunday, these reports totally dissuaded me and after a lot of research, I decided to go with a tried and tested brand which I was more or less happy with from prior use. Chose Peps Spineguard (8 inches) from the Peps authorised dealer store, after checking out their full range of models. My specific requirement was a firm mattress rather than a soft/ medium firm one. Got mine delivered last weekend, along with two free memory foam pillows, a free comforter, and a 20% discount. So far, seems to be a good choice. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 20th August 2019 at 16:04.
Old 20th August 2019, 15:54   #525
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience Arindam. Struck off Sunday from my list

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks