Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:56   #451
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am confused between the following 2
From my own experience, I know it is confusing since there are so many options.

Before you decide, please visit a kurlon company outlet in your city if available. Their Spinekare range has 2 products that are very good - Spinekare (available in all dealer outlets) and Spinekare Pro (available only at company outlets).

Almost a decade ago, I visited a kurlon company outlet and bought a Spinekare mattress (queen size) that is still in good condition and this time round I was looking for a king size mattress for another room and was confused after seeing so many more options....till I searched here to find out Viddy had posted about his experience. I visited the kurlon company outlet and decided on Spinekare Pro

*The latex mattresses may be too cold for the body and hence not good. Generally, the mattress must keep you warm for better blood circulation, do check that before deciding.
Old 22nd September 2018, 21:50   #452
BHPian

Checked out the latex mattress at Sunday outlet. Found it too soft. I sank into in and struggled to get out. They don't have latex mattresses of different firmness.
Is there any manufacturer having latex mattress of varying firmness?
Old 29th September 2018, 22:38   #453

Hello @adimicra, I saw your post recently and first of all let me apologize for such late reply, it seems like I have unsubscribed from the thread in my mobile app (accidentally) and I used to visit team-bhp via chrome for a fuller experience.
Regarding your query about the experience with Boston Mattress I have a few things to say:
1) I purchased it directly from their website after a few conversations with their customer care, it cost us 32000/- for the mattress.
2) I purchased a pure latex 5' thickness mattress for Queen size bed and it is really a wonderful experience sleeping on it.
3) It is heavy but movable by 2 people, we flipped it twice in a year of usage to evenly distribute the usage (I am single).
4) Since this is a 5' mattress, I do not get buried in it but at the same time, the support is great and even.
5) I chose latex mattress for the same reason as I believe you have i.e. less chance of collecting dust and allergens after usage, a natural product used.

We live in a city where air pollution has become a part of our lives, a wall of dust particles visible while entering in the city at dusk welcomes you, freshly washed car is covered in visible dust particles in a matter of hours.
I used to be slightly allergic to dust particles, now it seems I have developed resistance towards it but still wanted to get a product with less chance of collecting particles, so natural latex was our preferred material for the mattress.

As for choosing the brand, Sunday, Boston Mattress and a few others were shortlisted.
Sunday mattress was proving to be quite costly at that time ( mind you Urban Ladder and other home furnishing stores did not cater my city so choices were limited as there were no offers available for us).
We went for a demo of the mattress of Kurlon and Sleepwell (non-latex mattresses) but we did not like the feel of any mattress, either due to them being too slushy or a bit rigid. You can say our heart was fixed on getting a natural latex mattress so it was just a formality, to be honest.

In the end, we decided to go for Boston Mattress India.
Any review of a mattress cannot be complete without a few months usage and I can definitely say the purchase was a success. The mattress did not sag anywhere, it is still as plush as it was on day one ( or I may feel like that), no visible damage of any kind has occurred.
We got a mattress protector with the mattress as well, so even on humid days the sweat marks are not transferred on the mattress, I am pointing this out because at the time we purchased the mattress other than Boston mattress who catered our city for delivering mattresses no one provided a protector with the mattress. These little gestures really improve the experience of purchasing and using a product.
I am not affiliated with Boston Mattress and I am writing this on solely my own personal experience, I will glad to be of any help if any query comes to mind.
Old 2nd October 2018, 10:39   #454
BHPian

Dear all,

I am considering to buy Springfit Autograph Pure Mattress (https://www.springfit.com/products/b...mattress-india) after lot of research and readings through this forum.

Anyone here using this can help me with a quick opinion?
What are the alternative i can opt for?
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:40   #455
Senior - BHPian

All,

I ended up purchasing 2 mattresses from Urban ladder some time back but forgot to update the thread.
1> 5" Latex mattress - Cost me only 30K odd as there was some offers. I am finding it very comfortable, soft with good support
2> 6" Theramedic coir and foam mattress - This one costed less than 20K and had 7 year warranty. It is a bit harder but offers good support. No back pain after a night's sleep.

Overall, very satisfied with both mattresses and would recommend them. But, I am not sure about longevity. Urban ladder customer service is probably the best I have seen among all online companies. So, there is nothing much to worry within the warranty period.
Old 2nd October 2018, 13:18   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I ended up purchasing 2 mattresses from Urban ladder some time back but forgot to update the thread.

Overall, very satisfied with both mattresses and would recommend them. But, I am not sure about longevity. Urban ladder customer service is probably the best I have seen among all online companies. So, there is nothing much to worry within the warranty period.
How long have they been in use? Has any depression formed where the torsos lie, or any other sag? Are they comfortable to use even without an AC?

I've been considering Urban Ladder mattresses for home, given my positive experience with them in other furniture, so it's good see your review as well.
Old 2nd October 2018, 13:48   #457
BHPian

Can anyone review the snoozer brand (website: https://www.snoozer.in) mattress, i have seen few older threads mentioning it. This being a premium brand, would always end up less info online.

Appreciate the help.
Old 3rd October 2018, 02:45   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

Will keep you guys posted if I get any reply from WakeFit
Any update? Booked one today and if your experience is true will return it in the 100days window period.
Old 4th October 2018, 00:03   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Any update? Booked one today and if your experience is true will return it in the 100days window period.
They stopped answering me and everytime its someone will call back so I gave up. Also, my reviews have been deleted in the site, so now I know how they have so many positive reviews!
Old 8th November 2018, 10:23   #460
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
They stopped answering me and everytime its someone will call back so I gave up. Also, my reviews have been deleted in the site, so now I know how they have so many positive reviews!
Hope it is resolved now. Heard similar story from a colleague as well.

Just do a Google search for “wakefit fake reviews” and you will come across this link and other similar links

https://www.fakespot.com/product/wak...ss-78-60-8inch

It shows around half the reviews are fake and/or unreliable with a review grade of “D”.

During the sale, Wakefit was selling at 40% discount and same for some other brands like Sleepyhead, SleepyCat etc., Some of the brands even offer an eye popping 20 yr warranty. If you put together the facts, it paints a scary picture -

- Removing genuine negative reviews
- Flooding the net with fake reviews (I almost do not trust most online reviews except for those on reliable websites such as team-bhp)
- 40% discount (plus another 15% gone to Amazon as their sales commission + 10-20% gone towards shipping). This leaves around 25% - 30% for the company to make the product and make some profit. Assuming they make around 10% margin, so you are buying a product that is worth just 15% of the MRP
- 20 yr warranty

I do not see how someone can be making a profit with this kind of discounts and offer a 20 yr warranty!

Even I learnt the hard way, after buying deep discounts products - “You get what you pay for!"
Old 8th November 2018, 20:26   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Just do a Google search for “wakefit fake reviews” and you will come across this link and other similar links
It shows around half the reviews are fake and/or unreliable with a review grade of “D”.
Surprised to read that. Or may be I just got lucky! Bought one of their mattresses about 2-yrs ago and it's still going strong. No backaches (or headaches!) yet. It cost us close to 17k at the time of purchase.

Have to check exactly which of their mattresses we bought. I know it is one of the 6" ones, Queen size. If I remember right, we were advised to use one side of the mattress - we disregarded this advice!

My twin infants climb up on the headboard and jump about in all glee over the entire mattress - no harm yet. Granted they are still featherweight!

Prior to this, we had one from kurlon - Coir + foam etc. It lost shape in 6-months of using it. Called them up to honor their warranty claims. They replied promptly and sent in an executive. He agreed with our assessment and after much deliberation offered 10% discount on the same product if we buy it from them.

Kicked the guy out (metaphorically); threw the mattress out; and updated it with the wakefit one after a bit of research and cautious online shopping.

Last edited by ampere : 8th November 2018 at 20:30. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 13th November 2018, 08:29   #462
BHPian

Hi Chief, the kurl on mattress you mentioned looks interesting. Can you help me with the model details

Thanks a ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Wow. This topic caught my attention because probably I did not expect this thread.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th November 2018 at 12:52.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:57   #463
BHPian

Hi,
I own the following mattresses from Peps:
Peps Restonic Grand Palais (bought in 2009)
Peps SpineGuard Queen Size (bought in 2011)
Peps SpineGuard Single Bed (bought in 2015)
Sleepwell some model (bought in 2016)

I want to replace my Sleepwell a latex bed and have shortlisted 2:
a) MM Foam 100% Latex
b) Peps Organic Latex Pocketed Spring

The peps comes with good offers like 20% discount with exchange, free pillows, free comforter and mattress guard. I am unable to understand how the organic latex from Peps has pocketed springs in it as I always thought a latex mattress will not have springs in it

MM Foam has many outlets and advertises that they make the best latex in India. They offer 18% discount and a useless bedsheet

Seems like there are many latex experts here. I have read all the reviews. Please suggest which of the above is better
( I could not find a Foams India showroom near my house. So did not consider it)
Old 1st January 2019, 18:18   #464
BHPian

Lots of positive reviews for Sunday mattress, was impressed with the latex plus 3 mattress. Looking forward to try this mattress any referral codes from team bhp members?
Old 8th January 2019, 11:23   #465
Senior - BHPian

Placed an order last week for Sunday's Ortho Mattress. If you google Sunday's review then that scares you and I almost dropped the idea. But then this thread had a couple of happy customers so decided to take the plunge, threw in an order for a pair of pillows also.

I got my bed custom-made for 8" mattress thinking Sunday is what I'll get but the moment I googled its reviews there were a lot of complaints and a lot of unhappy customers.

Then I decided to look elsewhere but getting an 8" mattress in 30k wasn't easy. Either the prices were way too much or I wasn't getting the desired thickness.

Scanned through this thread and realized that people, here at least, are pretty satisfied with Sunday so went ahead with the purchase.

The mattress should arrive this weekend or next week, will post my review in a few weeks. If there's anything that I should take care of during the 100 day trial then please let me know. The plan is not even have tea on the mattress during the 100 day trial and hopefully Sunday will honour its claim should something go wrong with my expectations from the mattress.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks