Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 21:35   #526
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Has anyone used the following (i) Peps Spineguard range and (ii) Peps Restonic range of mattresses? I am looking for a firm (not very hard, but firm) mattress since I have a back pain issue. ....................

Using spine guard for last 7+ years. Very good mattress. Father also uses one. It is a bit firm, but not uncomfortably stiff. I selected it because I sit in chair for over 8+ hours per day. Didnt want to get back pain and bought it as "preventive measure"

We also have a restonic - which I really love. It has that sinking into the cloud feeling!
Old 21st August 2019, 09:02   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Using spine guard for last 7+ years. Very good mattress. Father also uses one. It is a bit firm, but not uncomfortably stiff. I selected it because I sit in chair for over 8+ hours per day. Didnt want to get back pain and bought it as "preventive measure"

We also have a restonic - which I really love. It has that sinking into the cloud feeling!
I used the Peps Restonic for 6 years before this, but this time, wanted to upgrade to a firm mattress to ensure back pain issues were taken care of. Looked around at various brands, but finally settled for the Peps Spineguard. Good to hear that it has been giving you good service! I specifically wanted a firm mattress which is better in the long run that softer mattresses, and hence chose this one.
Old 30th September 2019, 21:08   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Any reviews on Flo Mattress? Planning to buy their Ergo mattress for one of the bedrooms at home.

Reasons why I'm leaning towards them:
1. The mattress cost is 7k for the single bed (3k discount through the Cred offer)
2. 100-days trial
3. Based out of Mumbai, easier for returns/warranty claims if the need arises
4. Terms & conditions similar to the competitors
Did you buy the Flo mattress? Cred offers 6k off on 8 inch mattresses, so I was keen to know more about these.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 30th September 2019 at 21:11.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:47   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Did you buy the Flo mattress? Cred offers 6k off on 8 inch mattresses, so I was keen to know more about these.

KK
Not yet! Maybe in a couple of weeks as I'm travelling at the moment. I might also go for the 8" mattress.
Old 6th October 2019, 23:55   #530
BHPian

Shortlisted the following mattresses in 72x72 in size. No solid reasoning and just had a feel of these by sitting and lying down for a minute or two. Budget not above 35K.
1. Sleepwell :- Spine tech Air and Spine tech Air luxury
2. Godrej:- Accupaedic 6in
3. Kurlon:- Duplex and Magnum plus
Migrating from Kurlon coir ones.. I am looking for Neither a very soft mattress nor a very firm one, Support around 6.5 and comfort around 6. Pl advise on my choices or other options. The users don’t have any back issues and are back/side sleepers. Not looking at all towards spring ones and finally how long lasting is bonded foam or memory foam and do they tend to sag.
Old 25th November 2019, 09:52   #531
BHPian

Visited the Kurl-on company store in East Delhi and finalized Kurlon 'Spinekare Plus'. It is a memory foam + bonded foam mattress with a 10 year warranty. The Spinekare Pro or Spinekare RC is the rubberized Coir version of the same.

Mine is a custom sized single bed where the plus costs around 22k and pro 35k for the same size.

Overall impressed with Kurlon products and the service experience.
Old 5th December 2019, 09:07   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Using spine guard for last 7+ years. Very good mattress. Father also uses one. It is a bit firm, but not uncomfortably stiff.
Is this a Foam based one or Bonnell spring based one? I see that they have both the options for the spine guard.
Old 5th December 2019, 21:51   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Is this a Foam based one or Bonnell spring based one? I see that they have both the options for the spine guard.

I have the pocketed spring one. Memory foam as top layer and springs under it.
Old 27th December 2019, 11:23   #534
Senior - BHPian

In the market for a pocket spring mattress. 78x72 would be the size. Changing from years of sleeping on coir mattresses.

Looking at Kurl-On Angelic 6"+2" which is around 32k.

And Peps Spring Koil as well.

Any other recommendations around the 35k bracket?
Old 27th December 2019, 15:55   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Not yet! Maybe in a couple of weeks as I'm travelling at the moment. I might also go for the 8" mattress.
Have you bought the mattress? any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 15:57   #536
BHPian

Please checkout Wakefit mattresses. Very cheap and two of my friends are using it and very positive reviews.
Old 27th December 2019, 17:59   #537
BHPian

Currently using sleep well spine tech air for last 1.5 years. The mattress is good and have retained its shape so far but it is a bit firm than what it felt like initially. It has nice memory foam on top but still I get some body pain by sleeping on it. This is confirmed by the fact that when I recently travelled and stayed around a week in a hotel (spring mattress) I had no body pain at all. Any idea what can be done in this case . Seems a Mattress topper might help but sleep well does not sell one and amazon has loads of them and none has a good review. Looking for some advice.
Old 27th December 2019, 19:38   #538
BHPian

Thanks @raaj.bhalla , seems to be cheaper than Sunday or peps. But still not sure what to choose :( foam or coir or spring or latex . I have mild lower back pain. Would want the mattress not to increase this.
Old 16th January 2020, 12:09   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thanks @raaj.bhalla , seems to be cheaper than Sunday or peps. But still not sure what to choose :( foam or coir or spring or latex . I have mild lower back pain. Would want the mattress not to increase this.
IMO , Coir is a strict no . Pocketed Spring + latex is a good combo . The number of springs( More the better) also matter as those give support to the back. The full foam mattress will be little firm compared to above combo.
Old 16th January 2020, 12:25   #540
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered a Latex+Pocket Pring mattress from DuroFlex. Model called Prana. With two neck pro pillows and a mattress protector free, damage to wallet was 41k.

Waiting for stock to reach.

My previous mattress was a coir+foam basic mattress, so i really hope this mattress justifies the monies spent on it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks