Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2020, 02:20   #586
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Hi, did you hear from Morning Owl? I am also thinking about Latex bed.
I did. It's best to ping them on the WhatsApp no. On their website. They do respond and their person said he would bring a sample over so that we can get a feel for it but with the current situation we have not taken it up. They are pretty knowledgeable.
The person did say that their latex mattress will be a little softer vs Tattva (as it has a coir base). After discounts from Duroflex both are pretty much around the same price though.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 11:42   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone heard of these guys:https://www.snoozermattress.com/

Anyone used them? Seems to be a preferred brand for most 5 star hotels in India.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:56   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Anyone heard of these guys:https://www.snoozermattress.com/

Anyone used them? Seems to be a preferred brand for most 5 star hotels in India.
Just take a look at the starting few pages of this thread ( or use the search feature) and it was all about Snoozer. Not so much these days.

I think I recall one member who was not happy with it. It seems it's difficult to go through their warranty process in case something is wrong with the mattress.
Old 19th October 2020, 12:05   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Visited the Kurl-on company store in East Delhi and finalized Kurlon 'Spinekare Plus'. It is a memory foam + bonded foam mattress with a 10 year warranty. The Spinekare Pro or Spinekare RC is the rubberized Coir version of the same.

Mine is a custom sized single bed where the plus costs around 22k and pro 35k for the same size.

Overall impressed with Kurlon products and the service experience.
So its been an year with the mattress and I thought I'd give you guys an update. As so often happens, I have circled back to my original conclusion. After over 20 years (yeah I started early on the ortho mattress stuff) and three mattresses later I have concluded that a HARD coir mattress with minimal cushioning on top is the cheapest, most effective and least hair splitting way to achieve a good sleep, and by that I mean waking up refreshed without any aches or pains.

Yeah the mattress is good and I would recommend it, but my 10 year old 'ortho' coir mattress is still the king of the Zzzz. Now I am sure there are better mattress out there but I am equally sure they are not for 'everyone' and most likely cost a lot more money.

My final word is for an everyday individual a hard coir mattress with some basic cushioning is the way to go

EDIT: The only other thing that i found interesting is natural latex. Guess will try that too at some point

Last edited by Elito11 : 19th October 2020 at 12:08.
Elito11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 12:01   #590
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have been looking at buying Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress to relieve us of the every morning back aches. Online reviews are a mix of good & bad, if any one from Team-Bhp can share the review, it will be very helpful.
Old 27th October 2020, 15:23   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Guys, I have been looking at buying Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress...
All of their products are good. Go for it!
Old 27th October 2020, 20:06   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Guys, I have been looking at buying Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress to relieve us of the every morning back aches. Online reviews are a mix of good & bad, if any one from Team-Bhp can share the review, it will be very helpful.
We bought a Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress in June-2020. So far happy with the comfort and no more early morning back-aches. Still early days, hope it serves us well over the next few years.
Hope this helps
Old 27th October 2020, 20:37   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
All of their products are good. Go for it!
Yes. I like their products. I ready have one shisham bed from them. Hope the quality is consistent across the products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
We bought a Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress in June-2020. So far happy with the comfort and no more early morning back-aches. Still early days, hope it serves us well over the next few years.
Hope this helps
Thanks much. I have ordered the 8 inch one. Keeping figures crossed.
Old 28th October 2020, 18:48   #594
BHPian

Hi,

Some of the mattress review websites list Emma Mattress in their top 3. But I did not see any discussions about it here.

https://www.emma-mattress.in/

Any one has any experience with this brand? They claim to be imported from Germany.
Old 28th October 2020, 20:00   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
GTO - would you say your experience with latex plus is still the same after more than 2 years of use? How has the mattress held up?

Sunday's website says this is on the softer side. Not sure if it sinks or if it provides enough support to avoid back aches in the mornings.
I had purchased a Latex Plus mattress from Sunday in July 2016. The sides are sagging and only a small center section is firm now. I have reached out to their support team via email and am awaiting response.
Old 30th October 2020, 21:38   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Just remembered something. Sir, have you checked the orientation of the bed here? As such, I don't think the Duropedic range mattress can be flipped since they have a orthopedic support pad in the top layer.

But I was wondering if you haven't kept the head of the mattress at the tail end of your platform and vice versa (this would put the part of the pad meant to support your back right below your legs). Just in case this helps with the backache.

NOTE: Mods, please merge this post with my previous one if necessary. They are not actually back-to-back posts.
Good point, and we did check on this. While opening the packing we did keep the mattress in same orientation as packaging - upright. We tried to check for any other marking but couldn’t find any.

Will sleep in opposite orientation and observe if it is any better. Will update in a few weeks.
Old 13th December 2020, 09:40   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Good point, and we did check on this. While opening the packing we did keep the mattress in same orientation as packaging - upright. We tried to check for any other marking but couldn’t find any.

Will sleep in opposite orientation and observe if it is any better. Will update in a few weeks.
Hi Driv3r - any updates on this? Has it become better? Hope it has

Nimz
Old 13th December 2020, 15:53   #598
BANNED

I would suggest that you consider Memory foam type mattress as it is the most comfortable mattress for people suffering from back pain. They provide relief from painful pressure points because of their contouring effect. They give immense support to our back moulding as per our body shape and also gives warmth to our body. Another benefit of the memory foam is, they are hypoallergenic. They have a dense structure, which is good for reducing the allergens building up in the body. Memory foam mattresses are very good for people who suffer from allergies, as dust and other allergens cannot find a way into your mattress.
Old 14th December 2020, 13:34   #599
BHPian

Any experience of IKEA Coir+Latex Mattresses? Ikea VORMEDAL is the range for that. I will be buying 3 mattresses soon and was checking out my options. After reading through, wondering whether to drop out memory foam. Currently using hard foam mattresses made by local bedding shops as current beds and non standard sizes.
Old 7th January 2021, 21:48   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
My final word is for an everyday individual a hard coir mattress with some basic cushioning is the way to go

EDIT: The only other thing that i found interesting is natural latex. Guess will try that too at some point
Absolutely agree with Elito11.

About 15 years ago I bought Kurlon Spinekare, after a few years of use started getting back pain. About 5 years ago, shifted to Kurlon New Ortho (I don't think they are selling this anymore) - hard coir mattress with hardly any cushion - found this to be the best, especially for people with back pain. I checked with a Doctor and shifted to Hard Coir based on his recommendation, no complaints so far.

Recently, after reading reviews about natural latex I was tempted to try it. So, about 15 days ago I bought a 2" latex topper from Morning Owl. Quality of the product is pretty good. Could not decide between "soft" and "hard" versions they were selling, so bought one each. Soft is too soft and hard is quite good.

Having slept on latex for few days my urge subsided and went back to Kurlon New Orho. Especially for people with back pain, "latex soft" is a big no. The hard version could be just fine.

For those who are curious about what I did with the toppers from "Morning Owl", I did not return them. One of them is being used by a family member who likes a very soft bed and the other one is lying unused
vidyHyd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks