Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2019, 12:20   #481
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Folks in Hyderabad could check this store Wudplay at Ameerpet , next to Greenpark Hotel . They sell king size latex mattress for 29k . Pretty firm with good support compared to sunday .
Old 15th March 2019, 22:25   #482
BANNED

Hi,

1. Is there a store in delhi where we can experience both latex and memory foam comfortably without the plastic cover other protection?

2. Anyone have experience of both...? How do they differ in feel to comfort etc to each other?

Thanks 🙏
Old 17th March 2019, 15:23   #483
BHPian

I went to Godrej Store yesterday and saw their mattress range.. I was shown an Orthoplus model of Godrej which is primarily a foam mattress. I was searching for any review on these but not much is available on the web, moreover this thread also has hardly any mention of godrej mattresses
Would be grateful if someone can throw some light on these.

PS: I have a transferable job and am looking for a comfy, long life and easily transportable mattress my requirements are..
1. Budget Upto 20K
2. I have king size bed so is it advisable to go for single 72x78 or two 36x78 mattress owing to move once in 2/3 yrs.
3. Coir/foam/memory foam/mix what type is better.
4. No spine probs in family however my present Kurlon ( coir) does give me backaches at times..
Would be grateful if someone can suggest exact models from different manufacturers which will suit me.
Regards
Old 20th March 2019, 14:58   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I went to Godrej Store yesterday and saw their mattress range.. I was shown an Orthoplus model of Godrej which is primarily a foam mattress. I was searching for any review on these but not much is available on the web, moreover this thread also has hardly any mention of godrej mattresses
Would be grateful if someone can throw some light on these.
We have been using Godrej Ortho since past 4 years. We had no specific requirement or body pain, but the reason we bought this was because pocket spring mattress was too expensive. This has been an absolutely delightful mattress and we do have any complaints with our sleep quality or with the mattress structure itself. If I remember correctly, we paid 17-18k for a 5x6.5 feet 5 inch mattress. Got 2 memory foam pillows (we don't use it) and a comforter free with it.

Last edited by manish84 : 20th March 2019 at 15:02.
Old 20th March 2019, 15:46   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
We have been using Godrej Ortho since past 4 years. We had no specific requirement or body pain, but the reason we bought this was because pocket spring mattress was too expensive. This has been an absolutely delightful mattress and we do have any complaints with our sleep quality or with the mattress structure itself. If I remember correctly, we paid 17-18k..
Thanks Manish for the update, I am planning to go for the same but at the store the mattress was packed in some kind of clear plastic wrapping and was quite hard when checked hence was two minds about it.. Thanks for the freebies info , it will help me to bargain. Will update after purchase.
Off topic when I read your post first I read it as “We do have Many complaints”
Old 21st March 2019, 11:38   #486
BHPian

I see some good offers on latex mattresses in Flipkart today. I am looking at these options:

Sprintek king - 40K
https://www.flipkart.com/springtek-d...FLIPKART&sattr

Boston king - 55K
https://www.flipkart.com/boston-orga...FLIPKART&sattr

Have anybody of you used these mattresses? SprinkTek in particular looks very enticing. Boston is expensive, but they have a no cost EMI option.

How is the comfort of 5/6 inch mattresses compared to 8 inch ones? Is there a significant difference in comfort?

Till now I had been looking at Sunday mattresses, but recently I read some negative reviews in mouthshut which also said that they routinely deletes negative reviews from their site. Their 100 day trial is definitely a game changer.

Last edited by Eddy : 14th July 2019 at 15:56. Reason: Fixed links
Old 26th March 2019, 09:50   #487
BHPian

Hi

Can anyone send me a referral link for Sunday?

Thanks

Aniket
Old 26th March 2019, 09:58   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
Hi

Thanks

Aniket

http://sunday.refr.cc/M379F7W
Old 1st April 2019, 08:15   #489
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I got to admit - this thread ROCKS. After quickly skimming through the discussion, I placed an order for the "Latex Plus 3 Mattress" from Sunday. For good measure, I also called for 2 pillows from them, both differently sized as I didn't know which pillow I'd like.

Oh my god. The experience (along with a comforter bought from the States) is truly 5-star hotel-like.
My brother - who is quite the hotel snob - had this to say. He used my bedroom last weekend when I was away in Pune with the Harrier:
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-screenshot_20190330204808_whatsapp.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:11   #490
BHPian

Hi need info regarding the mattress,which type is better where the person is in the bed for sleep as well as in semi sit position(watching TV etc ) most of the time.
Old 4th April 2019, 22:24   #491
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketvu View Post
Hi

Thanks

Aniket
Hi, what's a referral link? May I get 1 too... Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 13:59   #492
Senior - BHPian

A word of caution to folks considering Sunday mattresses. I am a long termer with Sunday and the experience is pathetic. While some members are having a great experience with Full Latex mattresses, my experience with Ortho 2G has been pathetic. Not worth the 29k spent at all. This review is more in line with the same variant and also about the kind of support you expect from their team in case things go wrong.

Much to my expectation, most reviews online concede with me, unfortunately it was too late when I discovered.

https://www.mouthshut.com/product-re...iews-925862115

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-tha...hing-but-hyped

We have 5 Sunday mattresses within our family. 3 in King Size Ortho 2G, each around 30k INR, and 2 Memory Plus 3G each around 18k INR. We are having issues with all three Ortho 2G mattresses, but since 2 are being used outside Bangalore and they have zero support (as customer is expected to ship the mattress to them for "inspection" and sleep on the floor meanwhile) I decided to let them be and focus on the one in Bangalore as it can be called in for Inspection and taken forward. Little did I know that it would be a nightmare.

Quoting my review below:

Quote:

I have a Ortho 2G mattress purchased for 29,000 INR in king size which has terrible sagging issues.

First one year mattress was good to use, post that the sagging went from bad to terrible and we used to wake up everyday with back pain.

I complained to Alphonse Reddy who is the founder CEO and also their customer care - twice. After second time complaint, they wanted me to ship mattress to them and sleep on the floor, while they inspect my mattress for sagging. Took a bit of talking to get them inspect as I was in Bangalore.

Both sides of the mattress that were used was sagging totally and the middle of the mattress was firm and stiff as new, which was causing even more pain. The mattress was even periodically rotated as suggested to eliminate sagging due to repeated use at particular points.

One of their(Sunday) executive came home and wasted half a day of my time, he stripped the mattress to bare minimum and clicked many pictures of the sagging till 3 inches and also filled an inspection report which is in line with their warranty process.

The inspection report had many details and was a 2 page report which recorded the amount of sagging, whether the mattress has mattress protector, original mattress cover with Sunday ziptie, any foul odour, stains, etc.

Everything was explained to me and the report was signed by the executive and also me.

Next day I get a call saying my warranty claim is rejected, and that they need another inspection. I was in no mood to entertain these jokers again and questioned their grounds. They were beating around the bush and accepted that they do not trust the customer’s complaints for over an year, and also their own operations executive with their own inspection report - after some 20 plus exchanges on email.

They even had the audacity to go ahead and close my request ticket without any update or closure to the issue. They also chickened out from sharing the inspection report and the images clicked at my residence on email fearing they will be exposed.

This is highly arrogant behaviour from Sunday and I request folks to not get fooled by their 10 year warranty clause. It is a grey area and they claim they will issue warranty on pro rata basis based on sagging if it is above 1 inch or so. They will wantedly reject your claim even after their own executive examines your mattress and documents sagging above limits. Online reviews also concede with the same, some customers were also given a 40 percent depreciation for one year during a warranty claim.

Their FAKE 10 year warranty clause is what sold me into this mattress and brand, along with some good reviews floating over the internet.

In the interim, I have even got requests from Alphonse Reddy the founder of Sunday and their CC for doing video reviews since I initially rated them 9/10. Their modus operandi is to reach out to folks who have currently rated them high and ask them to do a video review for publicity and then give them upto 12000 INR cash. It was obvious that I was not going to resort to such cheap tactics since I always wait for writing a review on any product or service till I have evaluated them enough, and also avoid sugar coated words basis initial euphoria. So most of the 5 star reviews you see over the internet could be such cases where some money was given for customers to do good reviews.

Mind you, this is a long termer talking. (first mattress was purchased sometime in 2016)
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 13:23   #493
kcz
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your experience. I totally understand what you must have gone through. After sales service can be frustrating. I have been an old timer and a repeat customer of Sunday (since 2015!) and had nothing but great experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Next day I get a call saying my warranty claim is rejected, and that they need another inspection. I was in no mood to entertain these jokers again and questioned their grounds.
I went thru this and had a better experience when their senior person visited me. If they are volunteering to do second inspection, I would say why not give it a try? Maybe they want to do another inspection before giving a final verdict. I am curious to see what their senior people say about sagging issues you are seeing. of course, i am sure it needs time commitment from you as well.

Most of the mattresses in my home and my extended family’s are all from Sunday. My first mattress from them was in 2015 (Their 1st generation mattress was my first purchase) and purchased the 2nd and 3rd generation mattresses. I am yet to buy their 4th generation that is released just now (need to hunt for a mattress to replace because I exhausted most of the replaceable mattresses in extended family )

Since I have seen multiple generation of their mattresses, I can say that their newer generation mattresses are perceptibly better than their older generation mattresses, but I have had no product related complaints with their older generation products either. I sleep like a baby and the mattress has held itself well in spite of occasional misuse by the kids.

I had one service complaint where the cover (the cover is not covered under warranty) shrunk after a wash. I was told on the phone that the fabric cover is not covered under warranty, but the team did inspect (took photos, filled forms) and sent the email. However, during the second visit (by someone senior), they did offer a new cover at a heavy discount but did let me know that it was being done as an exception.

Outstation warranty - They are purely online like they say. I guess they pass on some of the savings to end users.

Reviews - Are you referring to this? Personal opinion - asking someone who has already rated the product good (as seems to be the case with both you and I), to do a video review and giving them a cash prize does not seem like an unethical practice.

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-email.png

I did not take up on the offer because I was lazy but I did not find it a wrong practice (my personal opinion though!). In fact, I think it is actually quite a common practice that brands incentivise genuine users to share their experience and offer prizes/freebies in return.

[Much to my expectation, most reviews online concede with me, unfortunately it was too late when I discovered.]

I had actually gone through the reviews about them thoroughly and still do my check before buying their product. I feel that there are two sides to every story. Not all positive reviews are fake and not all negative reviews are objective. Overall, I finally made an informed choice to buy from them and quite happy with them.

Thanks,
kcz
kcz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 21:41   #494
Senior - BHPian

Hi kcz,

I am ok with them to inspect a second time though it is an inconvenience for me and my family, one more time.

My only ask was to share the first inspection report for my own reference in case I need to exercise my consumer rights. It was a 2 page document recording all parameters as observed with pictures clicked as proof. It was further explained and signed by me. Given that, I feel it is a fair ask for those documents to go on record before I let them in for a second inspection. If they have nothing to hide, and fear nothing, and don’t have any plans for hanky panky, why not share the inspection report on email?

I agree that their Gen3 and Gen4 products are good and better than Gen1/2, but there are other marquees out there that offer better value and of course customer service.

Secondly, even before there was any resolution or closure, Sunday went ahead and closed my ticket with no updates or comments or notice. Imagine paying 30 grand for a mattress with 10 year so called warranty, and getting slammed on the face while you raise a ticket for sagging and after their engineer inspects and confirms the same? This marred everything.
Old 6th May 2019, 07:46   #495
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
A word of caution to folks considering Sunday mattresses. I am a long termer with Sunday and the experience is pathetic. While some members are having a great experience with Full Latex mattresses, my experience with Ortho 2G has been pathetic. Not worth the 29k spent at all. This review is more in line with the same variant and also about the kind of support you expect from their team in case things go wrong.
Thanks for sharing your review, DRIV3R! Sunday Mattress just dropped an email responding to it:

Quote:
Dear DRIV3R,

We thank you for your order and sincerely hope that this had turned out differently. We are committed to serving you as best as we can but need your cooperation too.

Warranty issue: We need to complete the second inspection. The 1st warranty inspection did not turn up any issues and hence it was rejected. We even sent an email to you. There is nothing to beat around the bush here and have nothing to hide - you still have the product with you and if the product is faulty then we can't run away from our responsibility.

Why the ticket was closed?
The ticket was closed because we cannot move forward without inspection and you would not let us. Even our head of operations reached out to you to convince you to let the 2nd inspection happen, but to no avail. The ticket auto lapses when there is no activity for 4 days and this is what happened here.

Way forward:
Please let us complete the job. We need to do the 2nd inspection (even though it has a different outcome in <5% of the cases). It will done by a senior team. This is done to eliminate any bias or human error. If we still find that there is no issue with the product, we can suggest alternatives. This is standard procedure. We told you this at the same time we sent you the email that the 1st inspection was not showing any issue. We do this for all and any warranty claims irrespective of whether they ask for it or not.

4. Closing notes:

Our sincere apologies if there is anything wrong from our end. If there is any fault from our end, please let us know and we can improve. We urge your cooperation in closing this.

Regards,
Sunday Mattress Team

Response on other miscellaneous things -

outstation warranty inspection - true, we are an online brand and do not have a presence in other cities as of now. However, our processes are pretty efficient, even considering that we are online.

contacting us two times to get the complaint registered - The 1st time you wrote, we called and emailed and there was no response for 3 months.

paying for positive reviews - This would be a gross misrepresentation of facts. Another user kcz has already shared the screenshot of the exact email that is sent to customers.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks