Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 19:44   #16
BHPian

The classified section is AWESOME!
Love the fact that you can now search by cars. After there are a few sales, could the sales data be used to give an estimate for a cars based on area/city/age/model etc?
Old 13th October 2010, 20:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

Glad to see the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish21 View Post
each time I try to re-list it gives me an error message and I have to force shut it down.

I use IE 6.
hrish21, i'd say a sure-shot way to fix your problem is to use something other than IE6 (It'll do you good - even sites like gmail and youtube no longer support IE6)

Though, if you wish to get help with the problem you're facing on IE6 - please include a detailed description of the problem and send it as a reply to any of the emails you received from Team-BHP Classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Also have we deactivated posting ability Onto the old Classifieds?
How about another Tab/icon New Classifieds next to the current Classifieds?
The existing classifieds will be taken offline in about a week. It has been left online so members can easily transfer over their ads etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
BTW do you intend on charging to list ads in the future? Because I see it says list your vehicle for free as an introductory offer?
Do re-read the first post in this thread, as GTO has mentioned this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidAndroid View Post
After there are a few sales, could the sales data be used to give an estimate for a cars based on area/city/age/model etc?
This is something we are definitely keen to add, though it might take a while, and the method at which we arrive at the estimate might be a bit different.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th October 2010 at 20:21.
Old 13th October 2010, 22:36   #18
BHPian

The new site looks great! Kudos to the team!
One question based on the comment below,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team,

During the initial period, ads can be listed for free. However, to keep up with Team-BHP's growing infrastructural and monthly expenses, listing fees will eventually be charged (though BHPian & higher member levels will continue to be able to list their vehicles for free).
Can a BHPian list his/her friends vehicles also? Since the long-term plan according to the above post is to charge for listings. Will there be a rule like only own vehicle can be listed for free(for BHPina and above) or so?

Scorpio Fan
Old 13th October 2010, 22:37   #19
BHPian

Great Going, Keep it Up !!

The ad compare feature is quite remarkable.

The large picture view feature with zoom capabilities was much needed too.

1. Can we add a search cars in pre selected price band on the left ? (like cars between 1-2Lakhs, 2-3lakhs & so on..)A buyer can see all the available cars in a certain price range by a single click.The pre-owned car buyers will be equally concerned about the price band they are buying.

2. Can we have bidding features on certain Items, if the Seller wishes to put them for auctioning ?
Old 14th October 2010, 00:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
2. Can we have bidding features on certain Items, if the Seller wishes to put them for auctioning ?
Since TBHP won't be involved in the actual transaction, I don't see why this feature should be necessary. As it is I believe the vehicle would be sold only to the person offering the highest amount.
Old 14th October 2010, 01:01   #21
BHPian

Hello Team

This is a great move and happy to see new classifields section, members and non members now can post their ads which is very beneficial to select at one place. Thanks for bringing this to us and many thanks for people who worked hard to get this online.
Old 14th October 2010, 07:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

The new classified section looks super cool, a totally new and a refreshed look. Hats off to the team to get this done.

1) I sorely miss the entry of city name. For eg if I want to search for Thane by entering the Zip code specific ads it lists even Mumbai ads too (since it searches within 150kms radius)which at times is irritating. Is there an apossibility to give an option for search either city wise or Zip code wise.
2) Another thing is the link to the forum, once someone goes to the forum section, he cannot return back to the classified section. Either the forum link has to be discountinued or an option would be nice to retrun back to the new classified section.

Otherwise great feature packed classifieds look, the search is awesome.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

HUGE upgrade, really worthy of calling it an upgrade. Kudos to support team.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:41   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Can a BHPian list his/her friends vehicles also?
BHPians (and above) can only list their own vehicles for free (once the pricing kicks in).

Quote:
Can we add a search cars in pre selected price band on the left ? (like cars between 1-2Lakhs, 2-3lakhs & so on..)A buyer can see all the available cars in a certain price range by a single click.The pre-owned car buyers will be equally concerned about the price band they are buying.
It's already available . Click on "Multi-model &
Advanced search" (top right) and you'll see the option to search broadly by a price range (e.g. all cars between 5.0 - 10.0 lakhs).

Quote:
Can we have bidding features on certain Items, if the Seller wishes to put them for auctioning ?
As things stand right now, we have no plans on running auctions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I sorely miss the entry of city name. For eg if I want to search for Thane by entering the Zip code specific ads it lists even Mumbai ads too (since it searches within 150kms radius)which at times is irritating. Is there an apossibility to give an option for search either city wise or Zip code wise.
Thanks for the suggestion. We will reduce the default radius value in due time. However, I do think that someone from Thana would have no problem in considering a car from Mumbai, as long as the price / condition are a fit.

Quote:
Another thing is the link to the forum, once someone goes to the forum section, he cannot return back to the classified section. Either the forum link has to be discountinued or an option would be nice to retrun back to the new classified section.
Thanks again. We will update the link on the "classifieds" button (forum navbar) shortly.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:12   #25
BHPian

Great going guys. Love the new classifieds section. Its so much more organised and easier to search for cars in one city. Thanks again.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:31   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Can we add a search cars in pre selected price band on the left ? (like cars between 1-2Lakhs, 2-3lakhs & so on..)A buyer can see all the available cars in a certain price range by a single click.The pre-owned car buyers will be equally concerned about the price band they are buying.
I see what you're saying here.

As GTO said, the feature you're asking for (ie search by price range) is available in the advanced search, BUT you want a one-click way to access these (similar to how we have 1-click searches for all sedans / SUVs / bikes etc on the top.

Good suggestion. Added to the checklist for future upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
1) I sorely miss the entry of city name. For eg if I want to search for Thane by entering the Zip code specific ads it lists even Mumbai ads too
With a "string" search for location (eg. thane / mumbai) its not always exhaustive/accurate, since spellings, alternate names, etc can greatly hamper the results of your search.

In the future we might add a way to search by city name as well, (but behind the scenes that would translate back into a zipcode for the lookup anyway!)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th October 2010 at 11:33.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

The new classified site is really great. Makes searching much easier than before. Can we have a 'want to buy' section too, where buyers can put requirements and prospective sellers may contact them?
Old 14th October 2010, 12:46   #28
BHPian

Good work guys, but the new Classifieds is comparatively slower to open pages (believe its the flash!). Couple of things that bothered me.
a) When I zoom a specific picture, the zoom always starts from the first pic.
b) The close button isnt visible in my browser (IE 8) and I had a hard time closing the zoomed picture. Can You make the zoom go away, when clicking anywhere except the pic.

Edit:
Is the 'reason for sale' column, removed?
Old 14th October 2010, 12:56   #29

Re-listed my ad (Awaiting Approval) - Thanks Rehaan - upgraded to IE 7.

The nice part about the website is you can see the listing on the first page by brand which are represented by Logos .. That's So Cool !!!!
Old 14th October 2010, 13:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
IWith a "string" search for location (eg. thane / mumbai) its not always exhaustive/accurate, since spellings, alternate names, etc can greatly hamper the results of your search.

In the future we might add a way to search by city name as well, (but behind the scenes that would translate back into a zipcode for the lookup anyway!)
Thanks for the info. The reason for my requirement was that Thane alone has 15 zip codes whereas Mumbai might have a lot more than that.

Another option which could be thought of might be the RTO registered cities For Eg: Mumbai has MH01/02/03 whereas Thane has MH04 and so on. Just an suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks