Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 12:18   #76
BHPian

I went through the pages on this thread but didn't notice this bug posted before.

The results/page function doesn't seem to work if I search by body style. At times, it shows 10/page and multiple result pages, other times it shows all results on the first page e.g. 52 or 73 all on page 1. if I select some other paging option from the dropdown then it just doesn't display anything at all.

Another small gripe is the same as the one posted by Ghodlur earlier i.e. If I search by my zip code - 400601 (Thane) I get results from Pune as well. I actually find the search by city/ x kms radius of city available on carwale as the ideal way to search.
Old 9th November 2010, 16:39   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Can you hyperlink the forum id to the profile page?
Thats an interesting idea prateekm....

Though, as Xehaust mentioned, only TBHP members are allowed to view forum member profile pages, so for a lot of viewers this link could be a dead end (no permission to view this page).

Nonetheless, have made a note of it. Perhaps we could include a very small link or find another workaround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
...found all those "Missing" emails. Am training the filter to mark those as not spam.
P.S. - Yahoo is not my primary email
Great.
And glad to hear its not the primary email (i have the same setup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
The results/page function doesn't seem to work if I search by body style. At times, it shows 10/page and multiple result pages, other times it shows all results on the first page e.g. 52 or 73 all on page 1. if I select some other paging option from the dropdown then it just doesn't display anything at all.
Gomzi,

I've tried to re-create this on 3 browsers and in a bunch of categories but i could not get it to happen. It worked fine.

I realised later that this might be caused because you are jumping between tabs / running multiple searches and then using the "20 ads/page" dropdown on an older search?
See the problem described by Xehaust in post #64.

I replied to that saying :
This is actually a shortcoming of the software being used. We're looking into workarounds at the next major overhaul.

In your case, if you stick to using tabs only to open individual ads (and not multiple searches) this might be a good workaround for your problem for now.

Quote:
Another small gripe is the same as the one posted by Ghodlur earlier i.e. If I search by my zip code - 400601 (Thane) I get results from Pune as well. I actually find the search by city/ x kms radius of city available on carwale as the ideal way to search.
See my reply to ghodlur here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2129233-post72.html

It has a simple solution for this issue.

Thanks,
R
Old 10th November 2010, 00:55   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
See my reply to ghodlur here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2129233-post72.html

It has a simple solution for this issue.
Thanks, I missed this one when I was skimming through the thread

Quote:
Gomzi,

I've tried to re-create this on 3 browsers and in a bunch of categories but i could not get it to happen. It worked fine.

I realised later that this might be caused because you are jumping between tabs / running multiple searches and then using the "20 ads/page" dropdown on an older search?
umm, not quite.

Ok, so I tried it again after seeing your post. I run Firefox v3.6.12.
I browsed to the classifieds homepage
- this time did a search on zipcode as 400601 no other changes to the search criteria
- I got 63 results, all on the same page, even though the default paging was showing "10 results/page".
- I changed the paging to "20 results/page" and
- viola! 0 results found

I tried the same steps using IE 8 and yes, it works fine there i.e. 63 results are displayed 10/page. If I change the paging to 20 etc the display works as it should.
I then tried the same thing using the IE Tab addon in Firefox (which I guess redirects page parsing and rendering to the IE engine) and guess what, it works fine that way too.
So i'm guesing its some sort of incompatibility with this particular version of firefox.

All the times, I had only one browser tab on the classifieds site. No opening results in new tabs (ctrl+click) etc as is my normal browsing habit. So its not a gripe as I can browse via other means described above, but just something I noticed and thought you guys should know.

Hope this helps.
Old 10th November 2010, 08:45   #79
BHPian

A small suggestion. There are quite a few adverts for Scale Models in the Gadgets section. Now, being a portal for cars, perhaps these can be given a seperate section for themselves like Phones, Cameras, etc. under gadgets.

And also be displayed on the home page under the Accessories & more section.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:39   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...So i'm guesing its some sort of incompatibility with this particular version of firefox....
I am actually using the exact same version of FF (3.6.12) and have never encountered this problem! Perhaps an add-on is causing it?
I suggest you clear all cookies and cache and try again if you wish to pursue this - that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
There are quite a few adverts for Scale Models in the Gadgets section. Now, being a portal for cars, perhaps these can be given a seperate section...
Done!

We had enough scale models on sale to warrant this. Here's the section :
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/sear...qs_button=Find

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2010 at 19:41.
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys something is wrong with the classifides its showing up really wierd.

Pramod
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:57   #82
Team-BHP Support

@pramodkumar,

It seems to be working fine for me - and there have been no other reports of problems.

What browser are you using? Have you tried an alternate browser?

Thanks,
R
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@pramodkumar,

It seems to be working fine for me - and there have been no other reports of problems.

What browser are you using? Have you tried an alternate browser?

Thanks,
R
I am using IE 6 it was fine yesterday evening but since yesterday midnight things are wierd, i will see if can post a screenshot

Announcing the Team-BHP Classifieds!!-untitled.jpg

Pramod
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

^^ This can happen at any time with any website.

Usually when a web page is not fully loaded due to slow connection/timeouts and we press the stop button, the partially loaded webpage is displayed by the browser.
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
^^ This can happen at any time with any website.

Usually when a web page is not fully loaded due to slow connection/timeouts and we press the stop button, the partially loaded webpage is displayed by the browser.

Nice try , i feel some pluggins are not running, let me try from a US server

Update: you are right problem with my browser. Sorry guys

Pramod
Old 6th December 2010, 21:48   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Update: you are right problem with my browser. Sorry guys
I'd strongly suggest you upgrade from IE6 to IE7 or IE8, or better yet, Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

These days a lot of major sites (gmail, youtube etc) no longer support IE6!

Cheers,
R
Old 14th December 2010, 02:21   #87
BHPian

re: Announcing the Team-BHP Classifieds!!

How do I know, whether a product is Sold or not?
Old 15th December 2010, 19:17   #88
Team-BHP Support

Hi Mashmash,

The way things are at the moment - Once a product is sold, the ad is removed from the Classifieds.

If you see a sold product that is still listed once its been sold, please use the REPORT AD button on the bottom right of the ad to alert us of the same.

cya
R
Old 20th December 2010, 15:13   #89
BHPian

Ah alright. I had contacted a seller for a particular product and never got a response, thought maybe its sold. Hence the question.

MaSh

Quote:
Hi Mashmash,

The way things are at the moment - Once a product is sold, the ad is removed from the Classifieds.

If you see a sold product that is still listed once its been sold, please use the REPORT AD button on the bottom right of the ad to alert us of the same.

cya
R
Old 4th August 2011, 16:17   #90
Team-BHP Support

A lot of you requested an easier way to browse recently added listings.

Well, here it is!

Clicking the link highlighted below will show you ALL listings, across all categories (cars, bikes, gadgets, parts etc) - in the standard newest-first list format - making it easier to browse and navigate the most recently added ads.

Name:  Screenshot  20110728170317.png
Views: 516
Size:  269.2 KB

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks