Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 15:57   #46
BHPian

More Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
We are working on a way to identify ads listed by BHPians.
If all goes as planned :
- There will be a BHPian! badge shown on their ads >
- There will be a way to search for only ads listed by BHPians (via advanced search)
I was hoping that it could be something like i have mentioned in my earlier post that we can keep this feature permanently turned on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
It could be part of our profile options so that when we keep it ticked, we can always only see ads that are from BHPians unless we untick the option from our profile options. This will help in not having to click on a filter everytime we log in to the classifieds.
It would save a tonne of time as if this feature is always on (like most of us prefer & will probably always have it on), we will not have to keep going to advanced search again & again & also not have to go to any ad & then find out whether it is by a BHPian or not. Because if the feature can be made permanent, we will not see any ads posted by non-bhpians in the first place.

Quote:
Also, as mentioned in GTO's opening post - these members will be able to list their own vehicles for free, even after the Classifieds becomes a paid service.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming
One question here. Will it be free only to list our own vehicles?
Or as earlier, we can post gadgets, ice, etc. as well without having to pay a fee?

Last edited by Xehaust : 15th October 2010 at 16:00.
Old 15th October 2010, 17:00   #47
BHPian

Posting Comments

@ Mods - until a year back or a little before that, we had an option to comment on an item that is listed for sale. It was removed back then, any reason for it? Because I feel it can help the fellow members in case any off the sellers are not genuine or pricing or the transaction was not smooth etc.
May be useful, just my 2 cents there.

Over all the UI is a double , could do a triple but limitations forbid me from doing so.
Old 15th October 2010, 17:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you select "Other" when listing an ad, the make/model you specify in the description will automatically be created as a category when your ad gets approved. (You probably noticed this now that your Xylo ad is listed).

I'm not sure i understand this.
Could you please reply to any of the emails you received from Team-BHP Classifieds and mention exactly what the issue was?

Cheers,
R
Hey Rehaan, now Xylo is listed after I posted. That's cool.

I was searching for edit before you guys validated the advert. Now I can edit too.

Thanks a ton.
Old 16th October 2010, 01:03   #49
BHPian

Hi Moderators, BHPians,

This is an excellent achievement and a great astounding feature provided by Team-BHP. The ads can be placed now which will ease the on lookers for their needs without any intervention.
Long live Team-BHP. Hats off to the Team-BHP folks!

By the way, apart from any technical automobile queries/discussions if any queries regarding system related information with respect to hardware, system software, database etc., I am available. If you require any bug reporting mechanism or any improvement innovations for Team-BHP website, ping me.

Great thanks!
Old 16th October 2010, 16:00   #50
BHPian

more usability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Good work guys, but the new Classifieds is comparatively slower to open pages (believe its the flash!). Couple of things that bothered me.
a) When I zoom a specific picture, the zoom always starts from the first pic.
b) The close button isnt visible in my browser (IE 8) and I had a hard time closing the zoomed picture. Can You make the zoom go away, when clicking anywhere except the pic.

Edit:
Is the 'reason for sale' column, removed?
To add to this, i would also request for a feature- Once i zoom a picture, and if i need to see the next pictures, can you make it easy by using the curser key in the keyboard rather than to click on the next page link on the top of the zoomed picture?
Autotrader UK - is a best example in terms of usability
Old 18th October 2010, 13:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I registered yesterday, and today received an email: I can't even see a "subscriptions" page, although maybe I didn't look hard enough.
Mods,

I haven't still recd the activation link mail which will register me on the classified site. Even I too got the above mail but still unable to login. I have already entered the e-mail id and the password.

I tried to register again with same e-mail id and the ssytem does not allow me to register saying the e-mail is is already used.

Would request you to send me the activation link mail.
Old 19th October 2010, 08:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent work guys! It definitely looks better and the additional features are a plus.

But I noticed that there is no field for the year / month of registration of a vehicle? Could we get this added as this is also one of the data every potential customer looks at.

I would request to make this field mandatory as well so that no sellers forget to enter this field.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:39   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
we will not have to keep going to advanced search again & again & also not have to go to any ad & then find out whether it is by a BHPian or not.
1) I see your point about a permanent search filtering option. Will consider adding it as a "My Profile" checkbox.
2) You only need to expand advanced search once, and then it stays expanded.
3) BHPian badges will be visible on the search results page, no need to go into an ad to see them.

Quote:
Or as earlier, we can post gadgets, ice, etc. as well without having to pay a fee?
This will be clarified before it comes into effect, as the structure for non-vehicle types is still being discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
@ Mods - until a year back or a little before that, we had an option to comment on an item that is listed for sale. It was removed back then, any reason for it?
Addy, a lot of sellers and buyers alike complained about this system as it invited a lot of uncalled for comments. We'd like to move towards a similar system, where feedback or Q&A can be shown below the ad, with the consent of both parties.

LOL at the triple thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Now I can edit too.
beejay, you should have also been able to re-edit from your "my listings" page whilst you ad was pending/awaiting approval,. Why weren't you able to do so / what was the error given?

@yogeshnaik - Thanks for offering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
..if i need to see the next pictures, can you make it easy by using the curser key in the keyboard rather than to click on the next page link
zipdrive - you can just click on the large picture being displayed to take you to the next one!
Will check if keyboard controls are also possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I haven't still recd the activation link mail....
Has been re-sent yesterday. Please check your junk / spam folder - as it might have ended up in there. (For some reason this happens often with yahoo, and a few unique / self-owned mail domains).

Thanks,
R
Old 19th October 2010, 17:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Addy, a lot of sellers and buyers alike complained about this system as it invited a lot of uncalled for comments. We'd like to move towards a similar system, where feedback or Q&A can be shown below the ad, with the consent of both parties.
This does not make any sense. If I am scammed while buying something, do I need consent of the seller before I can post negative feedback against him?
Old 19th October 2010, 18:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I see your point about a permanent search filtering option. Will consider adding it as a "My Profile" checkbox.
Thank you. It will be a boon to us.

Quote:
This will be clarified before it comes into effect, as the structure for non-vehicle types is still being discussed.
Alright. Awaiting the outcome. I do hope its as earlier & BHPians can list without a fee.
Old 20th October 2010, 00:11   #56
BHPian

Why must I be a seller or a dealer to register..

Maybe someone asked this earlier, but why is registration only meant for sellers or dealers?

Why cant I register as a BHPian. (I know there is a field for one's BHP Forum ID and that the two registrations are independent).

Unless it means that registration is only required of sellers? For others there is no real benefit of being registered or is there?
Old 20th October 2010, 01:58   #57
RVD
BHPian

@ Mods: If a search is done based on the body type, should the most recent ad not show up first ? If a person wants to see the latest ads, s/he have to browse all the way down or to the next page, which I think is not that great. It might work with the forum i.e showing from the first post( 1st page) but not for ads.

The bike section shows ads starting from the latest to the oldest. Any reason for the disparity ?

Thanks

Rahul
Old 20th October 2010, 08:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has been re-sent yesterday. Please check your junk / spam folder - as it might have ended up in there. (For some reason this happens often with yahoo, and a few unique / self-owned mail domains).
Sorry Rehan,

Haven't still recd it. I have given my office e-mail id during registration and normally receive T-BHP e-mails regularly on this e-mail id except for this activation mail.

I have checked the spam folders too and haven't found anything there. Can you confirm if you need a different e-mail id.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:08   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Unless it means that registration is only required of sellers? For others there is no real benefit of being registered or is there?
LithiumSunset,

There is no real need to sign up if you are a buyer. The only advantages are that you can save ads and searches to your account. (You can save them as a guest too, but they only get saved for the specific browser you are using).

If you still wish to register, choose "Private Seller" if you aren't going to be selling any products related to your business on the classifieds, else choose Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
...should the most recent ad not show up first
Thanks RVD. We noticed this bug as well, and it will be corrected soon.
It sorts correctly (ie newest first) when you use the search button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Haven't still recd it.
Seems like your office domain is filtering the mail. I have PMd you.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th October 2010 at 13:10.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:17   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
If I am scammed while buying something, do I need consent of the seller before I can post negative feedback against him?
Well, obviously not. (The Q&A system mentioned is more for answering repeat/common questions about the ad.)

For seller feedback, the hard part is finding a system that works and is fair to both buyers and sellers + provides an accurate indication of that seller's trustworthiness.

Keep in mind that this is a classifieds listing-only service. If you have any links to listing-only sites that have seller feedback/rating systems, please do PM them to me - would love to see em.

Secondly, if we are allowing automated / user-submitted feedback, on what do we base the feedback (since no onsite transaction takes place)? How to we judge authenticity of comments (this is a major concern)? How can we even be sure that commenter X actually tried to buy the item from seller Y?

There was a very interesting article in Forbes India (June 19th 2009 Edition - pg 72) about Ebay, and the kind of issues they faced that were unique to their Indian site. I suggest a read, it will give you a good overview of some of the issues faced by buyers and sellers too. Here's an excerpt from a sellers pov :

Announcing the Team-BHP Classifieds!!-img_1198.jpg

PM me if you want the full article and i'll send it across.

Let me just state the obvious and say that :

Keeping the Classifieds safe from scammers and disreputable sellers is a major priority for us. As the Classifieds grows, we will continue to implement systems to safeguard our users/members, as well as enforce the same level of quality that we have maintained on the forum - which has taken us this far.

As it currently stands :

- Complaints against sellers will be handled on a case to case basis. Please use the "Report Ad" button found on the bottom right of each ad.

- We can educate buyers on avoiding scams (you will see a box on "avoiding scams" on every non-vehicle ad from tomorrow onwards, as well as a link to a full-length article that will be put up soon after that).
"Prevention is better than cure" so to speak, and a simple education on this will help them on other sites as well.

Two simple tips:
1) Meet the seller and take delivery of the product in person.
2) When shipping, use a Cash on Delivery (COD) service.
.....can help prevent a huge majority of possible scams.

Cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th October 2010 at 13:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks