Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 18:11   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

I have a citibank credit card for the past 15 years and haven't missed out on the payment even once till date. My monthly spending on the card is ~ INR 40-50K ( Personal + official travel ). Yet when requested for the increase in the limit and upgrade to Titanium card where one gets more points, I was flatly refused.

Now thinking of changing the card to some other bank and stopping this citibank card.
Generally if your credit history is good then the banks will come back ask you for an enhancement, in the last 7 years my limit have been raised thrice.
If the bank is refusing upgrade then as a customer you do your part.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:35   #332
BANNED

3 weeks ago me & other person has applied for a Citibank card Via Online application, Both application didnt't approve so just after a month or so My relative yesterday got a call via mumbai (+9122425226000) they said they are from Citibank (Mumbai) You can reapply for card as previously we have some problem so he took all details off my relative & said after some time you'll receive the reference no but there's no email/sms/call upto now for reference no, So my relative called @ that number to see what's the matter but nobody is picking up the call, So my relative is worried is that a scam or what ?
Old 17th December 2009, 17:56   #333
Senior - BHPian

Call CITIBANK customer care and lodge a complaint.

I think it would belong to some DSA and their operations would only involve outcalls. But still better be safe.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:28   #334
Senior - BHPian

@Unknown - I got this advert from Ebay today, asking me to apply for a Citibank Titanium cash back credit card.

See if it works for you
Credit Card | Apply now for a Citibank credit card online - A Card for every need | Citibank India
Old 28th December 2009, 14:52   #335
BANNED

nishantgandhi
Thanks a lot !
Old 30th January 2010, 21:34   #336
Senior - BHPian

I have query regarding canceled/reversed transactions.

I used my HDFC Forexplus prepaid card to carry out an online transaction for 500 USD. I checked after hitting "authorise" and the card had been charged for the said amount.
However, a few hours later, I got an email that the transaction was rejected (no issues with that) , but I see that the amount has not been immediately reversed back into my account.
The online service provider's helpline says that if it has not happened immediately, it may take upto 3 working days for that to happen. Is it true ?

Anybody else has any experience with the online usage of above mentioned HDFC prepaid card?
Old 31st January 2010, 20:10   #337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't worry about it, Sajo. Have seen my CC banks taking as long as 7 days to credit the account back for a reversed transaction.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:04   #338
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO.. I am trying to get in touch with the bank's helpdesk number, but get bored of getting put on hold and a maze of IVR options, so no luck on that front.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:51   #339
Senior - BHPian

HSBC is charging Rs.100/- for every cash payment we make through cash counter or through cash deposit envelop.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:35   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

I have a citibank credit card for the past 15 years and haven't missed out on the payment even once till date. My monthly spending on the card is ~ INR 40-50K ( Personal + official travel ). Yet when requested for the increase in the limit and upgrade to Titanium card where one gets more points, I was flatly refused.

Now thinking of changing the card to some other bank and stopping this citibank card.
That is very very strange, we usually spend around 10k on our citibank card and our card was upgraded with 1 email and nothing else. Same is the case with HDFC Credit Cards, unless you have a spot on your credit history somewhere, there isnt any rationale to deny your card. My dad is a central govt. employee, maybe that helps.

Write them a polite yet stern email telling them about your credit history etc. and also that you will shift all your business due to their 1 decision. HDFC is very good in this regard, I have had free addons and 2 late charge reversals from them just by reminding them I am a preferred customer.

Mail your application to indiaservice at citi.com. Do write your CC no. in the email.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:57   #341
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you look at some other company. Many companies are offering free for life cards which offer 10% cashback on movies and dining and no fuel surcharge. As for citibank, going by my experience, I am wary of banking with them. Even though I had a salary account, I was at the receiving end of really bad service, and almost lost 1 lakh rs due to their bungling, which they of course refused to own up.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:35   #342
Senior - BHPian

IMO, all banks are good till an issue crops up, in their banking or credit services, both.
Old 2nd February 2010, 21:37   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
HSBC is charging Rs.100/- for every cash payment we make through cash counter or through cash deposit envelop.
Yes, I deposit cash through their ATMs to avoid it.

However, if you call customer care, hey would usually waive off this 100 Rs charge.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:11   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, Sajo. Have seen my CC banks taking as long as 7 days to credit the account back for a reversed transaction.

I am in touch with HDFC, and they say I need to fax them the "cancellation slip" for this transaction taken from the merchant to them.
Any idea what that is ? Has anybody else every done that ? I am a noob to this (my first cancellation/reversal ever..) , hence the doubts.. :-).
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:09   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Any idea what that is ? Has anybody else every done that ? I am a noob to this (my first cancellation/reversal ever..) , hence the doubts.. :-).
You can forward the email that you got about the transaction to them for this. Does this have a transaction number or some reference number.
You can also ask the merchant involved - they can reverse the transaction I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks