Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 13:51   #5671
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Guys, i have around 10k points on citi rewards card.

Which is the best way to go redeeming them before they move to axis.
You can check the options to redeem reward points on this link:

https://www.online.citibank.co.in/cr...rewards/redeem

I generally use the cashback option, see if your card has this option. Reward points are adjusted against the outstanding amount, with one-third value if I remember correctly. (You still need to pay the minimum amount due in the next billing cycle).

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 14:28   #5672
Distinguished - BHPian

By international transactions, I mean both travel and e-commerce stuff. I once took an FX card, it expired and I don’t know how to get the balance back. I tried checking with support and they asked me to do lot of paperwork and courier to their HQ. I find the convenience and universal acceptance of credit card to be perfect for my needs. I understand the advantage of a prepaid card for an employee but don’t see much benefit for personal use. I could be wrong but find CC is the simplest tool.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:23   #5673
BHPian

Did Amex stop mentioning reward points earned in their statement? I find that column to be missing
Old 25th August 2022, 10:28   #5674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Did Amex stop mentioning reward points earned in their statement? I find that column to be missing
Seems so. I just checked the last statement, and the is no mention of rewards points. Checked past statements. Rewards points table was there till March Statement, and missing there after.

The online dashboard has it though.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:15   #5675
BHPian

I applied for the IDFC First Select credit card online today. The entire process took less than 10 mins. The card was approved online and will be dispatched within 5 working days. This was easily the best card application experience.

By the way, this is a LTF card. I hope to use it primarily to access lounges at airports and railway stations while traveling. Hoping to get sweet discounts and deals as well. Looking forward to my new CC.

In case there are any BHPians who have used or are using a IDFC CC, then I would request them to share their experience. Thanks!
kushagra452 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:23   #5676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I have had a Citibank issued Mastercard CC for maybe 15+ years. My domestic usage has come down drastically in recent times due to UPI payments but this is my only means of payment for international transactions and it has served me really well. Always worked without any glitch. Looks like Citibank is selling its retail business to Axis bank and I got a mail asking for consent to transfer my account to Axis bank. I don't think very highly of Axis bank and don't plan to rely on them for a critical tool like CC for international transactions (especially during travel, etc).
Even i am in the same boat. HDFC appears to be the only option for me. But they aren't issuing new cards i guess.

ICICI seems to be moving up the ladder too and you can check on the same too. Other than these two, i don't recommend anything from domestic banks. You can consider AMEX, if it fits your requirements.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:26   #5677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Even i am in the same boat. HDFC appears to be the only option for me. But they aren't issuing new cards i guess.
HDFC is now issuing credit cards. The RBI ban was lifted somewhere around March this year.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:11   #5678
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Seems so. I just checked the last statement, and the is no mention of rewards points. Checked past statements. Rewards points table was there till March Statement, and missing there after.

Stopped looking at the statement for points and use the app to check. By the way RBI has lifted the block on Amex for issuing new cards.
Old 25th August 2022, 12:15   #5679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Stopped looking at the statement for points and use the app to check. By the way RBI has lifted the block on Amex for issuing new cards.
I use desktop, so it is similar to an app on mobile.
Old 25th August 2022, 12:57   #5680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post

Just called up their CC. The person was equally clueless as to why they have removed it
He told me that he will share my concerns with the team.
But he did point out that it is available in the app. I checked and it is there.
Old 26th August 2022, 18:06   #5681

Anyone knows if the complimentary domestic airport lounge access has been stopped for HDFC regalia or other cards? Last week, I was told by the lounge staff that the card is not accepted anymore. Mine is a Mastercard so not sure if this is specific to it.
Old 26th August 2022, 18:33   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks4568 View Post
Anyone knows if the complimentary domestic airport lounge access has been stopped for HDFC regalia or other
I was able to access airport lounge through my HDFC Regalia (visa) card couple of times earlier this month. But I did observed that lounges have stopped accepting quite a few cards specially debit cards for complimentary access.
Old 27th August 2022, 11:04   #5683
ZMG
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Wanted to check what is the best way to redeem close 18K points from HDFC Diners club card?
I know there are multiple ways to redeem - kindly help me with which is the best way to go about it for maximum value.
Should I look at Amazon vouchers, cashback or something else?
Also, I am planning to book flight tickets for 2 people (two way journeys) worth close to 35K.
Will it be possible to get some benefit with these points?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th August 2022, 00:07   #5684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Also, I am planning to book flight tickets for 2 people (two way journeys) worth close to 35K.

Thanks in advance
You will be able to pay 70 percent of your flight cost via points (1 point = 1 Rs). So in your case, 18k points can be used up for flight booking worth Rs.35k.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 06:45   #5685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post

Thanks in advance
As sahil624 has mentioned, you will be able to redeem 18k points for your booking of ₹35k.
However, you need to do the booking via SmartBuy page.
The balance amount (₹17k) will attract 5X reward points bonus if you have Diners Club Black card.

The only challenge for making this booking is, SmartBuy doesn't give option for booking refundable fares or even check what is that ticket's cancellation charge.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks