Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 10:17   #5686
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi guys,
Just wanted to check if there is a charge on a credit card before the day statement is generated, which billing cycle the amount falls into?
Old 28th August 2022, 11:18   #5687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Just wanted to check if there is a charge on a credit card before the day statement is generated, which billing cycle the amount falls into?
Between the card swipe at the merchant outlet and the post to the card account there are several processes; each of which could take its own time. All you can say is that everything that is posted to the card account till the statement date will be included in the statement.

If you want to maximise your free credit period then the best strategy is to transact on the day AFTER the statement date.
Old 30th August 2022, 09:53   #5688
BHPian

I Hi guys, happy to share that I finally managed to upgrade my Regalia to Infinia metal through my RM. I had a limit of over 9L.

My attempts at getting the upgrade by mailing them failed. Earlier you could get Infinia plastic version with just 8L limit. Now HDFC just offers Infinia in metal variant and the official limit required is 10L. So they rejected and requested me to wait for the limit enhancement.

Thankfully I got a new RM recently and he was able to pull some strings and get it done. Looks like atleast some HDFC RMs are good at their job!

The card has been hit with few devaluatons in the last few months but still provides a lot of value thanks to the accelerated rewards and unlimited lounge access for both primary and add ons. So super excited to receive it! Only trouble is, with Infinia in my kitty, I am not sure what to do with most of my other 9 cards!
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:58   #5689
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
I Hi guys, happy to share that I finally managed to upgrade my Regalia to Infinia metal through my RM. I had a limit of over 9L. Thankfully I got a new RM recently and he was able to pull some strings and get it done. Looks like atleast some HDFC RMs are good at their job!
Does the Infinia Metal still come as a life time free card like the Regalia?
Old 30th August 2022, 16:22   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Does the Infinia Metal still come as a life time free card like the Regalia?
No, it's mostly offered as First Year Free these days. My annual spends are above 10L so it doesn't matter for me. Also, even if you don't meet the spend criteria they will give you equal amount of points as renewal bonus. So effectively you will end up paying only for the GST.
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 23:37   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi Guys,
Wanted to check what is the best way to redeem close 18K points from HDFC Diners club card?
I know there are multiple ways to redeem - kindly help me with which is the best way to go about it for maximum value.
Should I look at Amazon vouchers, cashback or something else?
Also, I am planning to book flight tickets for 2 people (two way journeys) worth close to 35K.
Will it be possible to get some benefit with these points?

Thanks in advance
Hey, I believe the best value is by miles redemption for diners since you get 1:1 redemption. 18k points should give you 18k miles on Vistara for domestic use. The next best case are the 5k and 10k vouchers you can get for various portals such as mmt, etc.
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 08:53   #5692
BHPian

There is some bad news for the Infinia holders.

A new king has come in the industry - Axis Magnus

The only problem is this king has a lot of demands from its cardholders. 1 Lac Monthly spends to earn a reward rate more than Infinia (Except Hotels 10X) and the fact that the Reward Rate is good only if used via Airmiles redemption route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
Hey, I believe the best value is by miles redemption for diners since you get 1:1 redemption. 18k points should give you 18k miles on Vistara for domestic use. The next best case are the 5k and 10k vouchers you can get for various portals such as mmt, etc.
Using Smartbuy to book domestic flights @ 1 Re per point is better than converting to CV Points. Dont go by past value per CV point. All the Covid restrictions on pricing have been removed with effect from today. So now, its all out price wars.
tejas08 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:49   #5693
BHPian

Interesting move by SBI.

Quote:
The company claims that CASHBACK SBI Card is the industry’s first cashback-focused credit card that enables cardholders to earn 5% cashback on all online spends without any merchant restrictions.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:13   #5694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Interesting move by SBI.
Looks like 5% cashback is limited Rs. 10000 per month. This seems to be a entry-level card without any annual fees, premium benefits etc.

Quote:
Q. Is there a limit to the Cashback that I can earn?

Ans: There is no limit to the amount of Card Cashback that you can earn. However, the accelerated Card Cashback i.e. 5% cashback is limited to Rs. 10,000 per billing statement month. Post that, you will continue to get base Card Cashback of 1% on eligible online and offline spends.

For instance: If your statement generation date is 11th July, the transactions made from 12th June to 11th July will be considered under this statement cycle and all eligible online transactions during this period will accrue 5% Cashback up to maximum of Rs. 10,000. Within the same statement period, all transactions made after reaching the cashback limit of Rs. 10,000 will accrue 1% cashback till 11th July.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 17:29   #5695
BHPian

A few days ago I received my IDFC First Select card. It is a Visa Signature card. Upon checking online I realized that this card is not valid for International departures lounge access. However, when I checked the Visa website for lounge access privileges for Visa card holders, they have mentioned that Signature card holders do have lounge access (Terminal 3 New Delhi international departures).

This is confusing. Can anyone please confirm whether my IDFC Select Visa Signature card will give me free access to the international departure lounges in New Delhi? Thanks!

PS: I took this LTF card from IDFC First just to get free lounge access.
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:32   #5696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
This is confusing. Can anyone please confirm whether my IDFC Select Visa Signature card will give me free access to the international departure lounges in New Delhi? Thanks!
IDFC Select card does not have International departure lounges, only domestic. I have the same card too. See if you can get HDFC regalia, they have this benefit via priority pass.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 07:07   #5697
BHPian

Guys I have a CitiBank Indian Oil petrol card but haven't used it for almost 2 years since I was doing WFH and car usage was minimal and would mostly use PayTm for the payments for once in a while filling up the tank.

Now with offices opening up and regular long distance travel planning to start using the Credit card due to better cashback. However when I last tried to use the card in an Indian Oil petrol pump they did not have the Citibank scanner machine.

Can anyone share what is the usage charges on scanning the card in a non Citibank machine ad also about the cashback points and how to redeem the same ?
Old 4th September 2022, 09:58   #5698
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone transitioned their Citibank cards to Axis? Is have Premier miles and Rewards cards and looking to replace them with a single card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Can anyone share what is the usage charges on scanning the card in a non Citibank machine ad also about the cashback points and how to redeem the same ?
Doesn’t matter if they have citibank EDC or not. As long as the IOC outlet is listed in Citibank website, you will get reversal of fuel surcharge.

Redeeming points can be done from Citibank app/net banking portal.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 4th September 2022 at 10:03.
Old 4th September 2022, 10:54   #5699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Looks like 5% cashback is limited Rs. 10000 per month. This seems to be a entry-level card without any annual fees, premium benefits etc.
This is currently being offered as First Year Free card till March 2023. However, renewal charges of Rs.999 plus GST will be applicable.
Old 4th September 2022, 20:18   #5700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Has anyone transitioned their Citibank cards to Axis? Is have Premier miles and Rewards cards and looking to replace them with a single card.
I have (had) the same two cards. I encashed all the reward points and closed the Rewards card; and made the PremierMiles card to carry the combined credit limit. My plan is to cancel it out altogether and stick to having just one card and move pretty much everything possible to UPI.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks