Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 12:19   #7546
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Using Rupay credit card for the past 8 months through UPI. In Bangalore it is accepted at 90-95% vendors (road side vegetable vendors). Main advantage is clutter-free bank passbook.
Somehow my experience of Rupay credit card on UPI is different. I use ICICI Coral Rupay credit card on Phonepe. I personally feel its a good UPI card.

It seems like vendor can disable CC acceptance for their UPI QR. In my experience, most of the vendors do not accept the CC for UPI. Ironically Phonepe only throws error message that vendor is not accepting CC with UPI, once I go through whole process. When UPI payment through credit card fails, we need to scan the QR code again for changing to bank account.

Last edited by VaibhaoT : 17th April 2024 at 12:31.
VaibhaoT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 13:37   #7547
BHPian

I am in a strange situation where 18000/ of total billed amount (~22000) was due to failed transaction which got refunded in a day but bill was generated. Has anyone faced suche situation? How much do I have to pay, the adjusted amount or full bill despite getting refund?
I always make full payment, this is a strange situation I'm facing first time. Did a bit of googling it says I have to pay balance amount. Does anyone have any such experience?
Old 17th April 2024, 15:07   #7548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
How much do I have to pay, the adjusted amount or full bill despite getting refund?
I had ordered a phone online through Amazon and paid via the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit card. How ever the old phone's valuation was too less and I rejected the order. I had to pay the total amount due (which included the cancelled phone's amount) and in the next month's bill, the amount was refunded. It is always advisable to pay the full bill because the Credit Card company can charge interest on the difference amount.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 15:45   #7549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... How much do I have to pay, the adjusted amount or full bill despite getting refund?
Check your card issuer's specific T&C. Most stipulate that refunds/chargebacks after statement generation DO NOT count towards payment, and one has to settle the statement amount.

The excess will show up as credit on your card's balance and get accounted in the next billing cycle.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 18:36   #7550
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a strange situation where 18000/ of total billed amount (~22000) was due to failed transaction which got refunded in a day but bill was generated. Has anyone faced suche situation? How much do I have to pay, the adjusted amount or full bill despite getting refund?
I always make full payment, this is a strange situation I'm facing first time. Did a bit of googling it says I have to pay balance amount. Does anyone have any such experience?
Generally, if bill is generated before refund, you have to pay the bill amount and the refund is adjusted in next cycle. These things vary from bank to bank too.

Best is to call customer care and confirm the amount due.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 18:38   #7551
BHPian

Quote:

..... Did a bit of googling it says I have to pay balance amount. Does anyone have any such experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Check your card issuer's specific T&C. Most stipulate that refunds/chargebacks after statement generation DO NOT count towards payment, and one has to settle the statement amount.

From the RBI Master Direction – Credit Card & Debit Card – Issuance & Conduct Directions, 2022:

Quote:
Any credit amount arising out of refund/failed/reversed transactions or similar transactions before the due date of payment for which payment has not been made by the cardholder, shall be immediately adjusted against the ‘payment due’ and notified to the cardholder.
meerkat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 12:42   #7552
BHPian

I have 2 Axis credit cards and the even though there is credit limit available in one, it shows the Available aggregate limit as negative value. Due to this i am not able to use both cards and just paying it off for 3-4 months now. I understand that the best way to get out of this situation is to pay it off in one go, but not in a position to do so. What is the best way to mitigate this situation?
Also, since i am just paying it without any usage I want to atleast earn some reward points. Is Cred the best option available in market right now or are there any other players? Thanks in advance
Old 19th April 2024, 12:47   #7553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
I have 2 Axis credit cards and the even though there is credit limit available in one, it shows the Available aggregate limit as negative value. Due to this i am not able to use both cards and just paying it off for 3-4 months now. I understand that the best way to get out of this situation is to pay it off in one go, but not in a position to do so. What is the best way to mitigate this situation?
You're probably paying 3-4% interest per month! My suggestion - Consider taking a personal loan - which usually comes at lower rates based on credit profile and pay off the credit card.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 13:09   #7554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
Also, since i am just paying it without any usage I want to atleast earn some reward points. Is Cred the best option available in market right now or are there any other players? Thanks in advance

I dont think CRED points are of any use, and on the flip side you are actually losing money on the interest. I would suggest to pay off the whole remaining amount, save interest money that would out go otherwise and perhaps stop using the credit cards for some time. Personal loan is a better option, but I would suggest to instead borrow money from friend or family, improve overall situation and look at credit line after that.

Last edited by BudgetFailure : 19th April 2024 at 13:12. Reason: Typo
BudgetFailure is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 23:12   #7555
BHPian

Quote:
Unless you can get it adjusted through a call to customer care before due date, pay full amount as billed. If you pay only Rs 4,000 (22k - 18k), but if your due amount in the bank's record (also visible in the credit card mobile app) as of due date is 22,000, then it will note that full payment has not been done. Then on top of transaction dispute, you will also have to bear the hassle of pursuing them to remove interest levied (or to be levied).

The extra payment you have made can always be adjusted in subsequent bill after you have sorted the transaction failure issue. Raise transaction dispute by mail first, and pursue by phone call to the bank. I had similar experience, about which I had posted few days back. I got the due amount adjusted before due date. However full resolution took three months.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 23:38   #7556
Senior - BHPian

I have a Citi business credit card which I rarely used but I used it in Feb'24 (10% discount on Amazon) and got statement in Mar'24 which I paid before due date.

Next month, I didn't do any transaction and today, I got my statement and it has Rs.750 credit as "Inactive Fulfillment".

Anybody else got such credit from Citibank?
Old 21st April 2024, 02:00   #7557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have a Citi business credit card which I rarely used but I used it in Feb'24 (10% discount on Amazon) and got statement in Mar'24 which I paid before due date.

Next month, I didn't do any transaction and today, I got my statement and it has Rs.750 credit as "Inactive Fulfillment".

Anybody else got such credit from Citibank?
Same with me, no idea what it is.
Old 21st April 2024, 09:39   #7558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
From the RBI Master Direction – Credit Card & Debit Card – Issuance & Conduct Directions, 2022:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Best is to call customer care and confirm the amount due.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Check your card issuer's specific T&C.
The excess will show up as credit on your card's balance and get accounted in the next billing cycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
It is always advisable to pay the full bill because the Credit Card company can charge interest on the difference amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
However full resolution took three months.

Thanks for your responses. I wrote to Axis Bank Credit Card customer service, Nodal Desk confirmed I can pay balance amount but to be on safer side I can Pay full and get 18000/ refunded. I have decided to do the same to avoid further hassles.
Old 21st April 2024, 09:58   #7559
Senior - BHPian

I got the HDFC Rupay credit card a couple of days back through applying on PayZapp app. This is a virtual credit card which was issued within minutes. First few UPI transactions didn't go through i.e not crediting to CC. Later after linking the bank account, things were smooth. Although the CC can be used to pay UPI for merchant transactions only and not for individual numbers, I tried paying the veggie vendor, flower vendor using Payzapp app and it did not show the CC as payment options. Every payment through CC has to be through the UPI PIN which is a bit of an irritant.

Anybody else got this virtual CC, can share their experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st April 2024 at 10:10. Reason: Typos
Old 21st April 2024, 13:36   #7560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...I tried paying the veggie vendor, flower vendor using Payzapp app and it did not show the CC as payment options....
The UPI payment via CC is allowed only if the merchant has signed up for that payment mode. Most small time shops just have their S/B accounts linked.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks