Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 23:20   #121
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Our bowlers couldn't pick up 10 Bangladeshi wickets, they are going to struggle right thru this tournament. It seems they can only pick up wickets in advertisements !

Btw how did Shane Warne predict 8 hrs earlier that the match would end in a tie?
Old 27th February 2011, 23:33   #122
Senior - BHPian

Wow...Our bowlers could not defend 338 runs!! How much can they defend? May be anything more then 350 huh?

Last edited by HammerHead : 27th February 2011 at 23:34.
Old 27th February 2011, 23:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why everyone is so excited about match being tied, we should be happy that no poor souls lost there money today in betting

On a serious note its not a big deal. If australia cant defend 434 when they had mcgrath in team in a one day match then our bowling which is ordinary in front of theirs did good for a tie.

The truth is we need 300 + always to defend with this kind of fielding and bowling. However that idiotic review rule which went englands way for Ian bell was the turning point of the match.

Anyways this match had no bearing on the quaterfinals as both teams will qualify so i had good fun
Old 27th February 2011, 23:53   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I may get a lot of brickbats for this comment but Strauss's century was the century of this match! Wonder how Tendulkar would have performed if he was in Strauss's shoes.

How could you have performed if you were in Gaddafi's shoes.

Quote:
Just writing this because I saw a lot of guys celebrating Tendulkar's century in facebook as if India won the match
You should ask them.
Old 28th February 2011, 00:10   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What a game!!

I may get a lot of brickbats for this comment but Strauss's century was the century of this match! Wonder how Tendulkar would have performed if he was in Strauss's shoes.

Just writing this because I saw a lot of guys celebrating Tendulkar's century in facebook as if India won the match, and they all disappeared in the second half!
Here comes the Tendulkar bashers again

Come on buddy pls give credit where it is due

Sachin played a fantastic knock and Strauss played a magnificent one too to keep England afloat and let us armchair critics appreciate that. Cricket was the winner here and this game has certainly provided that much needed spark/fillip to the WC which was sorely missing until this point!
Old 28th February 2011, 00:20   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I dont know why everyone is so excited about match being tied, we should be happy that no poor souls lost there money today in betting

On a serious note its not a big deal. If australia cant defend 434 when they had mcgrath in team in a one day match then our bowling which is ordinary in front of theirs did good for a tie.

The truth is we need 300 + always to defend with this kind of fielding and bowling. However that idiotic review rule which went englands way for Ian bell was the turning point of the match.

Anyways this match had no bearing on the quaterfinals as both teams will qualify so i had good fun
McGrath didn't play in that 434 match.

This Indian team is overdependent on batting. There will be a match when batting doesn't click. What happens then?
Old 28th February 2011, 00:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

Dhoni was not thinking today ...he was hoping that 340 would be good enough for England not to chase down and hence was happy with easy runs coming from his bowlers.

I again will say this - get Bhajji out and Ashwin in - let's think beyond Bhajji PLEASE !

Lastly if we cannot defend approx 350 runs - I think we better play with 11 batsmen.

England was the unluckiest loser in today's match...

Last edited by normally_crazy : 28th February 2011 at 00:23.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:49   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I again will say this - get Bhajji out and Ashwin in - let's think beyond Bhajji PLEASE !
Looking at Bhajji's economy in last 2 matches, IMO its Chawla they should replace with Ashwin! Bhajji was the only bowler who could keep the economy under 6 in such a high scoring match. The only worry with Bhajji is, he is not picking up wickets these days.

Last edited by HammerHead : 28th February 2011 at 11:50.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

Well please add a bunch of us on the team bhp cricket league

Its still pending.

Going on about bowling i still think some part timers like sehwag and sachin should be used to cover 10 odd overs. This way we could use the spells of zaheer for the crunch situations.
Old 1st March 2011, 01:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
McGrath didn't play in that 434 match.

This Indian team is overdependent on batting. There will be a match when batting doesn't click. What happens then?
thanks for the correction. Then dhoni will bowl himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Dhoni was not thinking today ...he was hoping that 340 would be good enough for England not to chase down and hence was happy with easy runs coming from his bowlers.

Lastly if we cannot defend approx 350 runs - I think we better play with 11 batsmen.

England was the unluckiest loser in today's match...
Quiet right. Dhoni wasnt proactive as a captain.
However i dont think england was the unluckiest loser as didnt they conceded 338 runs so tie was the perfect result as both teams tried hard in patches.

I feel we should play sreesanth.Yes he can be over aggressive and wayward but he does gives the breakthroughs as well were as chawla is too predictable. If you guys analyse the most number of sixes had been hit to spinners so i feel 3 pacers should be played and this is where australia has the edge.
Old 1st March 2011, 09:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looking at Bhajji's economy in last 2 matches, IMO its Chawla they should replace with Ashwin! Bhajji was the only bowler who could keep the economy under 6 in such a high scoring match. The only worry with Bhajji is, he is not picking up wickets these days.
As a strike bowler - I expect wickets not economy from Bhajji. Even in this match Swann was getting more turn than Bhajji.

I think we have over tolerated and allowed Bhajji to over stay in the team dispite mediocre performances for a long long time.

Lets stick with Chawla and Ashwin for half of the tenure we have stuck with Bhajji --- then we can judge.

Right now we need Sreesanth in place of Bhajji and Ashwin in place of Yuvi for the next 2 games.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:19   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well please add a bunch of us on the team bhp cricket league

Its still pending.

Going on about bowling i still think some part timers like sehwag and sachin should be used to cover 10 odd overs. This way we could use the spells of zaheer for the crunch situations.
Apologies for the delay. We are 65 members now and growing. And the leader today is Useless XI.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
And the leader today is Useless XI.
Wow , What Irony !! :P
Old 1st March 2011, 15:36   #134
Senior - BHPian

The running between wickets was so horrible, you could see Sachin and Gambhir walking so many times. Although in hindsight, we could have got more runs on board. It improved only when Dhoni came on.

Comparing to England, they ran easily even hitting straight to the fielders inside the circle.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

World Cup 2011: Virender Sehwag heads to Delhi to consult doctor | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

A definite cause of worry but we can afford to rest him in the next 2 games or can we ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks