Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 16:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

I'm going there tomorrow. Hope to get some good shots. Going on Business ticket so expecting minimum hassle. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Amitoj, dude, please update once you are back from the show. How was the experience and above all, the photographs.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I'm going there tomorrow. Hope to get some good shots. Going on Business ticket so expecting minimum hassle. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@Amitoj, dude, please update once you are back from the show. How was the experience and above all, the photographs.
Did you 'buy' the tickets or 'book' the tickets online? I booked business ticket and will collect it tomorrow at the venue.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

So late to see this thread ! I feel it was a better choice to find an empty road or area closer to the air force base as suggested by some members. I had booked my general visitor (ADVA) ticket online on 14th January itself without knowing much details about the categorization of areas. I am going tomorrow morning (11th Friday) and its my first time visit too. Got the unique ID number yesterday by email, will be carrying my DSLR & bag, in fact thats the sole purpose of visiting.

Hearing about the choked roads and impatient waiting at the ticket counters. So, dropped the idea of taking the car nor the two wheeler. Two options are either getting a lift with someone from the area or rely on the public buses. Anyone from Hebbal, New BEL road, or surrounding places ? I am near Bigbazar Hebbal.

Hope the first time visit does not turn out to be a put off with the heat, dust, crowd and bad but expensive food.

Last edited by shajufx : 10th February 2011 at 16:53.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to book business tickets for Saturday. Its sad that children below 18 are not allowed upto 12th, Saturday.
Need to book for Sunday, I guess.

Is Saturday part of weekend?

Last edited by srishiva : 10th February 2011 at 16:55.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

@Naveenvenkatesh, actually my friend got my ticket, most probably from SBI. So lucky in that sense.
@Shajufx, hope the crowd would be less. That's what my friend also told me that friday is a good time to visit as crowd would be much less. It's Saturdays and Sundays when you get to face all these troubles. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that not half the Bangalore also thinking the same way as we are I'm also not taking my car as I'm hitching a ride with my friend.
Old 10th February 2011, 17:01   #51
BHPian

I wanted to get the tickets from SBI as well but was too late. I will taking the airport volvo bus. I hope the bus will go via the bellary road and not take any other alternative routes.
Old 10th February 2011, 17:06   #52
BHPian

Me too going on Sat. Will start from E-city by 7am. Guys who are already in there how is the parking arrangment and how far its from the main entrance? and most important one how is the rush at ticket collection center for those who will carry printouts of Unique Registration?
Old 10th February 2011, 17:09   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I wanted to get the tickets from SBI as well but was too late. I will taking the airport volvo bus. I hope the bus will go via the bellary road and not take any other alternative routes.
Naveen before you plan for the airport volvo (vaayu vajra) make sure the bus is going through the normal route. There were conflicting reports of airport buses being routed through diffrent routes and also airport buses given some dedicated corridor on same route. Read it over past couple of weeks in the aero India article in TOI. So just be sure before hand, since if delayed you may miss the display.
Also, I guess there may be special BMTC buses from majestic/ shivajinagar like previous times. Advangate of that is in case you having ADVA tickets it will drop you off near the gate of that which is some one km diversion from the NH. Its another story that last time bus driver wasnt knowing the deviation and took us to the VIP entry and stopped the bus there since due to rush he was not able to turn back. Had to walk/ run to ADVA entrance only to miss the starting para jump and Saarang display.
Old 10th February 2011, 18:29   #54
BHPian

Will ask the driver of the vayu vajra and confirm today. Else, best is to get down near to hebbal and take one of the dedicated buses.
But what is frustrating is total lack of information. There is no mention on the official aeroindia website as to the transport arrangement.
Old 10th February 2011, 18:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
....what is frustrating is total lack of information. There is no mention on the official aeroindia website as to the transport arrangement.
Dont be surprised at such things, its the typical way Govt projects and programmes operate. You are supposed to run pillar to post to collect informations, and later come to know half the infos were wrong !

Anyway, take the Unique ID itself, its few letters and digits. Are we supposed to print the whole email or just note the ID alone ? Fresh ticket seekers and Unique ID holders stand in the same line ?

Ok that much is enough about the venue, now take the traffic arrangements done by the local administration. There is a lot of mention about the one way traffic on Bellari road in the news papers. Its like we can drive from hebbal to venue but can not enter back to the NH, instead take deviations. Its absolute lack of proper information on almost everything. I live in the city, still find so many doubts yet to be clarified. Think about visitors from other cities.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:27   #56
BHPian

I also booked the weekend ticket online. But did not get any email from them :(
Planning to be there at 9am Saturday.

Regards,
Old 10th February 2011, 19:40   #57
BHPian

@Shaju - i am heading there tomorrow, mostly by 8:00am or so i. I can meet you at the Big bazaar road if thats ok, ie the signal just after BB towards the Hebbal flyover. Give me a call and we can team up. Only issue i might need to leave by 2 or 3 as would need to log back into work :(
On the quick meet thread for bangalore the below update is posted

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2240243

Last edited by yajaman99 : 10th February 2011 at 19:48.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I also booked the weekend ticket online. But did not get any email from them
Dont worry, there are 6 families within my society who are waiting for the same email. Hope they all get it before Monday 14th Feb . As of now there is no refund policies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@Shaju - i am heading there tomorrow, mostly by 8:00am or so i. I can meet you at the Big bazaar road if thats ok, ie the signal just after BB towards the Hebbal flyover........
Perfect, I did not want to call you because you are in the business class, I have taken the 'cattle class' too Timing is perfect what I thought, my plan is to come home have lunch and a proper rest ! I am intolerant to excess heat !!!
Old 10th February 2011, 20:41   #59
BHPian

Visited today with the business vistor pass.
Compared to last time, I can say, this time the show and the arrangements were poor.

Planning to visit again on the weekend. Hope the show will be better in the weekend.

Few pics from my side. Have hundreds of them shot in burst mode. I will see if I can post more during the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1593.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1675.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1677.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1701.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1772.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1808.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1955.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1964.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1967.jpg  

Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore-dsc_1968.jpg  

Old 10th February 2011, 20:46   #60
BHPian

@SJ - i will be heading there tomorrow, any pointers you can share. I have picked up the business class ticket. Can we get access to a point we can view the landing and take off.
What gear have you used to capture these great shots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks