Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 14:25   #211
Senior - BHPian

A Man is known by the shoes that he wears

I was washing my shoes when it struck me that i should know/share what other BHPians wear to work/gym/trekking etc.

I searched through the threads but could not find a similar one so thought i'll start one.

I think we can mention the brands/pics/new buys that we own or will own in future.

My casuals include - 2 Reebok sports shoes , 1 Reebok canvas and 1 red tape ( ID ) canvas.

MODS - Please delete it if it's a repeat.
Old 11th January 2010, 21:06   #212
Senior - BHPian

I bought sketchers recently.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-51damh6z0sl._aa280_.jpg

EDIT: it's in black. but looks something like this.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Shopping Onile through bigshoebazaar.com

Its 46+ degree in Delhi. Wife insisted on buying some formal pair, which i hate to wear, they are expensive, impractical just like Lambos or Ferrari, in our words if you do an analogy. Too much to maintain for its upkeep. I like my adidas and pumas more.

I am not a formal kind, but i had to keep up my word with her, since it is an occasion in her family.
Going to CP (Connaught Place, for non Delhites) all the way, seems very tempting for her, it always is, for Delhi Girls even in this hottest of hot summer. It was a big hurdle for me like going on an OTR when you are severely suffering from diarrhea.

I decided a way out, google it, and found bigshoebazaar.com at night. Now the big confusion as shoe are the stuff that has to be seen, fitted on before you buy. I thought a bit and, what the heck, took a chance and ordered online, whatever save me from going out in hot weather.They emailed me the receipt and promised to send the stuff within 2 days. I had put a remark on the order, if it was not delivered within 48 hours, i will not except and the amount has to be refunded. The guy promised it will be.
Bham! DHL/ Bluedart guy was at the door much within those 48 hours, i must say packing was not that great, Since it was delhi to delhi delivery, it was fine. It may not work for out of city transport.
I bought a red tape, a levi canvas, a lotto slipper and a croc like slippers for my toddler. The stuff are good, each packet had a return policy form, I think it is for returning if it doesn't fit or something.

During the whole time the guy keep emailing me if i have received the goods and even forwarded his correspondence with bluedart people.

The package.
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-pack.jpg

The Stuff.
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-stuff.jpg

If you don't believe, look at this.
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-hot-delhi.jpg

Note:
This thread is about a personal experience, I am not soliciting or promoting that company in anyway. What worked for me may not work for others.
Not only does the site has a professional approach of doing things which I liked most, it was also prompt as promised by the sales guy, Mr. Santosh Mishra. Also it has numerous payment option. They even do COD at additional cost (nominal) if you don't have those fancy cards.

--Kenden

Mods: Please delete if found out of place.

Last edited by SirAlec : 26th May 2010 at 17:28.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:44   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Got myslef a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors high top shoes.Are a tad difficult to wear if you are not used to high tops but once on feel good and am like don't wanna take them off.
Also while driving long distance in them my feet felt a little tired as there is no arch to support the ball of your foot.
They are a real pain to put on! I found out only after buying a pair, any tips?
Old 26th May 2010, 20:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried Shape ups from Sketchers ? How good or bad are they ? The shape is wierd but they are good health wise it seems. Any one tried them recently ?
Old 26th May 2010, 20:57   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Anyone tried Shape ups from Sketchers ? How good or bad are they ? The shape is wierd but they are good health wise it seems. Any one tried them recently ?
my fiance uses it. as per her opinion its excellent. she says its cushion is one of the best. feels very soft and comfortable. her job's nature requires her to stand for 6 hrs + and she is happy.

she has shox n new balance sports shoes as comparison

hope this helps.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:40   #217
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! Apart from the shape everything else looks fine. I'll see if I can get them.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:34   #218
Team-BHP Support

Why is it that you do not get half sizes in India? Moreover, you do not get different shapes tailored for wide feet etc., The so called sports stores do not have any idea about what is pronation, whats a motion control shoe, and what type of cushioning is needed when.
Thankfully I got a good fitting shoe from Puma(id cell tech) and it gives me adequate cushioning.
Old 27th May 2010, 04:22   #219
Senior - BHPian

Running Shop: Women's Running Shoes & Men's Running Shoes | Shoes.com

this is one of the best sites i have come across in terms of finding shoes that fits our size. They have a tutorial that determines the type of shoes you should be wearing based on the type of feet you have.

do give it a try. it really works.
Old 25th July 2010, 08:42   #220
Senior - BHPian

Since my good old Puma Drift Cats and Nike Shox gave up together last week, I ordered 2 new pairs from Puma again. Recieved the package 2 days later and boy, am I happy again. At 1st, I was little skeptical ordering shoes online but I decided to give it a shot (I buy most of stuff online but never bought shoes online before! ) Anyway, I bought a pair of

a) Cell Intertia Leather (For jogging & gym) - They feel better than Shox if I talk about cushion and bounce. Try them once and you will not be disappointed (If you have neutral feet like me)

b) Ducati Testastretta II (For daily use) - I am yet to properly break in this pair of shoes, but they feel very similar to Drift Cats in comfort.

Here are a few pictures (One is my own and rest are from web)
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-cell-intertia-1.jpeg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-cell-intertia-2.jpeg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-ducati-testastretta-ii.jpeg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-ducati-testastretta-ii..jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 10:47   #221
BHPian

Guys suggest me some good FOrmal Black shoes within 2.5k INR budget for daily Office wear and i prefer a soft sole with full leather inner and outer body .
My shoe size is 11-12 depends on the brand.
I was hoping Redtape is a good buy plz advice.
Also suggest a good place to buy in HYDERABAD or Bangalore

Last edited by msvg : 1st August 2010 at 10:48.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:44   #222
Senior - BHPian

^^ go in for Hush Puppies from Bata. There are always some sales going on too these days so you might be able to get a good deal. I can speak from experience, once you start wearing Hush Puppies its very difficult to move to any other formal shoe.
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:58   #223
Senior - BHPian

any idea where i can acquire 5 fingers in Bangalore? I really loved the wacky design!
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:26   #224
F50
Senior - BHPian

Im not a shoe guy back in India I used to wear Converse most of the times. But here, I have just gone shoes buying spree. I have bought 6 pairs recently.
2 Nikes, 1 Adidas, Puma, US Polo and Fila Honda Racing.

Heres the Fila, its bit uncomfortable.
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-filahondaracingsneakers1.jpg
Source: Google
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:46   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
^^ go in for Hush Puppies from Bata. There are always some sales going on too these days so you might be able to get a good deal. I can speak from experience, once you start wearing Hush Puppies its very difficult to move to any other formal shoe.
I have been using Hush Puppies now and hence not able to decide on other brands...
Going in for Cheaper pair of shoes as its going to be rainy seasons and i do alot of walking with my formal shoes say around 4-5 kms every day...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks