Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:49   #226
BHPian

Hi All,

Everyyear PONDS exports and sometimes The Shoe Making Societies basically from All Over India put up a SALE in Safina Plaza or the some where in and near Infantry road in bangalore where u can grab Leather footwear of Major brands both for Men and Women at very reasonable prices... Wanted to know when is this sale this year and
where is the location in Bangalore..Informing a larger crowd so that many can track this event .Please keep me informed

Thanks
MSVG
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:59   #227
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2010 at 16:41.
msvg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th August 2010, 01:20   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
so I bought adidas sandglide trail running shoes, mostly because they were on sale. immediately learnt that running shoes should not be used as daily wear if bought in correct size. i went half size up because I felt they were too tight. now while running I wish I had not gone up in size, will work ok with thick socks and tightening laces though.

Attachment 176443
Why can't running shoes be used as daily wear if "bought in correct size"?
Old 10th September 2010, 12:10   #229
BHPian

Can anyone suggest me a good place to buy tough leather shoes in Delhi/NCR. I wanted to buy CATs but they have been withdrawn from the market since late 2009.

There just seems to be no brand that makes the kind of shoes i want. Something like -
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-shoes.jpeg  

Old 10th September 2010, 13:06   #230
BHPian

I love wearing boots and the best ones I've ever worn are the ones that I have been using for over two years. A pair of black Bates Sport Composite boots. It's the best of both worlds. Boot like in looks but sneaker like in weight.

Men's 5" Composite Safety Toe Side Zip Boots - BatesFootwear.com

I also use a pair of Craftsman Steel Toe workboots for rough use (hiking, motorcycling etc) and boy they are tough.

Buzzillions.com
Old 10th September 2010, 18:11   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Why can't running shoes be used as daily wear if "bought in correct size"?
Because they have to be snug. More the movement, tighter they need to be. They also have soft cushion that softly keeps pressing them against feet.

All these factors cause me a problem in daily wear. I think recently I ave developed this thing that I can't tolerate constant pressing of my feet by shoes. old, well broken in, no cushion leather shoes work best.

I usually thick wear sport socks and tighten them while running. And use regular socks when in daily use occasionally. helps to some extent.
Old 30th September 2010, 04:50   #232
BHPian

Hi folks
Please suggest me a good running shoes and canvas shoes for casual wear ,brand,price and if possible a picture will be great help . I am looking in a budget of max 3k inr .
Old 30th September 2010, 11:14   #233
Team-BHP Support

msvg, do you have reliance footprint in your town?
If yes, you can try out the Asics brand. Its very popular among runners in the west, but sadly till now we have been limited to Nike/Reebok/Puma as in India sports shoes are mostly bought to show off and not actually for proper running.
Another great shoe is Nike Lunar Glide, but thats expensive. For around 3-3.5K Asics make real good shoes.
Find some 3-4 models of your choice, and then do some research on online runners magazines etc., and chose the best.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:20   #234
JVH
Senior - BHPian

msvg - Am not sure what's your location - Hyderabad or Bangalore. But if you are in Bangalore, you can find Reliance footprints in Mantri Mall.

The best running shoes I've experienced are Salomon. But their starting range is from 5K and are available in a sports outlet at Garuda mall. For a 3K budget, my personal choice would be Asics and then Puma.

If I were you, I would stretch the budget and opt for Salomon. Excellent running shoes.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:33   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi folks
Please suggest me a good running shoes and canvas shoes for casual wear ,brand,price and if possible a picture will be great help . I am looking in a budget of max 3k inr .
I have used following shoes for Running. Found them comfortable.

Nike Shox, Asics Gel Tornado, Nike Reax, Nike Free Run. The first three are heavy, but comfortable and has superb cushioning. The Nike Free Run is very light and i used a separate cushioning to get a better fit and comfort.

Regarding Canvas shoes, i found converse to be most comfortable. And they look great too. If you like high heel canvas shoes try True Religion Lance Hi. They are great in look and comfort. It has leather on top and embossed logos.

I am not sure if these are available in India, but you can give it a shot. They are available on ebay though.
Old 8th November 2010, 00:08   #236
BHPian

These are the two pairs that i've bought recently :

Google Image Result for http://content.nordstrom.com/imagegallery/store/product/gigantic/16/_5955196.jpg

Google Image Result for http://content.nordstrom.com/imagegallery/store/product/gigantic/5/_5995165.jpg
Old 8th November 2010, 22:16   #237
BHPian

Hello All,
I have been looking around for a comfortable pair of tactical boots for a long time in India, something in the lines of the below link
Belleville Mens 8 Inch Waterproof Flight And Combat Boots # 700 - Buy Now!

Recently came across a site in Bangalore selling these kinds of boots but unfortunately the second time I visited them with the intention to buy, it went out of stock
::OLIVE PLANET::

I have been using the regular army boots for a long time now, more than 15 years probably, they are good for most purposes (other than sports) but sometimes I feel like having some more comfort in those boots. On long walks I prefer boots over other types of shoes for the reason that a pair of boots give a good support to ankles and takes off some weight from the feet, well that is what I feel actually.

I have been mulling about the idea of getting a pair shipped from the US too but the sizes are not guaranteed to fit and the shipping would be prohibitive for that kind of weight.

So, any directions are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:48   #238
GTO
Team-BHP Support

aburagohain, when it comes to boots, few as comfortable & durable as Doc Martens. My pair is 8 - 9 years old, but they look so good, I still wear them on nights out. The air sole + snug fit = comfort. Since you are considering ordering online, check with Shoes, Clothing | Zappos.com Free Shipping (got mine from there) on how much it will cost to ship a pair to India.
Old 10th November 2010, 23:42   #239
BHPian

Thanks GTO, very nice of you, those are some great boots, the paratrooper collection catches the attention

I guess they do not ship to India, says only Canada and APO/FPO addresses; anyway, there would be others who will.

One of my current trusted pairs below, the wear is showing through but that is the best part of these army boots, grow more and more comfortable with age and will take any condition one throws at them:
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-pict4930.jpg  

Old 11th November 2010, 00:22   #240
Senior - BHPian

I used to wear a pair of Army boot during college days but never had those clips. Are these added later on or nowadays they come with the clips/buckles? I didn't wear it for long and returned to the guy from whom I borrowed it after couple of months Nowadays I mostly wear those trekking kind of shoes by Adidas or Reebok, I find them very comfortable for driving and long time wear even though they are bit on heavier side but light on pocket. A decent pair costing only 2.5k-4k max. Would like to try Nike next.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks