Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 21:17   #316
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

For my workout I use adidas running shoes. Pretty comfy and have a good grip. Also they are easy to wear and remove compared to my other shoes. For basketball I use Nike shoes. They go up to the ankles so support them while jumping. They also dont let you sprain your ankles doing stupid stunts For my casual wear I usually use Lacoste. They too go up til the ankle because I am very prone to ankle sprains and they have saved me a lot of times from bed rest. For my formal I have a good collection from designers like Louis Vuitton, Prada etc Louis Vuitton are Flashy yet subtle. I have shoes made of snake leather and other exotic materials. A normal person wouldn't even know what you are wearing but shoes from such materials make many knowledgeable people go awe. They are all bought from the US as the shoes in US are sheer quality. Last time I bought shoes from India I got reminded how every company treats us like third world citizens dumping all their unsold and fail products in India and to my surprise people buy it not even knowing that. If you really want a good lasting pair of shoes I would recomment you all check eBay.com and buy shoes and get them shipped to India. But there are a lot of fakes there too so be careful. Quality for products differs not only for cars but everything.
Old 14th May 2014, 19:02   #317
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Anyone here have those Puma Motorsport shoes? (ferrari/bmw...etc)
seems like a considerable option.

http://www.flipkart.com/puma-future-...ODTDZA7M2FCNRH
Old 14th May 2014, 19:48   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

Have used these very shoes. The get worn out especially from the front tip. I would advice to stay away.
Old 14th May 2014, 19:52   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Have used these very shoes. The get worn out especially from the front tip. I would advice to stay away.
Are you sure? Because I've read good reviews about its quality and whatnot. Can you please be a little more descriptive? :-\
Old 14th May 2014, 19:56   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Are you sure? Because I've read good reviews about its quality and whatnot. Can you please be a little more descriptive? :-\
One often tends to rub the front tip of the shoes with the ground (goes unnoticed). It took me 6 months to entirely wear out the front tip of the shoe.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-150618.jpg

Something like this happened with me, even though i try to avoid rubbing the tip with things.

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th May 2014 at 08:07.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:22   #321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Your best bet is to get it from outside India. They are of a different kind altogether. They are minimalistic and once you start running in them, you do feel a difference. Have been on them for a year now (Vibram KSO) and am getting my second pair (Vibram Komodosport).
Time to get your money back...

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/arc...000ad9?cn=tbla
Old 26th June 2014, 10:30   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
@Samurai - There has always been a debate on Vibrams for quite sometime. In fact there has been quite a debate on minimalistic/bare foot running vs using regular running shoes.
The difference i feel wearing vibrams is that i get to run longer and a tad faster compared to normal shoes. Also, the padding in normal shoes is slightly higher and after using vibram, you feel as if your feet are slipping in normal shoes. Having said that, i am sure normal shoes with minimal padding should work similar to vibrams.
The jury is still out there. I dont mind getting a million bucks - will help spruce Black Knight for sure
Old 20th September 2014, 09:47   #323
Team-BHP Support

Few queries:

I have got myself a Nike Airmax 2014. While the shoe is comfortable, I don't think it is that much more comfortable than the Reebok Runtone or Ultra 8. Especially considering the price. Airmax goes for 15K and they were at 8-9K.

Have any of you got the new Reebok Jetfuse? How comfortable is it? Worth buying?

I am eying the Flyknit Airmax next, but pricing is a bit absurd (20K) Especially, when in US they (Airmax & Flyknit) are just 5$ apart.

And any of you purchased Adidas Springblade?
Old 20th September 2014, 10:57   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few queries:

I have got myself a Nike Airmax 2014. While the shoe is comfortable, I don't think it is that much more comfortable than the Reebok Runtone or Ultra 8. Especially considering the price. Airmax goes for 15K and they were at 8-9K.

Have any of you got the new Reebok Jetfuse? How comfortable is it? Worth buying?

I am eying the Flyknit Airmax next, but pricing is a bit absurd (20K) Especially, when in US they (Airmax & Flyknit) are just 5$ apart.

And any of you purchased Adidas Springblade?
Curious - How do you judge the benefit of these things? I would imagine being able to judge a regular shoes vs a Hoka one one (heavy cushioning) vs a Merrell Glove series (minimal cushioning) vs a vibram five fingers (zero cushioning and toelike). I just cannot understand how runners decide / feel the benefit of these uber fancy shoes?

/As for me i use the road glove for riding the bike in city and VFF trek for everything else! Now i cannot even wear regular beach slippers if they are a bit thick - I need thin flip flop like slippers. I just cannot go back to wearing regular shoes now - even my formal shoes (Pavers England) were bought because their heel is solid can be easily cut for a flat zero stack experience

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th September 2014 at 11:13.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:43   #325
Team-BHP Support

For jogging/walking, I use my older shoes. Like, after moving to an Airmax, I have started using my Reebok for jog/walk.

I wear those high end shoes because of feet comfort. I wear them in the morning and take them out at night. Morning can be 5-10am & night, anything between 8-11pm. I have tried wearing other shoes, but they are not as comfortable. And none of them last more than an year.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th September 2014 at 11:44.
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:08   #326
Senior - BHPian

Hey, can anybody recommend a good men's sport shoe store in Delhi or Chandigarh?

"Good" means a big place with lots of shoes to choose from, not one of these 10 foot by 10 holes in the wall. I would like to walk into a big place that has hundreds of shoes displayed and lots of shoe sizes in stock. The first one of you guys who says the acursed word "Jabong" loses a spheroid!

I am particularly interested in sport shoes or basketball shoes with a high rise.
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:53   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Hey, can anybody recommend a good men's sport shoe store in Delhi or Chandigarh?

"Good" means a big place with lots of shoes to choose from, not one of these 10 foot by 10 holes in the wall. I would like to walk into a big place that has hundreds of shoes displayed and lots of shoe sizes in stock. The first one of you guys who says the acursed word "Jabong" loses a spheroid!

I am particularly interested in sport shoes or basketball shoes with a high rise.
Not sure about chandigarh but delhi is full of malls e.g ambience mall with hundreds of square feet of shoes lined up in shop after shop. and there are dozens of such malls in here. surely in chandigarh, around sector 17 or one one of the malls in mohali or zirakpur u should find a good set of shoes.

no idea about your particular interest, sorry

high rise meaning high heel to toe drop, right?
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:18   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Not sure about chandigarh but delhi is full of malls e.g ambience mall with hundreds of square feet of shoes lined up in shop after shop. and there are dozens of such malls in here. surely in chandigarh, around sector 17 or one one of the malls in mohali or zirakpur u should find a good set of shoes.

no idea about your particular interest, sorry

high rise meaning high heel to toe drop, right?
Ambiance Mall? Okay, I will give it a try next week when I am there.

I should have used a better term than "High Rise". I meant a sport shoe with some ankle support ala most basketball shoes or these, from Prince:
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-prince-viper-mid-vii.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2014, 22:59   #329
Team-BHP Support

I think these can be referred as Basketball shoes. I wore few from Reebok.
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:54   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think these can be referred as Basketball shoes. I wore few from Reebok.
These particular ones from Prince are tennis shoes but you are correct, same idea as basketball shoes, ankle support. They make good light boots, sort of.

Speaking of boots, anybody selling, making, good light boots in India, Delhi? Boots suitable for light or heavier trekking?

Last edited by DirtyDan : 23rd September 2014 at 23:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks