Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 11:22   #451
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Please suggest a good pair of shoes which can be used for daily jogging (~ 2 KM daily) and playing badminton (outdoor rough concrete surface ).
Old 17th September 2021, 11:37   #452
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Please suggest a good pair of shoes which can be used for daily jogging (~ 2 KM daily) and playing badminton (outdoor rough concrete surface ).
You did not mention the budget,
Ravi Ashwin had tweeted that Nike react was good, and it is around 10K.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:27   #453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Slightly off-topic.

Immaterial of shoe choice, you should reconsider playing badminton on a rough concrete surface on a regular basis, unless there's no other choice.

Concrete surface is awful for your joints due to pretty much non-existent cushioning/rebound.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 08:01   #454
Senior - BHPian

After about 6 months and very delightful 1300+ km, I replaced my Brooks Glycerin 18 with Brooks Ricochet 3.
Did a 16 km run in the Ricochet 3 today and while it's not as plush as Glycerine 18, I liked the energy return. Glycerin 18 was pure pleasure - soft yet supporting, with a decent amount of energy return. Ricochet 3, on the other hand, is more firm, feels lighter and compliments your efforts beautifully.
I picked them up from the HSR Brooks showroom.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20211007_080048.jpg

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 10:26   #455
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Get a comfortable and cushioned shoe like nike renew ride or something around 4k. Never play badminton with running shoes. One of my colleague had multiple fractures in his feet after his sports shoe twisted on landing after a smash. Better invest in badminton shoes. You get good options in decathlon.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th October 2021 at 10:43. Reason: Typo.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 16:27   #456
BHPian

Has anyone recently ordered from the Skechers India website? I had ordered more than 2 weeks ago, but still no update on my order. They did say up to 10 working days for delivery but it has been waaaay more than that. The only message I got after order confirmation was an SMS to say there is a delay.

Have emailed them - no response.
Have called multiple times - eternally on hold.

Any ideas on what I can do, else I'm next thinking of contacting my CC provider (ICICI) to dispute the transaction.
Old 30th December 2021, 04:59   #457
BHPian

Bought these Puma shoes yesterday on Boxing Day deal. Went to 300 kms drive today by wearing them. Very comfortable shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-9316152c262847fba30ebf48941bcf43.jpeg  

Old 13th January 2022, 16:43   #458
Senior - BHPian

Does Nike India have sales or promotions anytime during the year? I am seeing Puma and Adidas almost always on sale but don't remember seeing discounts on Nike.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:12   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Does Nike India have sales or promotions anytime during the year? I am seeing Puma and Adidas almost always on sale but don't remember seeing discounts on Nike.
Be on the lookout in the Amazon Sale. I did get myself Nike Zoom Winflo 7. The MRP on the box is 7999 but got it for 4290 in the Diwali sale. They are wonderful for running and have been using them regularly for my runs.
Attached Images

Old 13th January 2022, 17:14   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any suggestions for slip on shoes(ie without laces) for me. I get heel pain on my right heel during brisk walk and the doctor suggested to opt for shoes with good cushioning. I will be using them for my brisk walk. No running. Budget around 5K
Old 13th January 2022, 17:19   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, any suggestions for slip on shoes(ie without laces) for me. I get heel pain on my right heel during brisk walk and the doctor suggested to opt for shoes with good cushioning. I will be using them for my brisk walk. No running. Budget around 5K
I have had good experience with slip-on from Skechers. They seem more comfortable than my Nike running shoes as well.

I am using one:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B096DGCMYH/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 17:44   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Be on the lookout in the Amazon Sale.
Worried about too many fakes on Amazon and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any particular reason for looking at only slip-on's? Your choices would be limited due to this. If the pain is due to plantar fasciitis, you get gel inserts that can be used with any shoe of your liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have had good experience with slip-on from Skechers. They seem more comfortable than my Nike running shoes as well.
Don't get the memory foam ones though. They feel very comfortable but are not good for long walks. Even the Skechers shop assistant also confirmed the same.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:51   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any particular reason for looking at only slip-on's? Your choices would be limited due to this. If the pain is due to plantar fasciitis, you get gel inserts that can be used with any shoe of your liking.

Don't get the memory foam ones though. They feel very comfortable but are not good for long walks. Even the Skechers shop assistant also confirmed the same.
Well, Somehow my existing Nike shoes used to delace a lot during my walks. Atleast once during every walk. I am not sure if I do not know how to tie the lace or there was an issue with the lace in the shoes. LOL. Hence looking for slip ons.

I am open to laced sneakers as well if they provide good comfort. Yes no memory foam. Even the doc said the same.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:52   #464
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone bought any shoes from StockX? I want a pair of Vans which are not available in India, but are available on StockX and reasonably priced. Anyone know what the customs duties are that have to be paid?
Old 13th January 2022, 17:54   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use these for long drives or travels where I need to walk a few kms at the place of sight seeing. Have been happy so far.

Any particular reason why memory foam is to be avoided?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks