Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 09:19   #481
Team-BHP Support

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I don't know, how many shoes of mine have fallen prey to non / infrequent usage. I was under the impression that if a shoe is not used ever, the pasting will stay, unfortunately, even that is untrue.

Had got a boost series shoes from Adidas in '18, took it out to wear a week back, checked it yesterday, the pasting is peeling off. Have got it pasted from a cobbler, but he said, if this doesn't stay, might have to stitch it. I was always at-least one casual / sports & formal shoe as spare, now, won't. Will buy and keep, will always wear once purchased & not store it.

Old 25th August 2022, 09:39   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't know, how many shoes of mine have fallen prey to non / infrequent usage. I was under the impression that if a shoe is not used ever, the pasting will stay, unfortunately, even that is untrue.

Had got a boost series shoes from Adidas in '18, took it out to wear a week back, checked it yesterday, the pasting is peeling off. Have got it pasted from a cobbler, but he said, if this doesn't stay, might have to stitch it. I was always at-least one casual / sports & formal shoe as spare, now, won't. Will buy and keep, will always wear once purchased & not store it.

Shoes are like watch or car tyres. They require usage frequently or else they turn hard and lose shape/pasting. Keep rotating through all your shoes - using the "fair" ones for lesser duration or fewer days but still, use.

In my shoerack, my oldest pair is in its 7th year now. During COVID times, there were times when I wore my semi formal shoes for a restaurant or mall visit. The one that I didn't or couldn't wear during those 2 years, perished earlier this year. So keep using!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:11   #483
PPS
Senior - BHPian

My Wife gifted me these Nike Winflo 9 for 8.5k recently. My most expensive shoe so far! There was a Black Friday Sale but the discounted ones were only offered in a different shade. These Blue ones really pop depending on the light! I'm trying to keep my collection to a minimum now. 2 of my Nike shoes have gone bad with their soles coming off, 1 is just about usable. All of them lasted 6yrs. My Adidas is still in decent condition. There was a tempting Adidas sale past 2 days with many shoes at 30-50% discount. Since I don't want to keep storing shoes & not use them, deciding against buying anything!

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-winflo9.jpg
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 00:42   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
My Wife gifted me these Nike Winflo 9 for 8.5k recently. My most expensive shoe so far!

Since I don't want to keep storing shoes & not use them, deciding against buying anything!
Maybe these two videos of fellow Mumbaikars will change your life

Old 13th December 2022, 02:40   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Hearing good things about Birkenstock (https://www.birkenstock.in/). Anyone has any experience, was looking to replace my Crocs for my casual footwear at home and around!
Isn't Rs14k for sandals to be used at home, way too expensive? These are not even limited edition or anything like that.
https://www.birkenstock.in/products/...39820404686934

Both my kids wear Birks, they took summer jobs, saved up and splurged on this - so they could look cool in their dorms.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 14:37   #486
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Maybe these two videos of fellow Mumbaikars will change your life
Its only recently that I discovered that some shoes sell for a over a lakh of rupees! Infact my previous Nike's which were my most expensive at that point in time , I only wore abroad & in the gym! I would hate to wear super expensive shoes in the dirt & grime of the streets. That's the reason I never buy white colored shoes.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 23:44   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Its only recently that I discovered that some shoes sell for a over a lakh of rupees! Infact my previous Nike's which were my most expensive at that point in time , I only wore abroad & in the gym! I would hate to wear super expensive shoes in the dirt & grime of the streets. That's the reason I never buy white colored shoes.
Well some of the most iconic sneakers are white or come in a lighter shade, and there is a big sneaker cleaning / sneaker care industry around that to keep your kicks in top shape ! One such example is this:

Last edited by Samfromindia : 13th December 2022 at 23:46.
Old 21st December 2022, 15:49   #488
BHPian

Hey, just wanted to check if anyone has bought from Nike India site. I was trying to buy some shoes and it said shipping was around 1250-1500> It also said customs was applicable, but nowhere does it imply whether customs is included in this cost. Has anyone bought from them before?

Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 16:02   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Has anyone bought from them before?
Yup. Got the "Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer 5" in October for Rs.7495. Shipping & Handling was Rs.750 for me.

The delivery timeline was less than what the site mentioned, and the shoe was delivered from Singapore.
I was asked to provide an address proof (same address as delivery) and PAN Card number for customs clearing but didn't have to pay anything else.

All in all, highly satisfied; with the product and the delivery experience.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-airmaxalphatrainer5trainingshoesx8jzj6.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th January 2023 at 05:38. Reason: Quote trimmed, image inserted in-line.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 16:11   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
All in all, highly satisfied; with the product and the delivery experience.
Thanks, will go ahead and order.
Old 28th December 2022, 17:46   #491
Team-BHP Support

Been looking for minimalist, compact driving/casual walking shoes since Crocs stopped making my earlier favorite Citilane slip-ons.

Friendly mod Vid6639 suggested Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 slip-ons. Couldn't get my size in India but fortunately someone from the family was coming from Japan, so got a trial pair brought down.

Fantastic, minimalistic, lightweight. I have a slightly deformed pinky toe on my left foot due to a broken bone that didn't heal straight. These are the first pair in ages that don't hurt after a walk.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img20221225wa0031.jpeg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th December 2022 at 17:48.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 18:17   #492
Senior - BHPian

Got me a pair of mi shoes for home gym use and they have been pretty good. For the price i really can't complain

https://www.mi.com/in/mi-athleisure-shoes/

My Puma Ultra Triller shoes are getting worn out thanks to walking/jogging on rough terrain. What would be a decent sub 7k shoes to replace that?
Old 5th January 2023, 03:43   #493
BHPian

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img2416.jpg

Shoes along with watches and ray ban aviators are my weakness when out shopping
My shoe collection from left to right -
Adidas Pod S 3.1 , Nike Air Max 270 , Nike Jordan Max Aura , Nike Vaporfly Next%2 , Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img2419.jpg

My Air Max fresh out of my cleaning routine , spend about an hour each month completing a deep clean - would it be a surprise if i mention these are about 4 yrs old

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-nike-vaporfly-next-2.jpg

Picked this up as a personal treat for Christmas and absolutely love them for the comfort whilst on a road run
Old 5th January 2023, 11:38   #494
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Bought these Jack & Jones shoes for 1.8k recently from a local mall. They were available at 40% discount!

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-jj.jpg
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 11:42   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
My Puma Ultra Triller shoes are getting worn out thanks to walking/jogging on rough terrain. What would be a decent sub 7k shoes to replace that?
You can try any of trail running shoes, as they have tougher soles and last longer, when being used on rough terrain.

I am a big fan of Salomon shoes, and have been using a single pair for both office and walking in rough terrain for about 5 years, without any issues.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks