Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2021, 16:42   #436
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I have been using Nike since May of 2019 with a mileage of around 2000 Km on them. Before the lockdown used to mostly run on treadmill and the running was also less. However since the lockdown have put in a mileage of1200 Km on the shoes with most the running on either tarmac or hard-packed earth. Look out for a new set has begun as I believe the soles will give away soon.

This is what I have been using not sure why Amazon has now marked it as Women's shoes but earlier it was for men

https://www.amazon.in/Nike-Womens-Ru...20GHV3H0AHXFAZ

Was planning to go for adidas as my next set of running shoes but probably will have to revisit now seeing the recommendations by fellow members

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...G9ONZD7S&psc=1
Old 13th June 2021, 20:56   #437
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Hearing good things about Birkenstock (https://www.birkenstock.in/). Anyone has any experience, was looking to replace my Crocs for my casual footwear at home and around!
It is very good. Me and my wife both use them indoors for the past 1.5~2 years and it just works very well and offers sufficient grip even on laminate and wooden flooring. Below is a picture of both of ours as of today. Some observations are the white colour is not the best, as it started to show some blue-green coloration. My anthracite is going pretty strong. Also the tread is almost new and the contours are not damaged either. We both use them pretty extensively and I would rate it very good, overall. My wife rates it very good for comfort, but bad for the coloration issue.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-birkenstock.jpg
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 22:05   #438
Senior - BHPian

My last couple of shoe purchases have been from the Adidas Terrex outdoor hiking shoe collection.

The soles of these shoes are made of continental tyre rubber and provide a very good studded grip.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th June 2021 at 22:06.
Old 1st July 2021, 17:46   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
500-600 km

If you are interested in picking up a new pair, do check out the Brooks India website - they are running an end-of-season sale and there are a lot of good deals to pick from.

--Anoop
Hey Anoop - thanks for pointing out the end of season sale. Am planning to pick up the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 (about 30% discount) Any negative feedbacks ?
My last one was a Mizuno Waverider 19. After about 450k, the insole has started to develop holes. The outer mesh is also torn now. Quite a bad experience with it. I still have my Ascis Dynamis which has now seen about 1200k and still going strong. Most of my running is done on road and i dont use the running shoes for any other activity

Let me know. Cheers
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 10:44   #440
Team-BHP Support

Been wearing Croc's clogs since ~10 years now, besides the quality deterioration, the product is not the same IMHO. The floatride tech thing launched ~3 years back is worse in terms of longevity. And, I frankly find the regular crocs to be more comfortable. BTW, mine too has given away.

https://twitter.com/Sheel46/status/1300664756324294659

I was given a Rs. 500 discount & frankly I wanted a replacement.

The outer pasting [aspect ratio ] in most crocs come out. In few of them it is either pasted in the inner side or at the heel side. In few, it is in one part & in few, there are none.

Crocs in their official website does not show this, Myntra does & kudos to them.

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-crocs.jpg

I just wanted to put this up here as a lot of us buy these. For outerwear and to be used in all types of conditions [everyday usage, grocery etc, come rain or shine] there are not many alternatives.

Birkenstock, Zara etc have good clogs, but I think, none of them can withstand water.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th July 2021 at 14:06.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 01:06   #441
BHPian

Was looking to cop Nike Dunks, Air Jordan 1 High/Low on SNKRS India website without any success for sometime. Also had no luck with raffles on Superkicks or Vegnonveg where I always ended up getting L. Didn't want to pay resale prices either.

Finally this Air Jordan 1 Mid in Gym Red colorway showed up on Nike India website last month. Although not a Hypebeast shoe like the Highs or Lows, and not something I can flip immediately for a profit, it made a good buy for personal use with retail prices.

The Gym Red color blocking is reverse of the iconic Chichago OG colorway. It cost me 9995 + 750 Shipping fees on Nike India website. Product was shipped within 2 days of placing the order from Singapore and landed at my place in Kolkata on 5th Day ! Products shipped by Amazon India sometimes take more time to get delivered. Very much satisfied with their courier partner Aramex who handled all customs clearance without any involvement form my side, apart from asking me to upload photo id with residential proof on their portal. Well let the pics do the talking:

https://www.nike.com/in/t/air-jordan...RGV/554724-122

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-20210616_024245.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0001.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-dsc_0005.jpg

Btw, this colorway is reselling on mainstreet at 15K, which is around 50% more than what i paid for
https://marketplace.mainstreet.co.in...-black-white-5
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 12:50   #442
Senior - BHPian

How do you folks manage online shoe purchases? Pre covid, all my shoe purchases were offline and I would simply try a few shoes that I liked and pick one, without going into the specifications much. But now, I am getting decision fatigue looking at specs, reading reviews, etc to find a close match to my all-time favorite running shoe, Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 17:09   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Hey Anoop - thanks for pointing out the end of season sale. Am planning to pick up the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 (about 30% discount) Any negative feedbacks ?
My last one was a Mizuno Waverider 19. After about 450k, the insole has started to develop holes. The outer mesh is also torn now. Quite a bad experience with it. I still have my Ascis Dynamis which has now seen about 1200k and still going strong. Most of my running is done on road and i dont use the running shoes for any other activity

Let me know. Cheers
Oops, missed seeing this post. Hope you have already got your pair by this time.

I have covered close to 600 km in my Glycerine 18 and they are as good as new. Really happy with the pair so far.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 14:55   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
How do you folks manage online shoe purchases? Pre covid, all my shoe purchases were offline and I would simply try a few shoes that I liked and pick one, without going into the specifications much. But now, I am getting decision fatigue looking at specs, reading reviews, etc to find a close match to my all-time favorite running shoe, Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10
Thankfully all offline stores are open now along with the malls. So in case you are not a online person, you can go ahead and shop the latest collection in these stores.

Online has multiple benefits like:

+ Getting better deals sometimes than offline.
+ Easier to find less popular or rare shoes
+ Buying hyped sneakers

- However counterfeit market is big and if you are not buying from reputable stores you may end up getting a fake
- Uncertainty about fit especially if you are new to the brand
- Wait times

If you love Zoom Vomero 10 so much, why not replace it with the latest version of it here ?

Nike Air Zoom Vomero 15
https://www.nike.com/in/t/air-zoom-v...t0M/CU1856-008

It has the top of line ZoomX foam in heel and AirZoom unit on forefoot.

One step down of this will be the

Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38
https://www.nike.com/in/t/air-zoom-p...j6Q/CW7356-003

Here the ZoomX heel is replaced with React while AirZoom forefoot stays the same.

In case you want a step up, you can go for

Nike ZoomX Invincible Run Flyknit
https://www.nike.com/in/t/zoomx-invi...P3r/CT2228-001

This has ZoomX cushioning all round and is probably the most comfortable sneaker around.

Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 15:24   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
If you love Zoom Vomero 10 so much, why not replace it with the latest version of it here ?

Nike Air Zoom Vomero 15

Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38

In case you want a step up, you can go for
Nike ZoomX Invincible Run Flyknit
Ended up picking an Ascis Gel Pulse 12 for now from Tata Cliq. Seems to be original after the initial checks.

I couldn't find my size in Vomero 15.
Have shortlisted the Pegasus 38. Heard it runs a little warm due to less ventilation. Will go check in a store.
Flyknit is a little overkill for my usage.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:58   #446
Senior - BHPian

Picked up a long time grail pair of English country boots, the Trickers Stow boots in a gorgeous chestnut brown shade. They were on discount on a UK website and I pounced on them.

Trickers, for the uninitiated, is the oldest shoemaker based out of Northampton, England (the mecca of English shoemaking) with a storied history of a 190 years, and holds a royal warrant in England. Specializes in sturdy country boots, in addition to various other styles. For those interested, check out their website www.trickers.com.

Long story short, these boots last decades with basic upkeep and are made of some of the best leather available. As they say, these are the kippers knickers! I find the classic designs to be really stunning. Expensive stuff for sure, but super high quality. Not the designer rubbish that is marketed at huge markups these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210723_224904729.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210723_224840728.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210723_224915119.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 23rd July 2021 at 23:04.
arindambasu13 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 00:37   #447
BHPian

Quote:
How do you folks manage online shoe purchases? Pre covid, all my shoe purchases were offline and I would simply try a few shoes that I liked and pick one, without going into the specifications much. But now, I am getting decision fatigue looking at specs, reading reviews, etc...
Don't remember the last time I walked into an actual shop to buy footwear. Since about 5 years, everything from sneakers, loafers and formal brogues to flip-flops has been done via online portals. Have had a really good experience with both Myntra and Ajio in this aspect. The ease of shopping from the comfort of your home and all available information at your fingertips is a real boon.
P.s. Have even managed to get Dad to start trusting the online portals, instead of going all the way to a shop.
Old 24th July 2021, 10:37   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. But now, I am getting decision fatigue looking at specs, reading reviews, etc to find a close match to my all-time favorite running shoe, Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10
I have purchased a few pairs of shoes online from the US and UK and for me, a large part of the fun and excitement lies in the research, comparisons, reading reviews, scouring sites for deals, discussing with experts on online forums and then finally pulling the trigger! Much like any other hobby which involves sight-unseen purchases. It is a most satisfying experience, as far as I'm concerned. But one has to have the time and patience to do the above. If it's an immediate requirement, online research and shopping may be a drag and simply not feasible.

A few more pictures of the Trickers Stow boots which arrived yesterday from the UK, for those who enjoy high quality leather footwear
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-_img_000000_000000.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210724_103011939.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210724_103023564.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20210724_103036480.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 24th July 2021 at 10:39.
arindambasu13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:07   #449
BHPian

Hi, any runners/cross trainers into Minimalistic shoes? Need to know if we have any Indian options or any physical place to try them on. There is one brand on amazon called Dare, but reviews aren't encouraging. I have been using Decathlon's scuba shoes ( also known as beach shoes) for my cross training and weight training since a month and absolutely love them. Totally zero drop soles.
Old 25th August 2021, 12:59   #450
Senior - BHPian

After 2 years my mi shoes finally decided to give up, and ended up buying these Puma shoes for my daily runs.

https://in.puma.com/in/en/pd/ultra-t...94396_color=02

Think this is the most expensive shoe i have bought in my life Feels pertty good to walk/jog wearing these.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks