Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 10:27   #391
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Whoa !
Was not aware that tbhp has a thread on brands also.
For last 5+ years, have been working for Nike, of which more than 3 years been at Nike Head Quarters in US.
Have seen many products emerging, launching, diminishing and flourishing. Not to mention that working at Nike HQ make you eligible to participate in different product testing / analysis and last but not the least to be lucky to meet or see some of the great players in campus
Learnt lots of stuff about how big brands work and contribute on various initiatives over all.
Feel free to ask any questions about the Nike.
WDM007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 13:44   #392
Team-BHP Support

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Feel free to ask any questions about the Nike.
You my man...

Have been wearing Airmax for past 4 years and so wish to get myself the vapormax.

To be very honest, I find Asics Gel Kinsei 6, Adidas ultra boost ST and Reebok harmony road to be more comfortable. Have all save for harmony road [don't like the current color schemes] and was looking forward to buy the vapormax. It is NA in my size. UK 9.

Read reviews and was reported that it is not as comfortable. So, I am in a fix plus unavailability is one issue as well.
Old 8th August 2017, 13:57   #393
Senior - BHPian

Let me rate my experience of these brands over the years.
Comfort+ Looks- Nike
Longetivity+ Reasonably priced - Puma
Comfort+ longetivity+ Reasonably priced- Reebok
Looks but Overpriced and overrated - Asics
Worst of the lot- Adidas.

In short my brand preference is -
Nike
Reebok
Puma
Asics
Old 8th August 2017, 14:46   #394
Team-BHP Support

On other note, what kind of shoes to be worn on chinos, teamed with semi-formal [plain linen shirt in beige, white]?
Old 8th August 2017, 14:54   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
On other note, what kind of shoes to be worn on chinos, teamed with semi-formal [plain linen shirt in beige, white]?
Tan leather or suede-ish slip on shoes (even lace-up shoes for that matter) would probably go best with this getup, in my opinion.
Old 8th August 2017, 15:20   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Let me rate my experience of these brands over the years.
Comfort+ Looks- Nike
Looks but Overpriced and overrated - Asics
I have used Nike and Asics, so here are my views. For other brands I cannot comment.
I agree Nike shoes are much better looking that Asics. The reason being Nike makes shoes for every sport with equal weightage on performance as well as style whereas Asics only makes for running and a few selected sports mostly for the performance conscious.
Nike makes shoes in a wide budget range compared to Asics so you will not see lower priced Asics shoes. But if you compare both brands for same purpose the cost will be almost the same. For example, long distance running Nike shoes will cost same as Asics.
Personally I would rate Asics higher than Nike for running as Asics provides all round support to the feet compared to Nike. I had a condition plantar fasciitis for 6 months when I was using Nike shoes, but when I switched to Asics my condition improved dramatically.
Old 8th August 2017, 16:31   #397
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Tan leather or suede-ish slip on shoes (even lace-up shoes for that matter) would probably go best with this getup, in my opinion.
Slip on = loafers? I would prefer to avoid that as it appears just too common.

Can you people suggest something, look wise? And because I won't be wearing it everyday, I hope, it won't come off. Non usage of shoe results in this.

My only one formal shoe is lying in the cupboard, in past 5+ years, I have just won it thrice. And I got in for my wedding, so that makes it for two occasions only

Because I spend a bit on sports shoes, so would limit the budget to ~10K [lower the merrier ]
Old 8th August 2017, 16:35   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slip on = loafers? I would prefer to avoid that as it appears just too common.

Because I spend a bit on sports shoes, so would limit the budget to ~10K [lower the merrier ]
Yes I did mean loafers, but if you want to keep the look a little more formal, then you can look at fully laced brown/tan shoes (Oxford style shoes, possibly?). As far as budget is concerned, I think its perfectly possible to get a good pair of shoes for around INR 5-7 K.
Old 10th August 2017, 08:08   #399
Team-BHP Support

^ I see few of them by USPA, arrow & UCB, would they be as good as Clarks/Hush puppies?
Old 10th August 2017, 13:06   #400
Senior - BHPian

^ You may also check Indian brands like Ruosh, Brent etc.
Old 11th August 2017, 16:33   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ I see few of them by USPA, arrow & UCB, would they be as good as Clarks/Hush puppies?
Hush Puppies have very nice shoes. Extremely lightweight- thats their USP- fairly good quality leather, and also very soft and comfortable to wear. From personal experience, they are also pretty hard wearing and lasts for quite some time. relatively more expensive that brands in the similar bracket, but well worth the price. Don have much experience with Clarks though.
Old 12th August 2017, 03:11   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
I have used Nike and Asics, so here are my views. For other brands I cannot comment.
I agree Nike shoes are much better looking that Asics. The reason being Nike makes shoes for every sport with equal weightage on performance as well as style whereas Asics only makes for running and a few selected sports mostly for the performance conscious.
Nike makes shoes in a wide budget range compared to Asics so you will not see lower priced Asics shoes. But if you compare both brands for same purpose the cost will be almost the same. For example, long distance running Nike shoes will cost same as Asics.
Personally I would rate Asics higher than Nike for running as Asics provides all round support to the feet compared to Nike. I had a condition plantar fasciitis for 6 months when I was using Nike shoes, but when I switched to Asics my condition improved dramatically.
Have you tried using Nike Free shoes. They are very light weight and soft.

Also Nike has two categories:
Sportswear - for normal lower priced day to day use
Performance - for pro athletes, high quality costlier ones
Old 12th August 2017, 10:58   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Have you tried using Nike Free shoes. They are very light weight and soft.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was using Nike sportswear shoes earlier. I didn't try the Nike free, before buying Asics I tried Nike Air shoes but felt more comfortable in Asics.
Old 16th August 2017, 17:07   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
In today's world the words Nike or Asics have become too generic. They make such a huge range of different shoes for different applications that one has to be very specific about sub-brands and model names to talk about them.

Even within their range of running shoes there are completely different types. Some are minimalistic, some meant for casual runners, some for elite runners - the range is mind boggling. Before spending a fortune on them it is best to do some research on individual models and then take a call.

Retailing culture for sports goods in India is pathetic, to say the least. The shopkeepers who sell you the shoes are as good as illiterates. They have no idea as to what they are selling. So it is best not to depend on them but do your own research.
Old 6th August 2018, 17:53   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Was looking for some driving friendly shoes.
Finally bought this one considering design & discount available:

https://Youtu.be/Hsrd2TrxdHs
After Drift Cat 5, comes Drift Cat 7

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_4688.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_4689.jpg

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_4691.jpg

+Improved fit & more comfortable.
+Made in Indonesia.
+Costs only 2.3k after Paytm cashback.
+Shipped & handled by Puma India.

Remember to buy 1 size larger than your sport shoes like Nike.

https://paytmmall.com/puma-unisex-bm...hild_site_id=6
Closed Thread

Most Viewed