Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 12:13   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

I too feel the Reebok/Adidas we buy in India is not of the same quality as the ones bought abroad. My wife's one year old Rbk floaters have started to come off at the seams, just like the Bata ones which cost about a third of the former. In contrast, my colleague's Rbk floaters bought three years ago at Newzealand are still solid.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:31   #272
BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I too feel the Reebok/Adidas we buy in India is not of the same quality as the ones bought abroad. My wife's one year old Rbk floaters have started to come off at the seams, just like the Bata ones which cost about a third of the former. In contrast, my colleague's Rbk floaters bought three years ago at Newzealand are still solid.
+1. My observation is similar. Majority of the products offered in India are substandard compared to what they offer abroad. While the price is comparable, quality is not .
Old 26th September 2011, 12:35   #273
Senior - BHPian

^^I have concluded it makes more sense to stick with Bata brands and source the others from abroad whenever I could. I find Hush Puppies, Power to be very comfortable and good value for money.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:41   #274
Team-BHP Support

If you know your size, you can just order from Amazon.com and get International quality product for almost the same price you pay in India. I do that a lot, I buy all my trousers and Jeans from Amazon.com, might do the same for shoes in future.

The Lee Cooper causal shoes I bought few months back just tore at the seams. Really disappointed with the quality of these well known brands in India.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 13:00   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you know your size, you can just order from Amazon.com and get International quality product for almost the same price you pay in India. I do that a lot, I buy all my trousers and Jeans from Amazon.com, might do the same for shoes in future.
Agree Samurai that Ordering is convinient for most of the products these days. I am not sure whether it will work for the shoes though. Most of us prefer to try the shoes before buying. Although the sizes are fairly standard, the width and inside structure of the shoe can make a big difference.

Possible way out is to try similar model/brand in India (if available) and then order online
Old 28th September 2011, 18:39   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

The Lee Cooper causal shoes I bought few months back just tore at the seams. Really disappointed with the quality of these well known brands in India.
Thank You very much, Samurai.

I never really considered that as an option.

Are their any issues, regarding shipping or duties/customs when ordering from Amazon? Have you ever had any issues related to size/poor fitting?

Is there any way to return the products if you are not satisfied, or if they are defective. Also, will the warranty by valid in India?

I'd really appreciate any information you could share, because this really really sounds like a brilliant idea!
Old 28th September 2011, 19:44   #277
BHPian

My next soccer cleats - custom made Adi' Predators

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-predator-x-custom.jpg
Old 30th September 2011, 05:17   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
+1. My observation is similar. Majority of the products offered in India are substandard compared to what they offer abroad. While the price is comparable, quality is not .
I've noticed a pair of Ecco shoes with cracked soles at the store. The shoes typically cost 9-10K so I'd expect the shoes to remain intact (or checked to make sure they aren't damaged) at least while they're being sold. Shelling out 5-figures for a pair of shoes should mean more than shelling out 3-figures for cheap pair that barely lasts a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^I have concluded it makes more sense to stick with Bata brands and source the others from abroad whenever I could. I find Hush Puppies, Power to be very comfortable and good value for money.
I've noticed that the Bata stores sell Hush Puppies too. I wonder if Bata is a contract manufacturer for Hush Puppies or it simply has a retail distribution agreement with them.
Old 30th September 2011, 09:24   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I've noticed that the Bata stores sell Hush Puppies too. I wonder if Bata is a contract manufacturer for Hush Puppies or it simply has a retail distribution agreement with them.
I have bought a couple of pairs of Hush Puppies at the Bata store and the pack says they are manufactured by Bata. I find the quality to be quite good and find them very comfortable + durable.

They sell Scholl and Reebok as well, but don't make them.
Old 30th September 2011, 09:45   #280
BHPian

A couple of days back, Reebok has been asked to pay $25M fine by the US Federal Trade Commission for incorrect advertising its "toning" shoes could measurably strengthen the muscles in the legs, thighs and buttocks.

Full Article: Reebok to pay $25M over toning shoe claims | HeraldTribune.com

Looks like it's not going to happen here.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/10176864.cms

Their, MD says, "The FTC's claim is not regarding India and our current campaign is not affected. The FTC claim is regarding an old campaign" So, different country different treatment again.

Last edited by AdityaLN : 30th September 2011 at 09:49.
AdityaLN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 15:37   #281
BANNED

Does anybody have any idea about the New Balance shoes. These shoes have "N" on both sides of the shoe.Just like Nike,Puma,etc.

Can somebody help me find them in Mumbai?
Old 11th December 2011, 16:25   #282
BHPian

I have extremely long feet and its very very difficult to source shoes in India for my size?Does anyone know where in Bangalore I can get a pair of formal shoes in size 12/13?
Old 11th December 2011, 18:01   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I have extremely long feet and its very very difficult to source shoes in India for my size?Does anyone know where in Bangalore I can get a pair of formal shoes in size 12/13?
No idea about BLR but if you are interested in buying online, check Men's Shoes - Buy Branded Shoes for Men, Casuals, Formal Footwear & Sports Shoes out. You can select your shoe size in the left menu.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:08   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
Does anybody have any idea about the New Balance shoes. These shoes have "N" on both sides of the shoe.Just like Nike,Puma,etc.

Can somebody help me find them in Mumbai?
New balance shoes are pretty good shoes for running. I don't think you can find them in India (I mean retail sales). Better to try on amazon.com.
But the best shoe site in the world is www.eastbay.com. The only problem is they don't accept Indian credit cards.
When I was in the US I had about 40+ pairs (no kidding!). Most of them were for basketball and most were Air Jordans by Nike. I also own a pair of which only 2000 were manufactured for each size. Right now I think I must have around 20+ pairs.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:25   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
New balance shoes are pretty good shoes for running. I don't think you can find them in India (I mean retail sales). Better to try on amazon.com.
But the best shoe site in the world is www.eastbay.com. The only problem is they don't accept Indian credit cards.
When I was in the US I had about 40+ pairs (no kidding!). Most of them were for basketball and most were Air Jordans by Nike. I also own a pair of which only 2000 were manufactured for each size. Right now I think I must have around 20+ pairs.
I think NB shoes are officially available in India. Remember seeing them stocked at Shoppers Stop and a few other prominent retailers in B'lore a few years back. Guessing they should still be around.

Last edited by pranava999 : 12th December 2011 at 16:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks