Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 18:08   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am not sure if I do not know how to tie the lace or there was an issue with the lace in the shoes. LOL. Hence looking for slip ons.

I am open to laced sneakers as well if they provide good comfort. Yes no memory foam. Even the doc said the same.
Since we don't know you, will put the blame on the laces You can try non-tie laces like this https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007DLVLBQ/
As for shoes, try different options physically and buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Any particular reason why memory foam is to be avoided?
I believe it is because they are very soft and don't provide proper support.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 18:11   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Since we don't know you, will put the blame on the laces You can try non-tie laces like this https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B007DLVLBQ/
As for shoes, try different options physically and buy.
Thanks for giving the benefit of doubt

This product seems like a Godsend to me. Will definitely get it once I buy a new pair of shoes.

A bit of googling suggested me Asics gel shoes. Any idea if they are comfortable?
Old 13th January 2022, 18:32   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Worried about too many fakes on Amazon and the likes.
The simplest solution for that is whenever I get stuff from Amazon I filter out anything that is not sold by Cloudtail India. Till date in the past 10 years I have bought 3 Puma running Shoes, 2 Nike running shoes, 2 Hush Puppies leather chappals and 1 Hushpuppies leather shoes and not once did I have any doubt that they were not original.
Old 13th January 2022, 19:02   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
A bit of googling suggested me Asics gel shoes. Any idea if they are comfortable?
I am have been using Ascis Gel Pulse 12 for the past few months, and they are comfortable. Only used for walks and not runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
The simplest solution for that is whenever I get stuff from Amazon I filter out anything that is not sold by Cloudtail India. Till date in the past 10 years I have bought 3 Puma running Shoes, 2 Nike running shoes, 2 Hush Puppies leather chappals and 1 Hushpuppies leather shoes and not once did I have any doubt that they were not original.
Good for you. Of late, I have received a few fakes/wrong items from Cloudtail also.
Old 13th January 2022, 19:28   #470
BHPian

Kindly suggest good walking shoes with lace. Budget 2-3k (flexible). No particular brand in mind.
Old 4th February 2022, 15:53   #471
BHPian

Thought I'd share my recent purchase of Asics GT-1000 10 worth 8,999 /- from Asics India Online Store at...(hold your breath)...4,099 /- . A whooping 55% discount. Awesome pair of Shoes and very Comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20220204_151900.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20220204_152303.jpg  

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20220204_152400.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:39   #472
Senior - BHPian

Fake website alert: https://www.hushpuppiesindia.co.in/

This website is very well made and appears legit. The shipping rates are high but I didn't think much of it since I have seen that Nike, etc ship from outside of India. I had shared the link of the specific item to the nearby hush puppies store to check the availability and they also didn't call this out as a fake site.

Placed order and the payment went through without OTP. The SMS from the Citibank CC said I have been charged in CNY instead of INR. Didn't receive any email confirmation for the order as well. Searched for hush puppies customer care and was led to bata. Called them up and they said this is not their website and seems to be fake

Have raised a dispute with Citibank. Fingers crossed.
Jaguar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:26   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup, definitely fake. My work firewall didn't even allow the website to open.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:48   #474
Team-BHP Support

^I always, always place online orders through COD.

BTW, any of BHPians using this Nike shoe? Any feedback? This would mostly be used as daily usage shoe.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 15:35   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

BTW, any of BHPians using this Nike shoe? Any feedback? This would mostly be used as daily usage shoe.
COD was not available and only Mastercard was accepted, although on the previous page it had logos for all types of payments. Coming to think of it, I missed the red flags.

The review of the shoe says performance/grip in wet conditions is not good.
Old 3rd July 2022, 13:25   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone suggest good waterproof shoes which can withstand about 3-4 inches of running water/slush while walking during the monsoons? I need them. Decathlon has good options but sadly they're not that broad to accommodate my forefoot. I don't need gum boots.
Old 21st July 2022, 19:49   #477
Senior - BHPian

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-img_20220630_145302-1.jpg

After around 10 months and 1360 KM, retired Brooks Ricochet 3 and switched to Hoka One One Bondi 7.

I wanted to go back to Brooks Glycerine (I realized that I am not made for temp shoes - give me comfortable cushion shoes any day, and I am a happy camper) but sadly there was no stock of Glycerine 19 in my size and Glycerine 20 will be launched by September (as told by Brooks store and Whatsapp customer care).

I have put around 150 Km till now (got the shoe on June 30th, the first run was on July 2nd) including 2 HMs, and here are my first impressions:

Positive:
  • Comfy - you really feel like you are running on a cloud. Road imperfections do not filter through the shoe.
  • Grip - Have tried the shoes on the tarmac, gravel, and wet surfaces - while it is no trail shoes, the shoes offer adequate grip and give the confidence to run.
  • Fit - Fit to size and fits like a glove. The upper is thick and the memory foam around the upper on the heel side locks in heels while offering good comfort.

Cons:
  • Heat - The air circulation inside the shoe is not good and subsequently, your feel will sweat if you run long (more than 1 - 1.30 hours). But, this is not a deal breaker and can be remedied by using socks that have good moisture-wicking properties.
  • Ok - this is a little bit tricky and I really don't know how to put it into words. When you really push yourself (say 5 to sub 5 pace), I feel my left foot (especially the 2nd smallest finger) feels the soul pattern inside the shoe. Not a major concern and nothing which stops you from enjoying the shoes, but still a nagging feeling, nevertheless.

Verdict:
It is a close match between Bondi 7 and Glycerine 18, but Glycerine 18 wins it by a narrow margin. If I have never tried Glycerine 18 before, I would have been over the moon with my Bondi 7, but since I already tasted Glycerin 18, Bondi 7 leaves with the feeling that it falls short by a tiny margin.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 15:57   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thought I'd share my recent purchase of Asics GT-1000 10 worth 8,999 /- from Asics India Online Store at...(hold your breath)...4,099 /- . A whooping 55% discount. Awesome pair of Shoes and very Comfortable.
I had bought Metrolite slip on from Asics website and was delighted with the quality and the quick service. Based on the good experience i just bought another pair ( Patriot 12 ). This shoe turned out to be a big disappointment. It feels like a 700 rs shoe bought from a road side hawker. The sole is rock hard. I t is very slippery. My foot keeps slipping of the accelerator paddle while driving. Never had experience like this before. Wondering if I was sent a fake. You never know this is India after all. The people managing the warehouse maybe doing something hanky panky.
Old 15th August 2022, 10:22   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I had bought Metrolite slip on from Asics website and was delighted with the quality and the quick service. Based on the good experience i just bought another pair ( Patriot 12 ). This shoe turned out to be a big disappointment. It feels like a 700 rs shoe bought from a road side hawker. The sole is rock hard. I t is very slippery. My foot keeps slipping of the accelerator paddle while driving. Never had experience like this before. Wondering if I was sent a fake. You never know this is India after all. The people managing the warehouse maybe doing something hanky panky.
That might be a possibility. Though, if you ordered from the Asics Online Store, chances of receiving a fake should be very less. I had also ordered Asics Patriot 11 from Asics Online a couple of years ago, and though it looks a tad small, it is snug fit and it felt Ok to me. Sole Comfort is not out of the world and it is much better on my GT-1000 10, but it is decent and not Hard. Nor did i face any slipping issues. You can try raising a complaint and ask for a replacement, if possible.
Old 21st August 2022, 22:24   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I was also interested in this shoe but ended up buying the Winflo 8 Shield instead when I got a great deal.

https://www.nike.com/in/t/wio-8-shie...g-shoes-Qx20Q4

Forget Michelin, Pirelli. Talk Nike, Reebok Shoes here. Your "treads" thread-20220510_164832.jpg

For trail running, Nike offers Wildhorse & Terra Kiger series as well. From what i heard, Pegasus Trail fits right between these two in terms of Stability < -- > Speed.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks