Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2014, 08:06   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Just read in the paper this morning that Karnataka Govt. has banned four web based taxi operators including Zoom car following the Uber controversy.

What...is this true? How is Zoom even a taxi operator? It is a pure play self drive rental agency with nothing in common with the likes of Uber and Ola!
Old 12th December 2014, 09:04   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What...is this true? How is Zoom even a taxi operator? It is a pure play self drive rental agency with nothing in common with the likes of Uber and Ola!
Yes if news reports are to be believed http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cnb...s_1250841.html

Considering all the controversies surrounding cab agencies, Zoom makes a strong case for itself as it gives cars for self drive only. I am sure they will sort out the technicalities with the Govt. soon.
Old 12th December 2014, 09:06   #333
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Ban on Zoom car cannot be on safety grounds. You don't even get a driver (verified or otherwise) with Zoom car to put your safety at risk.

Here is the news from TOI:

Quote:
In a move that could deprive commuters of quicker, safer and cheaper modes of transport, the Karnataka government on Thursday suspended four web-based cab operators in the wake of an advisory from the Centre to the states and Union territories. The services banned are Uber, TaxiForSure, Carzonrent and Zoomcar.

The central advisory had called for a halt to operations of unregistered taxi agencies.
Link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/45484359.cms
Old 12th December 2014, 09:46   #334
BHPian

Hi folks,

A moment back I have got the following email from Zoom:

Quote:
Dear Zoomcar Members,

We have a very important message to deliver to our community.

Some online news publications like 'Times of India', 'Business Standard', and 'New Indian Express' have INCORRECTLY reported that Zoomcar has been banned by the Karnataka Transport Department from operating it's vehicles in Bangalore.

We would like to clarify directly to our members, that Zoomcar is NOT a taxi operator, provider or aggregator, and has NOT been banned from operating in Bangalore, (or Pune, or Gurgaon NCR). We have confirmed this directly with the Karnataka Transport Department.

We are purely a Self-Drive car rental company and we do NOT operate any other form of commercial transport service nor are associated in any way to any taxi operators. Our service model is very different from how taxi operators, providers or aggregate function.

Zoomcars can only be driven by members who sign up with us and hold a valid driver's license issued in India (or a valid equivalent international licence). Anyone who is not registered with us, or is not the owner of the booking made, is not authorized to drive any of our vehicles.

Our website at www.zoomcar.com and Mobile Apps are live and accepting bookings as normal. All our operations are, and will continue to function normally without any foreseen disruption. All bookings starting today or later will be valid and fulfilled as normal.

Keep Zooming!
Greg Moran and David Back
Hope this clears the air, at least for Bangalore folks

Last edited by noopster : 15th December 2014 at 15:57.
hillsnrains is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 10:51   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post

Dear Zoomcar Members,

We have a very important message to deliver to our community.

...........All our operations are, and will continue to function normally without any foreseen disruption. All bookings starting today or later will be valid and fulfilled as normal.

Keep Zooming!
Greg Moran and David Back
I too had received the mailer. However, I'd still called up their number to check on my upcoming booking and was categorically informed that they are up and running and there is no ruling against them. So, that's some solace.

But, I'm still wary of over eager cops or RTO guys flagging down Zoom cars and demanding all sorts of details. Will know only when I use it for the planned one week.
Old 12th December 2014, 13:41   #336
Team-BHP Support

Not only they are alive, seems to be kicking too!

The newest Merc on the block seems to have been added to the fleet.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-image.jpg  

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 19:49   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not only they are alive, seems to be kicking too!

Though its been added to the fleet, there's not a single slot available to book it.
Old 13th December 2014, 19:55   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Though its been added to the fleet, there's not a single slot available to book it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yes they have taken delivery of 3 Merc GLAs (200 CDI Style variant in Red color with black interiors) and these should be available shortly. I guess 1 GLA for Bangalore and 2 for Pune.

Edit: Seems available for booking in Pune at 2 locations, but not available for next 2 months in Bangalore

On the other end of the spectrum, they have added the Nano Twist as well to their fleet.

Last edited by uday.ere : 13th December 2014 at 20:13.
Old 13th December 2014, 21:17   #339
BHPian

My family, friends, and I were supposed to happily enjoy the services of Zoomcar today. However, an hour before the commencement of the booking, the Zoomcar representative called and told me that car meant for me had met with an accident, and that they do not have any replacements or backups to provide.

I told the guy how the entire day's schedule hinged on having the car. But the personnel repeatedly stated that they did not have any replacements or backups to provide.

Well, what more could I do. We cancelled the day's plans

I most certainly have no idea about the nuances of running a self-drive fleet. However it was very appalling that they do not always plan for and ensure the availability of a backup.

Just the other day someone did ask me, 'What if the car meant for you is not returned in time or meets with an accident?'
I confidently replied, 'Zoomcar management seems enterprising and professional enough to plan ahead for addressing such very probable exigencies.'

I have to say that I ate those fine words for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today

I have used Zoomcar before, and was impressed. Note the "was".
This incident has left a dented feeling for now!

Last edited by Miel : 13th December 2014 at 21:19. Reason: Spelling
Miel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 21:30   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
On the other end of the spectrum, they have added the Nano Twist as well to their fleet.
Any idea about the rates? I don't see it listed in the site yet.
Old 13th December 2014, 21:44   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any idea about the rates? I don't see it listed in the site yet.
Picked it up from their Facebook page, they have listed it at 49/- per hour.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:30   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
My family, friends, and I were supposed to happily enjoy the services of Zoomcar today. However, an hour before the commencement of the booking, the Zoomcar representative called and told me that car meant for me had met with an accident, and that they do not have any replacements or backups to provide.

I told the guy how the entire day's schedule hinged on having the car. But the personnel repeatedly stated that they did not have any replacements or backups to provide.
.........l!
Asking just out of curiosity, which car did you book? And did they not offer any other car, not even a different model? That's too bad on Zoomcars part.
Old 15th December 2014, 14:01   #343
Team-BHP Support

Understandable that a particular car/model may be out-of-service or unavailable for whatever reason, but they didn't have ANYTHING to offer as a replacement for a confirmed booking? If true, very poor service.
Old 15th December 2014, 15:03   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post

It is understandable if there is no backup vehicle at a particular location but it is hard to believe that they do not have any model available across the city, may be at a different location. Just to confirm before putting the blame on them, did you mention it was okay for you to wait for some time if they could arrange a car from some other location?
Old 15th December 2014, 15:46   #345
Team-BHP Support

They usually have backup vehicles. I remember member Shrivs had booked a Figo but was given a Vento as backup since the Figo had met with an accident.

It looks like weekend and that too near the year end plus their operations in Pune and Delhi means they have not been able to have backup vehicles.

I am not getting a single SUV (Safari, Scorpio or XUV) during the christmas weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks