Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 18:48   #211
BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

I can see this promotion applied to my account. Pretty mysterious. It says 0% off.
Anyone can clarify what is this promotion actually?

Active

0% off 5000 trips up to ₨ 100.00 in Pune between 06PM UTC on November 19, 2014 and 06PM UTC on March 20, 2015
Old 24th November 2014, 20:12   #212
BHPian

I didn't get a discount on ubergo in Pune. Weird.
Old 24th November 2014, 20:51   #213
BHPian

Have hardly got to see a cab in their newly launched UberGo category in Bangalore. Uber X is usually in surge price mode while Uber Black is on the higher side for a single person ride.
But, their cars are easily available in Jayanagar and Basavanagudi areas.
Old 24th November 2014, 21:00   #214
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Have hardly got to see a cab in their newly launched UberGo category in Bangalore. Uber X is usually in surge price mode while Uber Black is on the higher side for a single person ride.
But, their cars are easily available in Jayanagar and Basavanagudi areas.
Yup looks like demand has shot up big time in Bangalore. Uber X on days like Friday's is at surge pricing throughout the day. UberGo looks like is still in trial period with lesser vehicles plying.

Hopefully things change and UberGo and UberX share the load earlier on UberX to make it easier for commuters.

You can never get a car from 9am to 11am and 5pm - 7pm at normal rates, it's always at Surge pricing.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:36   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
(although Mod Ajmat ended up in a cramped Fiesta once).
Saturday Night, gang of us decide to meet up. In my area, only Uber Black, I got a Corolla, another couple who live up the road got the same lady driven Fiesta. They did crib on paying Uber Black rates for the Fiesta.

The same lady featured in ET. She rakes in Rs 45000 per month!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 13:34   #216
BHPian

Got an email from Uber :

5 Free rides till Sunday Nov 30 worth Rs. 300 each if you choose "Wallet" as payment method.

I think Uber has gone completely insane or it is just very very aggressive marketing campaign.

Or Am I missing something here?

Last edited by athanedar : 26th November 2014 at 13:48.
athanedar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:09   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Got an email from Uber :

5 Free rides till Sunday Nov 30 worth Rs. 300 each if you choose "Wallet" as payment method.

I think Uber has gone completely insane or it is just very very aggressive marketing campaign.

Even I got this email. Yes, they've gone insane but primarily because they're successful out of India and got VC funding to blow out their competitors here. The way I see it, its a VC v/s VC competition of who can sustain the top funding. Now we have to wait and watch how the other players will sustain. I really wonder how investors mathematics work. Are they doing this to gain monopoly / huge market share? Wont there be risks even after they do that? So many questions. But for the time being, Of course the winner is the consumer.

And being a son of the soil, avail the discounts, I shall.
jagzrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 14:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Got an email from Uber :

1. I have seen such offers in Singapore by Uber and usually such cabs are not available

2. Their credit card facility is about to expire and hence this offer to shift uber loyalists to an alternate mode of payment (mobile wallet - which is already in place in Ola and Meru)

On an unrelated note, I had my first bad experience with Uber yesterday (37 rides so far). The drivers mobile device ran out of battery and I had to get out of the cab without him turning his meter "off". I finally got an sms and invoice 30 mins post my drive completion where I was billed for 34 mins of time more (distance was fine) just because the drive ended my trip late. I tried to get on uber website for some kind of grievance redressal link but there seems to be none for this particular issue. When faced a similar situation with Ola premium a few months back, I was charged only upto the distance that was last updated in the drivers device (30% less than usual).
Old 26th November 2014, 20:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

I was eager to try Uber for the first time this week with the 5 free rides.

Sadly, the Windows Phone app doesn't support adding Paytm Wallet as a payment option.

A little disappointing to be honest.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 21:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

A quick query: does Uber account, created in India and associated with mobile number here, work outside India?
Old 26th November 2014, 22:01   #221
BHPian

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
A quick query: does Uber account, created in India and associated with mobile number here, work outside India?

Yes it should. However make sure you call the driver after requesting cab. Because he might see your india mobile and get confused. And yes your India credit card will get charged which is saved in uber account. You may want to add alternate payment method.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 00:08   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Just change your mobile no from your profile in the app.

I had downloaded my app and used it in the US originally. I'm still being charged directly to my card, haven't been forced to use the prepaid wallet. Does this happen to everyone?
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 12:26   #223
BHPian

Is credit card compulsory for booking Uber cabs? I don't have one. Can debit card be used?
Old 27th November 2014, 12:46   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Is credit card compulsory for booking Uber cabs? I don't have one. Can debit card be used?
Link your account to Paytm wallet and top up the wallet using your debit card. From December this will be the only payment method for Uber as the RBI has insisted on 2 step verification for all card transactions and the deadline for Uber is end Nov. 2014
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 13:46   #225
BHPian

This morning woke up late and decided to get an Uber to office, as I simply did not want to drive in the maddening traffic. Initially it showed no cabs available - for about 10 minutes, I mean none, Go, X & Black - none were available.

Later though UberX cabs started showing up - booked one and it reached me in 10 minutes flat. Somehow had missed the promotion email but was plesantly surprised with the final price!

Must say, this is addictive. Specially not to drive in Bangalore office hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks