Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:53   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The pop up in the app as well as all their FB feeds and their blog clearly mentioned upto 6PM Sunday.

http://blog.uber.com/freeweekINDIA

What you got was the normal 45% discount till March 2015.
Thanks. I must have missed that fine print then. No worries.

I hope they do take my feedback on that driver complaint seriously though.
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:01   #242
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Went down and saw a Meru cab with Ola stickers today. Got confuses as I had actually booked an Uber!!!

Meru wasn't paying him enough so he moved to Ola and now Uber. The driver responds to both Ola or Uber to earn more.

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-10357139_10154882752415150_7180794745906981423_n.jpg

ps: don't miss the ford wheel caps on a Mahindra Verito. lol
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:04   #243
BHPian

After this change to Paytm, I am just unable to get the app on android to connect to paytm. It keeps giving me an error. Thins I tried:

1. Reinstalled the app
2. Created the paytm account on the paytm and then tried again

I just dont know how to get this going now.
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:16   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went down and saw a Meru cab with Ola stickers today. Got confuses as I had actually booked an Uber!!!

Meru wasn't paying him enough so he moved to Ola and now Uber. The driver responds to both Ola or Uber to earn more.

Attachment 1314765

ps: don't miss the ford wheel caps on a Mahindra Verito. lol
That is really hilarious..!! I thought atleast Uber used to inspect the cars and make sure some minimum standard is maintained. This car clearly proves that is not the case. The least thing they should have done, be to ask the driver to remove the OLA logo.
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:19   #245
BHPian

Quote:
The pop up in the app as well as all their FB feeds and their blog clearly mentioned upto 6PM Sunday.

http://blog.uber.com/freeweekINDIA

What you got was the normal 45% discount till March 2015.
There was one more promocode "UberCDWallet" which let users ride free from Nov 30, 6:00 pm till 11:59 pm on Dec 1.
This was published on www.uberpromo.in website.
Looks like Uber themselves have created this site.
Old 3rd December 2014, 23:04   #246
BHPian

Had my first Uber experience. Booked Uber Black from CV Raman Nagar to Bangalore University near Kengeri to attend a wedding reception along with a couple of friends. Was expecting an Audi A6 or E class , but a humble Toyota Innova gets allotted. The service was good.

Took us 1 hr to reach the destination in dense city traffic and the bill came up to Rs 522. And using PayTM wallet, its a cashless transaction.

Cheers
Old 4th December 2014, 06:05   #247
BHPian

I have dropped my car for service which is 11.5 kms away from my house. I remember adding paytm wallet to my uber app so thought I would give it a try. Raised a request in the app and a cab arrived in 10 mins. It was an indigo CS. Car was fairly tidy with no rattles. Driver was courteous and very disciplined on the road.

After I got off the cab, I was expecting a msg or a trip summary from uber but nothing happened. No money was charged, no email, no sms nothing! What could be the reason? Is the free 5 rides offer still applicable?
Old 4th December 2014, 07:25   #248
BHPian

Open the app and see if it gives you a trip amount and review request. If that's not happened you could log into uber.com and check your invoices.
Old 4th December 2014, 09:06   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
What could be the reason? Is the free 5 rides offer still applicable?
If this was your first uber ride, I think there was some offer about your very first ride along with paytm being free.
Old 4th December 2014, 22:56   #250
BHPian

Got an email from uber with an invoice and trip details. I was charged after all but after 24 hours!
Old 4th December 2014, 23:05   #251
Senior - BHPian

The Uber app for Windows Phone hasn't been update to show the Paytm option yet!

I have Rs. 900 in credits and no way to use them!
Old 7th December 2014, 07:01   #252
BHPian

As I had been saying all along not much has changed on the supply side of things i.e drivers being educated,trained most of these agencies do a 2 hour orientation at the maximum and have very minscule ground staff.There is this report of an unfortunate incident coming in from Delhi http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/06/ube...ntent=FaceBook
Old 7th December 2014, 07:15   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masin4 View Post
As I had been saying all along not much has changed on the supply side of things i.e drivers being educated,trained most of these agencies do a 2 hour orientation at the maximum and have very minscule ground staff.There is this report of an unfortunate incident coming in from Delhi http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/06/ube...ntent=FaceBook
How exactly is Uber or any company going to stop an employee who may rape? Even the present Govt has a minister who is a rape accused!

Question is if he had prior antecedents, background check was done before recruitment & company had all his personal info to identify him quickly.
Old 7th December 2014, 07:50   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
How exactly is Uber or any company going to stop an employee who may rape?

Question is if he had prior antecedents, background check was done before recruitment & company had all his personal info to identify him quickly.
Uber could have in this case easily had a red flag if the driver switched off the GPS tracking without finishing the trip near the actual location.
But all if this is conjecture and no one can be sure for certain. Uber could do very little to stop the incident but at least they can help in tracking the car/incident spot.

What the lady could have done is not take the can if the photo that is sent does not match. We equally need to be vigilant, specifically ladies. My prayers with the victim for a speedy recovery.
Old 7th December 2014, 08:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
How exactly is Uber or any company going to stop an employee who may rape? Even the present Govt has a minister who is a rape accused!

gsurya,I agree that companies cannot do anything towards that, however my point has been with such a less inventory itself they have not been paying much focus on the driver training orientation ,background checks etc since in the run up to compete among themselves they are having a very simple sign up process and 2 hour orientation on how to operate the app etc.As has been mentioned earlier there is no change in the way from a local taxiwallh on recruitment of drivers.We as consumes should not get carried away by all the hype around these companies and start thinking of these cab aggregators having made fundamental changes in the service delivery model of Cabs as a business.All these guys have done is opened a new channel for connecting consumers with the drivers and are foregoing the commission that the earlier broker(local cab wallah) charged basis the VC money.They do very little in way of audits,training's etc to improve the supply side of cabs.Also in this particular case as mentioned by Pratyush red flag was not raised when GPS was turned off.Or how can the passenger be sure the person that is being sent is the same person that has signed up with the cab company since none of these operators have the driver info cards that exist as in case of autorickshaws in Bangalore.One more feature that i found missing in these cars is the "registered with police" stickers in Hyderabad that i could see in most cars but all the TFS,OLA,Uber cabs that I used i didnt see them .So there are a lot of things like this that these companies are not focusing on in the mad race to gain consumers

Last edited by masin4 : 7th December 2014 at 08:16. Reason: Added content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks