Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 10:19   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
PS : Oops. Just saw from earlier posts that this is happening to others as well. Please ignore this post; sorry. We'll all enjoy the free ride ![/i]
Krishnagiri toll had this issue before, but they started deducting for the missed transactions at later dates, sometimes even after a month's gap.

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th July 2017 at 10:20.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:09   #1112

Got Fastagged last Saturday while returning from Bangalore International Airport. Parked the car before the Devanahalli toll plaza and walked up the office where Fastag representative sits. Srinath (Fastag representative from ICICI bank) filled the form, collected documents and walked to my car to paste the tag. The tag was already active, however I received the SMS from ICICI bank after 1 hour. Happily crossed the toll plaza using Fastag lane. I didn't see if tag reader read my tag. Also no amount have been deducted till date. Wondering if this was a free pass or amount will get deducted later.

Now all set to use Fastag when I will drive to Vellore tomorrow. Will share the experience post drive.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:39   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Just went ahead with the ICICI fastag person suggested here in this thread (Nagesh), and sent him the following documents via whatsapp yesterday:
  1. RC copy
    DL copy
    PP size photo

Also did an NEFT of Rs. 510 towards the ICICI ETC POOL A/C.

Today, checked with him, and he informed me that the process has been initiated and he should be able to get it couriered to my home by this Friday. Will share once I receive it.
So finally received my Fastag today. The rep came to my home to deliver the same. When I logged into the tag account, I see Rs. 200 as tag deposit and Rs. 105 as available balance. Recharged it with Rs. 500.

All set to test it tomorrow
Old 28th July 2017, 18:19   #1114
Senior - BHPian

There is a NHAI Toll Plaza at Savaleshwar on Solapur-Pune Road with following gps co-ordinates- 17.764801,75.755951

As our home comes within 20 Kms Radius from that Toll Plaza, we got a Local Monthly Pass for our both cars for Rs. 245/- each that is valid for one month. Normally, the Two Way (Return) Toll Charges are Rs.80/-.

We got a RFID TAG stuck below IRVM for the above PASS that lets the car Pass through FASTag Lane.
This TAG is valid only for that particular Toll Plaza.

Now we want to get a Common FASTag that is discussed in this thread (that can be used at all NHAI Toll Plazas). I have no problem sticking another RFID Tag below the First One. But I don't want the Savaleshwar Toll Plaza (the one whose local Monthly Pass is availed) to debit the Toll Charges to my account as I have stuck a Common FASTag.

Please guide on this.

On a side note, We will be availing the New FASTag of SBI.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th July 2017 at 18:22.
Old 28th July 2017, 19:08   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
On a side note, We will be availing the New FASTag of SBI.
Why don't you try fastag from ICICI? In ICICI, i can see option of monthly pass for the toll plaza you have mentioned.

PS: i never used/tried pass feature from icici fastag. I just noticed and suggesting the same
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.png  

Old 28th July 2017, 21:05   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Using TWO FASTags on A Single Car (LMV).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Why don't you try fastag from ICICI? In ICICI, i can see option of monthly pass for the toll plaza you have mentioned.
Sir,
You did not understand my query.
My problems-
1. I don't want to remove the LOCAL Monthly Pass FASTag that costs me just Rs.245/- as against Normal Monthly Pass that costs Rs. 17XX/- (I guess Rs. 1735 or 1785/-).

2. I don't want to get charged at the Savaleshwar Toll Plaza with the New RFID of SBI (or any Bank for that matter) as I already have the LOCAL Monthly Pass for that Toll Plaza.

Sorry if I was not clear enough previously.
Old 28th July 2017, 21:31   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we want to get a Common FASTag that is discussed in this thread (that can be used at all NHAI Toll Plazas). I have no problem sticking another RFID Tag below the First One. But I don't want the Savaleshwar Toll Plaza (the one whose local Monthly Pass is availed) to debit the Toll Charges to my account as I have stuck a Common FASTag.

Please guide on this.
The easiest way is to get the Fastag and not paste it on the windscreen, rather just take it from the bank and put a plastic film on it - so that the adhesive doesn't stick. Then, on your outstation trips, simply stick it to the windscreen using a cello tape. For your local usage you can take it down so that it doesn't charge you.

The other alternative I can think of is pasting the new Fastag on your Sun Visor. This way most of the times when you are using your local toll plaza, only the monthly pass tag is scanned. When going at other toll plazas, you can flip the visor down so that the tag now faces the windscreen and it can get scanned. This option is only to be used if they insist on sticking the tag.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 09:26   #1118
BHPian

Re: Using TWO FASTags on A Single Car (LMV).

Quote:
1. I don't want to remove the LOCAL Monthly Pass FASTag that costs me just Rs.245/- as against Normal Monthly Pass that costs Rs. 17XX/- (I guess Rs. 1735 or 1785/-).

2. I don't want to get charged at the Savaleshwar Toll Plaza with the New RFID of SBI (or any Bank for that matter) as I already have the LOCAL Monthly Pass for that Toll Plaza.
Within the pan India FasTag, an option exists to take a monthly, daily and/or a return pass valid for a specific toll. I don't know whether it will debit you 245/- or 1,735/- or 1,785/-. Because. I did not understand the difference between a 245/- pass and the other 1,7xx pass.
I do not know how it works or will it even work as I have never used it.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-1.jpg
Old 29th July 2017, 14:14   #1119
BHPian

Re: Using TWO FASTags on A Single Car (LMV).

Quote:
As our home comes within 20 Kms Radius from that Toll Plaza, we got a Local Monthly Pass for our both cars for Rs. 245/- each that is valid for one month. Normally, the Two Way (Return) Toll Charges are Rs.80/-.

This concessioned pass can also be availed on the FasTag, as per the ICICI FasTag FAQ Page. It states as below:

Quote:
You will need to submit your documents to the concessionaire validating your residence within 10km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post

PS: i never used/tried pass feature from icici fastag. I just noticed and suggesting the same
I have also not tried it personally as BETPL pass is not available on FasTag, but looks like one has to visit the concessionaire in person to get the discounted pass. Maybe an option to renew it (auto renew) is available once approved.

Quote:
Sir,
You did not understand my query.
My problems-

Sorry if I was not clear enough previously.
This problem can be solved if you manage to get the discounted pass on FasTag. You can avoid using two tags, as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The easiest way is to get the Fastag and not paste it on the windscreen, rather just take it from the bank and put a plastic film on it - so that the adhesive doesn't stick. Then, on your outstation trips, simply stick it to the windscreen using a cello tape. For your local usage you can take it down so that it doesn't charge you.

The other alternative I can think of is pasting the new Fastag on your Sun Visor. This way most of the times when you are using your local toll plaza, only the monthly pass tag is scanned. When going at other toll plazas, you can flip the visor down so that the tag now faces the windscreen and it can get scanned. This option is only to be used if they insist on sticking the tag.
The first is the method I use as I have a BETPL pass as well as FasTag for long distance. The second method is a good one and would save the trouble of removing and sticking the FasTag each time!
Old 29th July 2017, 19:15   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Within the pan India FasTag, an option exists to take a monthly, daily and/or a return pass valid for a specific toll.
I am not aware of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I did not understand the difference between a 245/- pass and the other 1,7xx pass.
I do not know how it works or will it even work as I have never used it.
If the LMV vehicle owner's address comes within 20kms Radius of that NHAI Toll Plaza, s/he can avail Local Monthly Pass for Rs.245/- (Has to be renewed every month through Cash Only) that will be valid on the FASTag Lanes of that Particular Toll Plaza only.

But if the LMV vehicle owner's address exceeds 20kms Radius of that NHAI Toll Plaza, s/he has to avail Monthly Pass for Rs. 1785/- (Don't know payment methods available for renewal in this case) that will be valid on the FASTag Lanes of that Particular Toll Plaza only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
This concessioned pass can also be availed on the FasTag, as per the ICICI FasTag FAQ Page.
This problem can be solved if you manage to get the discounted pass on FasTag. You can avoid using two tags, as well!
I want to go for SBI Tag as I we have a current account in SBI and we are thinking to link that account for Toll Payment.

Just now while going through FAQs of SBI FASTags, I noticed the following-
Quote:
Q33. I reside within 10 km of a particular toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?

Ans. You can purchase a FASTag to avail the concessions. Once you purchase the FASTag, you will need to submit the required documents (proof of residence) at the Acquiring Bank POS location to validate your residence within 10km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle.
I will enquire about this at our SBI Branch as well as that Toll Plaza.

Thank you all for your help.
Old 29th July 2017, 19:28   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
But one doubt I have left is this: Some tolls don't have a boom barrier at the end. So what happens if a person with zero balance in the tag enters those tolls since he can anyway pass through?!
Anybody who has experienced this?

Quote:

I want to go for SBI Tag as I we have a current account in SBI and we are thinking to link that account for Toll Payment.
The FasTag account is a separate account which has nothing to do with an existing account, in the case of ICICI, Axis, etc. This account gets linked to your tag. I guess it's no different for SBI.
Quote:
Just now while going through FAQs of SBI FASTags, I noticed the following-
Yeah, that is a provision by NHAI and is available irrespective of the the issuing bank.

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2017 at 19:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:29   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Got this SMS from ICICI couple of days back.

So that means NPCI or NHAI is delaying payments to bank.

This could also be one of the reason toll operators are not keen to shift to Fastag. Other reason being the obvious black money part.
I too got the same message in the last week of July.
Today morning, I was credited the cashback for the month of May-2017
Received the following SMS from ICICI bank:

Quote:
Dear customer, Total cashback of Rs.85.57 has been credited on eligible Tag accounts under your customer Id no. 10xxxx25 on 01/08/2017 towards the toll usage for the period 01st to 31st May 2017.
Cashback works out to be exactly 7.5% of my toll charges
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:47   #1123
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how reliable is IDFC Fastag these days? I have the option of getting the IDFC tag onto my SX4 since it is available at the Hoskote Toll booth which is closer to my travel routes compared to going to Devanhalli for the ICICI tag. I have the ICICI tag on Celerio and it is working flawlessly when it comes to toll deductions, recharge as well as reversal of double charges and so on. Should I go for an IDFC tag or stick to ICICI?
Old 2nd August 2017, 10:31   #1124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys, how reliable is IDFC Fastag these days? I have the option of getting the IDFC tag onto my SX4 since it is available at the Hoskote Toll booth which is closer to my travel routes compared to going to Devanhalli for the ICICI tag. I have the ICICI tag on Celerio and it is working flawlessly when it comes to toll deductions, recharge as well as reversal of double charges and so on. Should I go for an IDFC tag or stick to ICICI?
It has been working well for me
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:45   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

If you really want ICICI why don't you just place enquiry through SMS. It worked for me seamlessly. Didn't have to drive even a 100 metres to get it. The person came and collected everything, and once processed came and gave the tag. The complete process took around a week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks