Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 13:08   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
May be because girls will be less inclined to cheat?
Or maybe because most men will not bother fighting with girls and leave.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:17   #197
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
was not sure, if i had been cheated or so
Don't worry, this happened to me as well. And yes, they are right when they say that they cannot tamper with the system.

Did you check the level of fuel in the car's guage or did you calculate to see how much (quantity) was present in both bills and see if that added up to the normal capacity of your tank?

When this happened to me, the manager inside who was swiping my card did a tally of both quantities and it came to 32 litres and he then told me that 32.45 litres had been filled which was right because my Alto's tank capacity is 35 litres and there was about 3 litres or so when I came to the bunk.

I swear by Shell for their quality, service and sincerity!

Cheers,
gpa
Old 29th July 2009, 14:25   #198
Senior - BHPian

@ikoneer
I have been filling at the Shell bunk,Chromepet for the past 2.5 years. Never had any issues. I can vouch for this because I tank up for my bike also here. It is very easy to check while filling a bike. From reserve to brim full in my Splendor happens within 10 litres at Shell. In most PSU bunks this will take 10.5 - 11 litres. I am talking of instances only when I go to the bunks within 5 KM of hitting reserve.

@pranavt
That is cynical man! I never had an occasion to quarrel, leave alone give it up. Women generally (99%) tend not to cheat. They don't form syndicates to go to TASMAC shops at night, which requires money filched from customers during day time! Had travelled by autos diriven by women on a couple of occasions, and was impressed by their politeness, the way they charged exact fair as per meter and returned the change. That is as rare as snowfall in Chennai!

Last edited by Gansan : 29th July 2009 at 14:29.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:49   #199
BHPian

@gpa, the total litres of both the bills were more or less correct, so had to agree with them. But how would you prove or argue to them saying that i had so much litres already in the car and there is a discrepancy if the no of litres in the bill are much less than the vehicle's capacity.

@gansan, yes i do believe that shell's system is fool proof and hence did not argue with them and paid when they gave the explanation. But since @gpa has also faced similar problem as me, i hope we need to be more careful whether shell or any psu
Old 5th August 2009, 14:43   #200
BANNED

I have heard that its always better to refuel at company owned petrol pumps. Even in my personal experience, I have seen getting more mileage when I fill the fuel at company owned petrol pumps.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:54   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
I have heard that its always better to refuel at company owned petrol pumps. Even in my personal experience, I have seen getting more mileage when I fill the fuel at company owned petrol pumps.
Sadly thats not the case anymore. I was tried to be chumped at the RTO petrol pump here in Pune. Its traditionally the best bunk out here to fill up. Apart from the fact that it saddened me that even this place has gone to the rats I aptly slapped the worker who tried his luck a second and third time by mentioning that I said 200ka / 600ka instead of 1000.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:25   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Sadly thats not the case anymore. I was tried to be chumped at the RTO petrol pump here in Pune. Its traditionally the best bunk out here to fill up. Apart from the fact that it saddened me that even this place has gone to the rats I aptly slapped the worker who tried his luck a second and third time by mentioning that I said 200ka / 600ka instead of 1000.
That pump isn't company owned anymore. Fyi...
Old 5th August 2009, 16:09   #203
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Whats the source of the info that its not company operated anymore? The last time I filled up from there, the bill still showed COCO?!?!

Though its of course not like Shell, its the only pump I fill up from, besides Shell. Have never had a bad experience there till date.

One bad thing is that they no longer get the receipt printed by the dispenser itself.

One doubt that I have is that the density reading since the last month or 2 shows a drop. Am gonna keep a close watch on the fuel efficiency I get, to see if there is any possible adulteration...

I even tried to get the Sales Officer's phone number... but could not see it displayed anywhere. If anybody has it, please consider bringing the above and other issues to his notice and followup...
Old 5th August 2009, 16:49   #204
Senior - BHPian

This is really frustrating.... went thru the BPCL site, but there are no contact numbers of any officers. Nor is the online form working!

Most unprofessional...
Old 5th August 2009, 17:36   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
This is really frustrating.... went thru the BPCL site, but there are no contact numbers of any officers. Nor is the online form working!

Most unprofessional...
Look here and contact them
Old 5th August 2009, 23:16   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
That pump isn't company owned anymore. Fyi...
Really? I mean where did you get that info. Thats quite a shocker!
Old 6th August 2009, 01:41   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Look here and contact them
Forgot about that... thank! Just called them up. And I can hardly belive it - he told me their systems are down, so he can't take a complaint! Did I just call a telco??

Guys from Pune, and those frequenting that bunk please consider complaining too. Complaints -

1) They aren't using their the bill printers in the dispensers

2) One of the air gauges is grossly incorrect.

3) Ph. no. of Sales Officer not displayed.

4) Air dispensers are often just closed down (esp. in the evenings and nights).

5) Besides this... the BPCL site does not mention the contact details of any relevant officers nor is the complaint form working.
Old 9th August 2009, 09:21   #208
Senior - BHPian

Tanked up yesterday at the Shell near lalbaug. Another wonderful experience. I parked got after a soothing 'namaste' from the gentleman.
Asked him to tank up. He asked me if I wanted a windshield wipe. I said yes. He pointed out I was running on a flat tyre.
I guess it got completely out of air just as I reached the gas station.

As I was hopelessly asking for a puncture repair shop, the man asks me if I have a spare. I say yes. He asks me to park near the refreshments cabin and changes the tyre for me for free
I tell you people, it doesn't get better than this. I entered the refreshment area and picked up some chips and tropic mango nectar and a Ferrari scale model. I asked for a shell sticker. He gave me 5.

I can't imagine what were to happen if it were some other bunk.
Usually it is a huge time loss to get a tyre done. But I was on the road in 10 minutes. The man seemed more than happy to help. No frustration at all. Every worker at the pump who came in the cabin came in with a smile and an earnest greeting. Wow is a very small word. Kudos Shell.
Attached Thumbnails
Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1959.jpg  

Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1958.jpg  

Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1960.jpg  

Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1961.jpg  

Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1962.jpg  

Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations-image1969.jpg  

Old 9th August 2009, 19:37   #209
Senior - BHPian

Finally got thru to the BPCL toll free helpline and registered a complaint couple of days ago. Lets see what response I get...
Old 9th August 2009, 21:22   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Tanked up yesterday at the Shell near lalbaug. Another wonderful experience. I parked got after a soothing 'namaste' from the gentleman.
Asked him to tank up. He asked me if I wanted a windshield wipe. I said yes. He pointed out I was running on a flat tyre.
I guess it got completely out of air just as I reached the gas station.

As I was hopelessly asking for a puncture repair shop, the man asks me if I have a spare. I say yes. He asks me to park near the refreshments cabin and changes the tyre for me for free
I tell you people, it doesn't get better than this. I entered the refreshment area and picked up some chips and tropic mango nectar and a Ferrari scale model. I asked for a shell sticker. He gave me 5.

I can't imagine what were to happen if it were some other bunk.
Amen to that brother! There is a world of difference between Shell and other bunks.

As for what would have happened at some other bunk, that one is easy. They will point out the flat tyre to you, and while you stand looking at it forlornly and rue your fate, they will short fill the petrol and filch your money!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks