Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 22:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
IND plates clearly visible too. Only issue was out of state registration and no zero on the plates.
Looks like they are considering this as defective number plate. In addition, I think there may also be suspicion on high value cars registered in certain states in order to evade tax. I hope they also stop those AR (Arunachal Pradesh) registered buses plying between South Indian cities/towns.
Old 10th November 2020, 23:10   #107
Senior - BHPian

Just returned from Bangalore after spending 4 days there with my TN registered Fiesta. Thanks to this thread, I was aware that the traffic police are on a roll, but I simply was not prepared for the number of police around the city. It was as if they were all on high alert to avert some dangerous situation.

While my car has all the papers right, I have a 3M transparent sun film installed, the kind of film that they will need to lower the window and use their finger nails to point out. So I played it safe by sticking behind some KA registered car at all times, especially at signals where I would be a sitting duck

Having got back safely, I now feel like having been to Pakistan illegally on some spy mission
aravind.anand is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 12:01   #108
BHPian

Clicking on "Search and pay violations by vehicle number" is not working on BTP site. Called up the help desk number but they informed I need to call traffic police number. Any other place I can check the fines?

Few days back I stopped and was waiting in the car on R T Nagar main road while my wife went out to pharmacy across the street to buy medicines. I neither blocked the traffic nor parked in No Parking zone. Unfortunately for me a traffic cop arrived on a bike, snapped the number plate of my car and another car a few meters ahead on his mobile. Told him I will moving in a couple of minutes but he just nodded and left. Not sure if I will be fined now and need to check.
Old 6th December 2020, 13:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Few days back I stopped and was waiting in the car on R T Nagar main road while my wife went out to pharmacy across the street to buy medicines... Not sure if I will be fined now and need to check.
If you were sitting in the car then legally it is halting. Unless there was a no halting board around, I think you should be good to go.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:52   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
If you were sitting in the car then legally it is halting. Unless there was a no halting board around, I think you should be good to go.
I have seen this often. People park their cars in No parking side and the driver will be sitting in it. Often the the entire length of the road will be filled like this. Someone making a run to the nearest shop to buy something quick may be understood but I have seen people abusing this for hours.

Is this legal? This must be a loophole or complete abuse of rule of law.
Old 6th December 2020, 14:02   #111
BHPian

Just yesterday I was on the Electronic City Flyover going from Electronic City to Koramangala. I didn't pay attention to the speed limit since I recall seeing it to be 80kmph earlier.

I was cruising at about 80...just like other motorists, only to see cops ahead asking me to pull over! A car ahead of me raced away hoodwinking the cops.

I had my mask on. I had my papers in order. So I stopped only to be told I was doing 80 on a 60 limit! A fine of 1000/-. I offered card, they insisted cash. I told them 500 cash...take it or leave it.

Wonder when and why the speed limit got reduced on this stretch.
Miyata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 14:08   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
There is no No parking, No halting or anything there. It is not even a congested road and lot of cars park there everyday. In fact I am aware where the No parking zone is on this entire stretch. I have parked umpteen number of times in the past as I stay here. That is why I need to know if I am penalized wrongly but cannot find if I have been now.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 6th December 2020 at 14:11.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 14:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Just yesterday I was on the Electronic City Flyover going from Electronic City to Koramangala. I didn't pay attention to the speed limit since I recall seeing it to be 80kmph earlier.

I was cruising at about 80...just like other motorists, only to see cops ahead asking me to pull over! A car ahead of me raced away hoodwinking the cops.

I had my mask on. I had my papers in order. So I stopped only to be told I was doing 80 on a 60 limit! A fine of 1000/-. I offered card, they insisted cash. I told them 500 cash...take it or leave it.

Wonder when and why the speed limit got reduced on this stretch.
The limit was changed long ago, must be over two years now. There is only one spot where the cops wait and regulars like me slow down just at the turn.

The speed limit was reduced to 60 after some biker got thrown of his bike and died from a fall. I'm sure this can happen if a car hits a bike at 60 kmph too, that's a different discussion. The state needs the fines now, alcohol sales have dropped and higher taxes reduced consumption. Did they settle for cash?
avira_tk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:14   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Did they settle for cash?
Thanks for the information. Wasn't aware of this.

Yes, they in fact wanted only cash. Settled for 500/-. I did not yet make a mental note of the bend around which these guys setup camp and trap. Will do that next time I take this path.
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:30   #115
BHPian

60 kmph is rubbish!. You can't even get into top gear in some cars. I understand that without speed limits, morons will go to any extent. But 80 is somewhat more tolerant.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 21:43   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
60 kmph is rubbish!. You can't even get into top gear in some cars. I understand that without speed limits, morons will go to any extent. But 80 is somewhat more tolerant.
Copsugalu don't know yanything, wonly duddu.

A cop pulled me to the side because of a rookie Swift driver who stalled the car, jamming me inbetween the line at yellow and then red, I was ethical enough to hang there till the green signal while the cop saw everything, and as I moved he made an indication to stop (Swift was still parked btw) and I rolled the window down and literally told him to buzz off as he saw why I got stuck and told him I'll go to the locality station to complain of this harassment if necessary and he waved me off.

I tell you, I've always hated Mi as a brand but seeing that branding on their bright orange safety vests has taken the hate to another level.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 21:58   #117
BHPian

its great that while these guys are checking for violations, terrorists, making up for lost revenue and all that, on our already choked roads they're yet another bottleneck and that really gets my goat. i hate it when i endure a jam and come out on the other side only to find thats its the mamas who have created the jam.

secondly, they've completely stopped directing or controlling traffic. its just collecting fines, all the time. sigh.
AbelAFC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:25   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Unfortunately for me a traffic cop arrived on a bike, snapped the number plate of my car and another car a few meters ahead on his mobile. .
I think they also check for pending payments for past violations. They would have some kind of app to check this - you can see them looking at number plates and typing in on their phones.
Old 7th December 2020, 14:49   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think they also check for pending payments for past violations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Copsugalu don't know yanything, wonly duddu...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
secondly, they've completely stopped directing or controlling traffic. its just collecting fines, all the time. sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Thanks for the information. Wasn't aware of this.

Yes, they in fact wanted only cash. Settled for 500/-. I did not yet make a mental note of the bend around which these guys setup camp and trap. Will do that next time I take this path.
They want cash. That's why the online portals are not working. Whoever said computerization would solve the corruption problem - just a few steps away now from large scale backend fraud, systems and people working at the online portals and the back offices are being prepared (I guess there are some honest people causing problems!), beware.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:58   #120
BHPian

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this point in the previous posts :

Do not pay any fine by cash for the current/old violation/fines they want to charge. If you have noticed, they insist you to pay in cash with all drama like card machine not working/ATM is near by/transfer to somebody by PayTM/UPI & take cash (yes, even this happens - don't transfer money to some stranger).

Don't feel content for getting a printed receipt for the cash fine paid. You can guess what can be done to such receipts from the backend.

Always pay by your credit/debit card which they swipe on their card readers for collecting fine!! They are responsible to have an electronic payment option if they want to collect money on the spot.

If paying by UPI, do verify whom you are really paying the money to! Best is to say NO to such payment requests n stick to a card payment.

Sorry for the bold & underlined text. Share this with others as well! Thank you.
null is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks