Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 11:40   #76
BHPian

Re: Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
I am yet to get my head around the PUC certificate, why someone who is driving a BSIV petrol car should get a dubious certificate every six months or so, just to keep cops happy.
For BS4 the PUC Certificate is actually valid for 1 year.
Yakuza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 16:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Nope, not for vehicles manufactured (or registered, I am not sure) before 2017.

My May 2015 registered Jetta is BS4 and is only eligible for the six-month validity, not the one-year one.

Cheers
Old 28th October 2020, 17:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
My May 2015 registered Jetta is BS4 and is only eligible for the six-month validity, not the one-year one.
Please have a look at the highlighted part of the PUC certificate. All BS4 vehicles are eligible to receive it for one year.

Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore-img_20201028_170712.jpg

However, the kiosks deliberately issue certificates valid only for six months; that way, they will have repeat business twice a year. Even when people in the know demand a yearly validity, they act as if a favour is being bestowed upon the customer and issue it at double the actual cost printed on the certificate.

The problem, or rather the loophole, lies in the software being used by the Government of Karnataka. It has an option of selecting not just the duration of validity but also the applicable pollution norms. I have seen instances of pre 2010 cars being marked BS4 and issued a year's validity. I have also seen - in cases similar to yours - where in spite of actually being BS4 and rightfully eligible, cars aren't given validity for a year.

One has to be assertive and demand one's right here. But most car owners don't do it as it is just a matter of the cost of two litres of fuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post

Last edited by dailydriver : 28th October 2020 at 17:28.
dailydriver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 18:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have one year validity for my vehicle (December 2015 registration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
One has to be assertive and demand one's right here. But most car owners don't do it as it is just a matter of the cost of two litres of fuel.
Many vehicle owners are not aware of one year validity for BS-IV, although information is available right on the certificate, many of us don't read in details. PUC test centres take advantage of the same. Last year I had to do some arguments to get one year validity, but this year they gave me one year validity without any question as my previous certificate was with one year validity issued by the same test centre.
Attached Thumbnails
Widespread traffic police checking in Bangalore-img_20200905_125850.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 28th October 2020 at 18:02.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 19:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
My 2013 328i gets a PUC for 1 year. BS4 mentioned on my RC as well.
Old 28th October 2020, 19:20   #81
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The emission testing center where you're getting it done isn't honest, do check if they're uploading the details of your car's test to the RTO website. If it's there, you can see what they've mentioned in the engine emission norm category (probably BS III or lower instead of BS IV).

*This topic has been discussed earlier in detail on another thread, so let's not repeat it here and go
Old 29th October 2020, 15:14   #82
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Unambiguous mask mandate now from BBMP. Beware even if alone in the car.
Mandatory mask rule when alone in a car has been withdrawn after outcry on social media.
https://newskarnataka.com/bangalore/...nside-car-rule
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 15:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Please have a look at the highlighted part of the PUC certificate. All BS4 vehicles are eligible to receive it for one year.

*SNIP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
*SNIP*

Many vehicle owners are not aware of one year validity for BS-IV, although information is available right on the certificate, many of us don't read in details. *SNIP*
I am aware of the one year validity for BS4, and I do read my certificate properly before leaving; and yes it does say that BS4 is eligible for one year validity; however, the testing centres insist (I have tried three of them) that while that may be true the system only lets them enter one year validity for post-2017 cars.

My certs do say BS4 for my car. And yes, I realise now I am being taken for a ride by these people, but I have no way of contradicting them when they say their system does not let them do it.

Thanks, both of you, and cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 16:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I am aware of the one year validity for BS4, and I do read my certificate properly before leaving; and yes it does say that BS4 is eligible for one year validity; however, the testing centres insist (I have tried three of them) that while that may be true the system only lets them enter one year validity for post-2017 cars.

My certs do say BS4 for my car. And yes, I realise now I am being taken for a ride by these people, but I have no way of contradicting them when they say their system does not let them do it.

Thanks, both of you, and cheers
I had the same problem for my car (Feb-2016 manufactured) when I visited the PUC center attached to HP Fuel Bunk near DRDO Phase-1 township, C V Raman Nagar.
BHPian NPV suggested me instead to visit Indian Oil Bunk near Indiranagar BDA Complex on Old Madras Road. Last 2 years I've got PUC with 1-year validity from there. If you are from East Bangalore, you could try the PUC center in this bunk.

Good luck.

Edit: My car is BS-IV Petrol.

Last edited by srvm : 29th October 2020 at 16:06.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 16:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
however, the testing centres insist (I have tried three of them) that while that may be true the system only lets them enter one year validity for post-2017 cars.
Mine is a 2015 Diesel car (S-Cross 1.3) and I do get the PUC valid for 1 year.
I get it from the HP fuel station next to Brookfield mall - ITPL Main Road - Bangalore.
Just for reference.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 21:58   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Bengaluru: BBMP’s mask mandate for solo motorists has triggered outrage on social media .

Quote:
Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP) latest rule making it mandatory for solo motorists in four-wheelers to wear a mask, even if the windows of their automobiles are rolled up, has triggered outrage on social media, with users lambasting the civic body for its “mindless” directive.
Some even suggested that it has to do with the fact that BBMP marshals have been set targets to fine those not wearing masks.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 00:49   #87
BHPian

I’m planning to drive down to Bangalore with my MH registered vehicle. Should I expect frequent checks in Bangalore? I have my PUC, Insurance, RC, DL.
Old 30th October 2020, 04:31   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I’m planning to drive down to Bangalore with my MH registered vehicle. Should I expect frequent checks in Bangalore? I have my PUC, Insurance, RC, DL.
Just keep few toll slips with you and show them if stopped, you should be fine.
Old 31st October 2020, 11:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

This was waiting to happen

Asked to pay Rs 42,000 fine, Bengaluru man leaves bike with cops

Quote:
“The cases were pending for two years. Most of the violations were for jumping traffic signals and triple riding. Hence, he was asked to pay Rs 42,500 as penalty. He said that the value of the two-wheeler was less than Rs 30,000 and he will not pay the penalty,” the police said. Following his refusal to pay the penalty, the police seized the vehicle.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:28   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
The punishment can go beyond fines and lead to imprisonment if the cops want to enforce it. Honestly if the person is a repeat offender to the tune of amassing so many challans, jail time would serve a better purpose.
warrioraks is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks