Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 12:34   #16
BHPian

A Real Stupid act by the Bus driver and for the local public encouraging the act " Real Uncultured Behaviour ". The bus driver had no right to act like that. He could have called the traffic police, who could have towed the car away, but he had no rights to even scratch the car. For all those supporting the bus driver, just imagine urself in the place of the car owner...it HURTS ONLY when we see our propertly getting damaged..Typical Indian Mentality :-)
Old 14th May 2007, 12:36   #17
BHPian

one mad person mowing down another mad person's car (unless he had a true medical reason to park there)
......... and another two hundred mad people cheering him on!

God help my Motherland!
Old 14th May 2007, 12:48   #18
BHPian

Totally unruly behaviour.

As pathetic as the behaviour sounds, am honestly unsure how many of us would have held our cool if We had been part of that traffic snarl.

Why cant the public push the car around or try atleast before elating the drivers intention to damage the car, utterly nonsense. What if the bus driver wanted to make room to the rear and ran over vehicles standing behind the bus!!! Where are we going!!!
Old 14th May 2007, 12:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

It is quite apalling to see something like this happening in a city where the upper middle class is quite visible. For the attitude of some of our members here & those people who supposedly egged the driver, i have one thing to ask, so when is your friggin turn ?
Generally, only those who do not have cars have this attitude towards cars & their owners. so to a certain extent, i can understand the general public's attitude, but absolutely that even some of our members have the same attitude.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 14th May 2007 at 13:05.
Old 14th May 2007, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
A Real Stupid act by the Bus driver and for the local public encouraging the act " Real Uncultured Behaviour ". The bus driver had no right to act like that. He could have called the traffic police, who could have towed the car away, but he had no rights to even scratch the car. For all those supporting the bus driver, just imagine urself in the place of the car owner...it HURTS ONLY when we see our propertly getting damaged..Typical Indian Mentality :-)
Totaly agree, It would have been a completely differrent picture! For a moment i thought about me going through the entire set of events, Damn.. Cannot even relate.
Old 14th May 2007, 13:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes the person who parked the car in the middle of the road was irresponsible,but the bus drivers behavior was not all acceptable.Normally there would/should have been some guard at the hospital gate,what was he doing.

But would the bus have been able to go over the car completely,rather would the force not have nudged the car forwards.
Old 14th May 2007, 13:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

@W_12 : Pal, cool down plz. Vid was referring to some unscruplous elements who indulge in such behaviour. He has also corrected his stance here. He hasnt made a sweeping statement against any community in particular.

As for the topic at hand.. quite a sad thing to be reading. The car may be parked there illegally for whatever reason, but its definitely not anyone's business to mow it down. BMTC drvers think they own the road which explains they way they cut across lanes to get to a bus stop, stop bang in the middle of a busy road, and so on. Being egged on in such destructive endeavours is definitely not something that is called for.
Old 14th May 2007, 13:31   #23
BHPian

I am not supporting anyone here.

I have used this road long back almost everyday. I know this turn which is near Green city Hospital. This hospital has parking space as well. And this turn being very narrow, if I am not wrong, has "No Parking" sign as well. There is a huge traffic on this road from both sides with loads of BMTC buses. To make things worst, this small stretch (200 mts) if gets blocked, will turn into huge traffic jam on the adjoining roads as well, and in no time, this place turns into a mess and no one can move an inch on either side.

I guess this happens very frequently here. Looks like this is the day when this car in question had to take all the frustration of people who use this road frequently.

Whom can we blame? I can see three irresponsible parties here. The car owner, the bus driver and the police. Police is still busy catching the two wheelers for minor offenses and ignoring such big offenses.

Whom to blame? We (including all of us, the car owner, BMTC and ofcourse the police) have long way to go....

Last edited by Selective : 14th May 2007 at 13:35.
Old 14th May 2007, 13:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

No Matter What, I can only say one thing, "The Bus Driver has no right to do so", He shud have blocked the road and asked the local police fellow...Never seen such a attitude from Blr bus drivers...
Probably the daily congesion is taking a toll on the driver's psyche that forced him to do that murderous act...

Since the car looked new, probably the driver might be new as well and no so aware of his parking senses...Unfortunately this became a very costly lesson for him...

Overall Bus Driver should not have done this at the first place....It is sad that some folks are supporting the driver in this forum....

Abhi
Old 14th May 2007, 13:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its also called Mob Mentality.
Old 14th May 2007, 14:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

What if there had been a small child/elderly person in the car?

Quote:
The drivers kept honking for sometime but no one turned up to remove the car.
For all we know, the driver might have waited for all of 2 minutes before deciding to mow down the car. Bad traffic and bad road manners have taken a toll on our patience.
Old 14th May 2007, 14:03   #27
BHPian

In Jayanagr / Banashankari area, where I stay , Illegal parking inconveniencing residents is endemic. The area has many small / medium IT companies and the employees conveniently park their cars in front of gates early in the morning , and vanish for the day. Residents have a major problem taking out their cars / bikes. Repeated call / emails./ letters to the companies have not helped., inspite of no parking boards/ requests. infact one of them said they pay regular bribe to police and we can do whatever want.

One day a resident of the area and a family friend could not take out his car to shift his sick father to hospital ., as one wise guy had parked obstructing half his gate. He had to call and wait for an ambulance.

SO now some residents do whatever they want , if some car is obstructing their entrance..some get it towed away , some slash tires and one guy famously poured a litre of black paint on a brand new white ford fiesta , which was blocking his gate for the full weekend. , forcing him to park his 2 cars in the street for 2 nights because of that. ( no parking boards and please do not park request are on almost every gate )

Result ? Very few cars parked obstructing entrances now.

Surprising how even the educated refuse to follow the law , unless some one starts showing a stick.

(I am neither condoning nor supporting vandalism against cars )
Old 14th May 2007, 14:11   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I am not supporting anyone here.

Whom to blame? We (including all of us, the car owner, BMTC and ofcourse the police) have long way to go....

Selective, I must congratulate you on having the most sensible post in this thread.
Old 14th May 2007, 14:33   #29
BHPian

Hang on, Hang on. Lets clear up some facts first.

1) Its possible that the guy had an emergency in the hospital, but then there is ample parking inside that hospital. There was no reason for him to leave the car in a turning. *And*, very important, in case the car belonged to a patient or visitor to the hospital, the security guard outside would have the brains to go in a get the owner or at least tell the public to wait for sometime. I'm sure the BMTC drivers are not that rock-headed. I mentioned that hospital just as a landmark for people who are familiar with that area.
2) There is a restaurant in the vicinity. Most of the visitors park their cars along that road and stroll away.
3) Its not like there was an old man or anything in the car. Obviously people would have checked before taking such an action. I was told that there was a jam for nearly 15-20 mins before the bus driver decided to do something about it. It was not a hit and run case as you would think.

4) Most important. You would understand my sentiment if you live in that area and have to pass by that road daily. People park their cars and bikes anywhere and everywhere they want in that road. It is a very narrow road through which two skilled bus drivers can just pass by each other and the people don't have sense to give way to the traffic on the road.

I do think that it was not right on the drivers part to do such a thing and I definitely dont encourage such behaviour, but then there are times when someone takes law into his hands and I firmly believe this was one such incident. I know relatives and people who have been killed/affected by recklessness of BMTC drivers but this is one incident where I am with that BMTC driver.
Old 14th May 2007, 15:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
In Jayanagr / Banashankari area, where I stay , Illegal parking inconveniencing residents is endemic. The area has many small / medium IT companies and the employees conveniently park their cars in front of gates early in the morning , and vanish for the day. Residents have a major problem taking out their cars / bikes. Repeated call / emails./ letters to the companies have not helped., inspite of no parking boards/ requests. infact one of them said they pay regular bribe to police and we can do whatever want.

One day a resident of the area and a family friend could not take out his car to shift his sick father to hospital ., as one wise guy had parked obstructing half his gate. He had to call and wait for an ambulance.

SO now some residents do whatever they want , if some car is obstructing their entrance..some get it towed away , some slash tires and one guy famously poured a litre of black paint on a brand new white ford fiesta , which was blocking his gate for the full weekend. , forcing him to park his 2 cars in the street for 2 nights because of that. ( no parking boards and please do not park request are on almost every gate )

Result ? Very few cars parked obstructing entrances now.

Surprising how even the educated refuse to follow the law , unless some one starts showing a stick.

(I am neither condoning nor supporting vandalism against cars )

If a dog barks at any one he should bark back and prove who is bigger and stronger, common man we live in a civilized world and if any thing of that sort happens its always better to call the cops rather than creating a scene and proving the same old dog story. Its the people of a city who are responcible for its image. if someone had commited a blunder agree to others dont ever try to shield them, from your discription of parking issues i must say, most of the banglore people must have atlest once parked their cars illegally. And trust me if this kind of incedance happens to you (god forbid) how will you feel. One thing that i have noticed is that where ever i have been i have see bus drivers drive rash, its all because of a very simple reason which applies everywhere if a bus driver makes 12 trips inplace of 10 he will make more profit, so it is quite evident they drive rash, and wit this kind of support from the local public god knows tommorrw if they see children playing on the streets they might run over them. so dear fellow BHPins no one but you guys will understand the value of a personal car in life, and if some inconsiderate stupid does this to us will we tolarate it. so its good that some of the responsible and matured lot amongst us have critisized it so guys lets not throw stones at each others and respect other peoples hard earned vechiles. and w 12 please do not take offence on such small things we are all indians be proud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks