Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 15:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
And trust me if this kind of incedance happens to you (god forbid) how will you feel.
I cant even dream of that happening to my car.

Ok.agreed.The car driver shouldn't have parked the car in a wrong manner causing a halt to traffic movements, But...who in the world gave the BMTC driver to behave in such a manner.I think the car driver should be fined and the BMTC driver should be given proper (read harsh) punishement.If he is behaving in such a rude and harsh manner, I wonder what will be the fate of the people travelling in that bus.He can any day cause harm to all those people in and out the bus.

When pre-planned, I even avoid taking car to narrow roads with heavy traffic where I can'f find a parking slot.And when doing so, I check to see that I cause no inconvenice to other people using the road.Now i will be extra careful.

And its very sad that even the public is supporting this.Why people are being so selfish?
Old 14th May 2007, 15:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

The car needed to be moved.....period

Using a bus to move it was not necessary, they could have merely smashed a window, released handbrake etc and move car. Steering may have been locked but it could have been pushed out some how.

I used to face incidents of people parking in our parking area or blocking it off. Best way was to inconvenience them by blocking them or create posters on big a4 sheets advising them not to park again and using nice wet sloppy paper glue, paste it on the windscreen in the driver line of sight. Messy and inconvenient but no damage
Old 14th May 2007, 16:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
I'm sure the BMTC drivers are not that rock-headed.
Are you sure, really ?

Quote:
3) Its not like there was an old man or anything in the car. Obviously people would have checked before taking such an action.
Really, did they ? i dont think there was any civilized soul in that vicinity.

Quote:
It was not a hit and run case as you would think.
you are right. it was a hit & jeer case, a little different from the hit & run.

Quote:
4) Most important. You would understand my sentiment if you live in that area and have to pass by that road daily. People park their cars and bikes anywhere and everywhere they want in that road. It is a very narrow road through which two skilled bus drivers can just pass by each other and the people don't have sense to give way to the traffic on the road.
but this is one incident where I am with that BMTC driver.
Quite a typical situation in any part of this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I used to face incidents of people parking in our parking area or blocking it off. Best way was to inconvenience them by blocking them or create posters on big a4 sheets advising them not to park again and using nice wet sloppy paper glue, paste it on the windscreen in the driver line of sight. Messy and inconvenient but no damage
Thanks for the nice tip, ajmat. I have never been able to ward off my friendly neighbors.
Old 14th May 2007, 16:35   #34
LLL
BHPian

i think you Bangalore folks need some of our parking boys. They always carry a thin ruler. If a car is parked wrong, they release the window by inserting the ruler, release the handbrake and the car is rolled out of the way. Sometimes into the gutters, sometimes to a faraway location.

Had multiple instances of ppl parking their cars (with their handbrakes on) so as to block my car. A quick call/scold/threat to the parking guy brings out the ruler and sometimes all kinds of wires. (Never saw the wires in use...but i can only guess )
Old 14th May 2007, 17:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
i A quick call/scold/threat to the parking guy brings out the ruler and sometimes all kinds of wires. (Never saw the wires in use...but i can only guess )
@LLL That's exactly how things work out in Indeyeah !!
Old 14th May 2007, 17:17   #36
BHPian

^^^i don't think all cars can be opened with a ruler.
Old 14th May 2007, 18:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

I would have understood if an ambulance or any emergency vehicle driver did it. But a bus driver ??? What was the need? If 100 people are late by 1 hour because of an incorrectly parked vehichle, does it mean you have the right to smash the vehicle which costs Rs 4 lakhs+ out of the way?

It seems in India, other people's life and property has no value. When are we going to get rid of this crab/selfish mentality?

Bear in mind that its the insurance companies which will pay part of the cost. In other words, YOU (yes, YOU and I) will have to bear the cost via increased insurance premiums. I hope atleast this selfish motive will stop people from damaging others property (or cheering those lumpen elements).
Old 14th May 2007, 18:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
1. most of the banglore people must have atlest once parked their cars illegally. And trust me if this kind of incedance happens to you (god forbid) how will you feel. and w 12 please do not take offence on such small things we are all indians be proud.
1. Good to see your belief in Cops. MAy your tribe increase .

2. PArking in a no parking zone is illegal. parking to block the driveways of residents for days together is not only illegal and also inhuman.

3. IMO , We as car users also have to respect the rights of other road users , just as we want others to respect and value our cars, Blocking traffic and creating jams by parking in a noparking zone is certainly not respecting the rights of other road users.

4. I am a very proud Indian and also a very proud Kannadiga at the same time. One need not negate the other, atleast in my case.
Old 14th May 2007, 18:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever maybe the reason, it is wrong for the bus driver to take the law in in own hands and destruct somebody's property. Hope he is made to pay for this action. And, really bad part on spectators for egging him to do it.

Looks like patience is no more a virtue
Old 14th May 2007, 18:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
most of the banglore people must have atlest once parked their cars illegally. And trust me if this kind of incedance happens to you (god forbid) how will you feel.
I totally agree with you. We still brake rules, of any kind, which can be dangerous to fellow road users as well as to us, offenders. Doesnt really matters Bangalore or any other city/town in India.

But, I am just wondering, if someone has to take such a HUGE step to do something like this, what kind of frustration one must have built in them! Its not joke to do something like this infront of hundreds of people. When system starts failing so much to affect people's daily life, people will start taking such steps. Hope this is the last one we will get to hear.

I can forsee new one way rule in this area soon.

Unbelievable but true. Our system/policing has to improve by folds!

And again, I am trying to find the root cause, and not taking any sides.

Last edited by Selective : 14th May 2007 at 18:34.
Old 14th May 2007, 19:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I can forsee new one way rule in this area soon.

And again, I am trying to find the root cause, and not taking any sides.
While I am wondering where my third post in this thread is (which will clarify some doubts), I have one important observation.

This incident has been totally supressed in the media and especially in print media. I wonder why. I even cannot believe that such a thing happened if not for the large number of eye witness reports that I have heard. The papers jump around to report even the slightest of incident and accidents. This is something that is tantamount to taking law in ones own hands and is a very serious issue from my view. Its totally irresponsible for the papers to have let it go. Or maybe they did so to prevent the fire from spreading and prevent the occurance of more such incidents elsewhere in town.

Ha, one way and in these roads. When there are people who park in the middle of a two way road(not at all referring to this incident), how do you think anyone will respect a one way. Especially since the common man would have to exped a few ml more of his hard-earned petrol to go around to the nearest cross road and get back to the one way road.
Old 14th May 2007, 19:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
You say it was near the Hospital. It may be possible that due to some emergency the owner parked the car that way. Even if that was not the case, it no way justify the bus driver doing what he did. Totally pathetic and shameless. And you are cheering? Didnt expect this from a T-bhpian.
I completely agree with DCEite,

The same thing was in my mind. What would the driver had to reply if the situation was as said above???. What would all those who cheered the driver say in this case????
Old 14th May 2007, 20:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
... create posters on big a4 sheets advising them not to park again and using nice wet sloppy paper glue, paste it on the windscreen in the driver line of sight. Messy and inconvenient but no damage
Nice tip Gets the point across without hurting the owner.
Old 14th May 2007, 20:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Let me tell you what a bus driver in Madurai did when faced with a similar situation. The driver, the conductor and 6 other passengers got down and just rocked it out of the way with a heave and a ho!. Probaly busted his shocks but then , that was the least the car owner deserved.
Old 14th May 2007, 22:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

What do you do with these idiots who park in the middle of the road? There's a Nandini under the Aiport Rd flyover, and it's on a one way road. Often, idiots come down the wrong side of the one way to save 5 minutes after they've eaten bad Andhra food. I regularly block them and tell them to turn around. Used to be easier with the Safari, but a Baleno bearing down on them isn't easy to ignore either. And these are educated people who aren't too badly off. If they have no respect for other road users, why expect a BMTC driver to respect other people's property.

Just my 2 cents, before someone flames me.

And can we not start the whole Kannadiga/outsider thing. I've seen both sides of the tale, and they're both sad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks