Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 22:59   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
^^^i don't think all cars can be opened with a ruler.

Yes - some need a larger object - like a brick; perhaps not a much bigger object like a BMTC bus. As in the case of the car under discussion.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
idiots come down the wrong side of the one way to save 5 minutes after they've eaten bad Andhra food. I regularly block them and tell them to turn around.

uh-huh!! did you say andhra ? come on man , dont start another war.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:36   #48
Team-BHP Support

When my office was in 9th block Jayanagar, I have gone home in auto many times thanks to idiots who didn't know they shouldn't block driveways. I have come close to breaking glass or slashing tyre many times. But like an upright citizen, I called the police for tiger squad everytime. Once I even managed to stop a passing SI. He gave me two choices, he will slash the tyres for me which might ensure the car staying there for much longer, or he can call the police station for tiger squad. Not once did the tiger squad come and tow the vehicle. So much for prompt police action.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

Tiger squad ?? whats that? do they sniff out the owners of such cars? last i heard dogs were recruited for that job. damn afforestation.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:49   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not once did the tiger squad come and tow the vehicle.
This should be pretty good hint unless you want to ignore it.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Tiger squad ?? whats that? do they sniff out the owners of such cars? last i heard dogs were recruited for that job. damn afforestation.
In Bangalore the Tow trucks of Cops are known as Tiger Squads.. They will not sniff out anything.. They will just tow the vehicle in the worst possible manner you can imagine.. and multiply that imagination 20 times.. You will be the one trying to sniff their tracks if they have towed your vehicle.. As they will dump it in some police station..And God help you after that..

Godfather
Old 14th May 2007, 23:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, i knew as much guys. Was just trying to find some dry humour in the whole thing. Yeah, we have those real life heroes here too.
Old 15th May 2007, 00:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Appaling, in all respects be it the car driver, the bus driver, the general onlookers and even some comments on this forum.

Perhaps an indicator that we should all start at the basics first, Education and that too in proper sense of the term rather than some mere credentials.

I am sure there could be other better ways of dealing with the situation and still have all the desired effects.

As far as the onlookers, the general Mob prefers to see loss to people (property or otherwise) perceived to be wealthier than the average. Especially if inflicted by something that have the signs of the common man written on it, its the icing on the cake.
Old 15th May 2007, 00:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

As far as the onlookers, the general Mob prefers to see loss to people (property or otherwise) perceived to be wealthier than the average. Especially if inflicted by something that have the signs of the common man written on it, its the icing on the cake.
.. Completely.. If the same car belonged to one of US.. What would you do.. You would be flaming the BMTC driver on this forum and running from pillar to post trying to get some kind of compensation..
I totally disagree with the fact what the Driver has done.. He had no rights to take the law on his hands.. He should probably lose his lisence for it..
The car was outside a Hospital..80% chances are the owner would have been inside the hospital on emergency..And if he was and had to rush to buy something or get somebody to the hospital imagine what he would have gone through on seeing his vehicle...
This is completely the fault of the Cops...I hope the owner gets compensated for his loss

Godfather
Old 15th May 2007, 00:20   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I hope the owner gets compensated for his loss
By whom? The hospital? Or by the cops? He has a better chance with that hospital
Old 15th May 2007, 00:31   #56
Team-BHP Support

What were the cops doing? Where is the towing van when you need it most?
Smashing up a wrongly parked car is not the right thing to do. If it was, there would be no working autorickshaws in Bombay.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th May 2007 at 00:34.
Old 15th May 2007, 04:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

How much effort does it take 5-6 medium built persons to lift and move an Alto? But who will do it? Isn't it quite a shame to do physical stuff? (How many educated people in my office hesitate to hand push a neutral-parked car to get their own car out)

I remember when I was small, My Dad and a couple of Uncles lifted a Peugeot 504 Estate from a small drain the car had gotten into. I have also seen some wierd parking Ideas at one uncles place where he would back up his 800 and then he along with a couple of attendants would lift move the 800 (the front at one time and the rear at another) sideways into a slot to park their bigger car. So physically lifting the Alto is very much do-able.

But all this is immaterial, the onlookers must have derived collective pleasure in seeing damage in process.
Old 15th May 2007, 06:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
How much effort does it take 5-6 medium built persons to lift and move an Alto? But who will do it? Isn't it quite a shame to do physical stuff? (How many educated people in my office hesitate to hand push a neutral-parked car to get their own car out)

How much effort does it take to read a no parking board for an educated person and then park his car , so that it does not obstruct traffic ? Why should he expect a third person to physically lift and move his car so that his car can be taken out ? Isnt it better to ensure that the way we park is not inconveniencing others rather ask them to lift our car ?
Old 15th May 2007, 08:19   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

And can we not start the whole Kannadiga/outsider thing. I've seen both sides of the tale, and they're both sad.
Thanks V1p3r - This topic seems to be simmering still, please focus on the issue and not peoples origins
Old 15th May 2007, 08:25   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
How much effort does it take to read a no parking board for an educated person and then park his car , so that it does not obstruct traffic ?

Isnt it better to ensure that the way we park is not inconveniencing others rather ask them to lift our car ?

I agree with you there. Some civic sense is the order of the day for road users in India today. All other issues become moot the moment people forget road usage is a privilege than a birth right.

To other readers of this thread: The last statement may not be quoted out of context for any reason. Irrespective of what the bus driver did, that car had no business being parked there in the first place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks