Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 14:53   #106
BHPian

Re: My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)

I was closely following this thread and I'm really glad that you got your car back, that too in a near perfect stage. I'm also glad that you got a better service from the VW service center though it was in a faraway city for you.

From the pictures the colour mismatch isn't very visible at least to me. Anyway, if that bothers you so much then bring the car to a detailing shop and listen to their suggestion and opinion. Approach VW service center for a repainting if and only if it's absolutely necessary.

As long as the car is in top shape mechanically and doesn't have any structural issues etc then you can certainly hold on to the car for longer. Also keep an eye on the tyre tread wear pattern especially on the left rear.

Enjoy the car while you have it

Wishing you trouble free miles ahead.
igemini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:12   #107
BHPian

Great to see the beast getting back and looking like a brand new fresh car.

What kind of insurance did you have ? And how much amount did you get through the insurance claim and how much was payable through pocket?
divyadeeptsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 20:05   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
How remote are the chances that one meets one's neighbour in a crash!.
The same thing happened to us a few years ago when we were rear ended at an exit from an expressway and the lady rear-ending us informed us that she lived in the same building. It was really bizzare as there were three empty lanes and she wasn’t even behind us. For unknown reasons, she moved to our lane and accelerated into us. Since she was very shocked and apologetic and the damage was minor, we decided to forget the matter.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 12:40   #109
BHPian

A short update on the car after 1 year from the accident:

- Car was repaired and delivered in December. Polo spent nearly 2 months in the workshop at Jaipur VW. I am more than happy with the work done on the car. What’s surprising is there are no rattles till date!
- Car has clocked 15,000 kms post accident. The only issue to report is the paint mismatch on the rear left door.
- She is serving us well. I have added/changed quite a few things on the car - tyres, lights, engine guard. She will be getting new brakes tomorrow.
- The after effect of the accident stay with me, I am always wary of the traffic behind me. When I come to a stop, I always first check my IRVMs. Try to slow down well in advance so the car behind me slows down as well. This only happens when I drive the Polo. I am more focused on the traffic behind me than ahead. Hope to overcome this someday.

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-85840ae022a54c22ac362d9496c56624.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-718c60459e4e447fbf461ca819b86969.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-b6e01f2091bb4ceebbf065ffeb8ee657.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-74f057878df54e8d83a8f70b6835acc6.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-4611459a56c5470abedfd41b7f810db8.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-8e62e4c1f5194c698444bd738eba7c60.jpeg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-ec9af4a9ff5242feb02c62f2a6f66f3c.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
A short update on the car after 1 year from the accident:

- Car was repaired and delivered in December. Polo spent nearly 2 months in the workshop at Jaipur VW. I am more than happy with the work done on the car. What’s surprising is there are no rattles till date!
- Car has clocked 15,000 kms post accident. The only issue to report is the paint mismatch on the rear left door.
- She is serving us well. I have added/changed quite a few things on the car - tyres, lights, engine guard. She will be getting new brakes tomorrow.
- The after effect of the accident stay with me, I am always wary of the traffic behind me. When I come to a stop, I always first check my IRVMs. Try to slow down well in advance so the car behind me slows down as well. This only happens when I drive the Polo. I am more focused on the traffic behind me than ahead. Hope to overcome this someday.

[/center]
What a coincidence if I may call it. I just recalled your thread this morning randomly meaning to ask how the Polo was after a major repair. Nice to see the car in all it's glory. There's something to a GT version of Polo that attracts me a lot even when I see one today on road. Car in that blue shade is a looker for sure.

After effect which you've outlined is a tough thing to let go off easily. With time it'll fade away but until then those thoughts will keep you or anyone on toes. Please do drive and stay safe wishing you lakhs of kms with your car!
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 23:11   #111

@sinharishi, nice to see your car back and good to hear that there are no rattles and any other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
  • 8:00am: Flatbed reaches accident site. Meanwhile the safari owner and Dad went to the police station to give a written letter that we do not want to file an FIR and are settling the case outside.
I had one question about the above written letter you mentioned. Is this a standard procedure? Is it done for all cases where the parties want to settle themselves? Because, this is something new which I have not seen before in my experience.

PS. Please excuse me if it's a simple question.
Old 7th December 2023, 07:15   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _deepthought42 View Post

I had one question about the above written letter you mentioned. Is this a standard procedure? Is it done for all cases where the parties want to settle themselves? Because, this is something new which I have not seen before in my experience.

PS. Please excuse me if it's a simple question.
It is a standard procedure across all states I see.

I did the same when a Govt bus rear ended my Safari storme. I don't find the point in filing an FIR when we can settle within the parties concerned.

In my case, I was sure the bus wouldn't have insurance (It didnt) and I could get the repairs done with my insurance. No use in arguing over it.

Police wants that letter because neither of the parties can then have a change of mind later, and bother them with a complaint.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th December 2023 at 07:16.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks