Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 15:05   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Take it Anytime.. Promise me you will knock that cabby out
v1p3r has already experienced hitting an Auto and a Accord with my dicor.

Godfather
Maniacs these two are I tell you!
Old 8th June 2007, 15:25   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Take it Anytime.. Promise me you will knock that cabby out
v1p3r has already experienced hitting an Auto and a Accord with my dicor.

Godfather
Will make sure.
Since V1p3R has already done the honours, i will feel less guilty.
You guys will thank me for the public service, though.
Old 8th June 2007, 15:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Since V1p3R has already done the honours, i will feel less guilty.
Nope.. I pushed an auto out of the way once and hit a Honda Vtec from behind..
these Bullbars are great.

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 16:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
T'was the governor going to receive APJ kalam

Really don't understand why so much protocol. In the Uk, ole Tony lands in an airfield near my cousins house and drives into town. You would hardly know except for a few motorcycle outriders who leap frog each other to halt taffic at each junction
Actually, I wouldnt mind if they bought a helicopter using my tax money instead of causing traffic jams everywhere.
Old 8th June 2007, 16:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

@spadival: i agree

They are spending so much money on these gizmos, why not spend some money on helicopters and helipads and save the common man from suffering.

Infact they do have hired helicopters but using only for long distances.

I remember couple of years back stuck in a jam, which was caused due to the cops had blocked the road since the president was supposed to pass.
it was raining heavily and all had to wait for more then a hour in that heavy rain. now what can we say for this? pathetic
Old 8th June 2007, 17:41   #51
BHPian

i also want to add one thing...

i have noticed this many times that when ever there is a Traffic jam and if a Cop is around he just goes into some shop and sits there.

i have noticed this in Kormangalla near E-zone.
if there is a traffic jam the cops just walk away...
Old 8th June 2007, 20:01   #52
BHPian

What has the Bangalore traffic taught me??

Frustration will take you know where... only patience

BMTC are monsters in disguise…stay far away from them

Don’t abuse anyone when they violate traffic rules…smile to tell him what he/she has achieved today.

You should be the master of filling the gaps but don’t get too close to the vehicle in front.

Keep your route mapped out and always keep a backup route (for our beloved Politicians)

Shortcuts never work; weaving in and out of other cars, driving rashly won’t help, slow down reach your destination in good health.

Avoid rush hour start your day early.

The most important thing your ICE and loads of good music.

Cheers
Hellcat
Old 8th June 2007, 20:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

I hope they link car insurance to the driver, like they do it in UK. Then drivers will be a little more carefull.
Old 8th June 2007, 21:53   #54
BHPian

The thing with traffic cops in Blr is they spend more time collecting fines than regulating traffic.

And they seem to have found new ways to do it. Got fined for jumping the light at Kavika on mysore road, it was night and cops were manually directing, the cop directed us to move on and when I did he caught me saying it was to go straight and not for a right !!!

The stretch from Girinagar to mysore road became a one way an year ago and still there is bi directional traffic here .. that to right in front of the cops. Killing two birds with one stone.. the traffic has considerably reduced thanks to riders like me who choose to follow the law and whenever they desire they can stop a rider breaking the rule and have their lunch paid for.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Not gonna work.. becoz nobody uses them.. I have seen so many pedestrian bridges in Chennai left unused.. because pple find it a real pain to climb all the way up and then down. Maybe pedestrain subway is a better idea, but would be more expensive. There are a couple in Chennai, like near Ritchie street thats very usefull and well maintained.
I an pretty confident that the pedestrian bridge will work in places like this. A prime example would be the pedestrian bridges at the Majestic bus stand. No one used it intially. But then, they put up the fencing and people HAD to use the bridge. I have seen lot of people using the pedestrian bridge on Airport road, just next to Leela palace. The same can be expected at the KR Puram railway station. The pedestrians have a hell of a time trying to cross the road and they try their level best, but they end up spending about 30 seconds in the middle of the road and hence the jam.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
The thing with traffic cops in Blr is they spend more time collecting fines than regulating traffic.
Its true that they spend more time collecting fines than regulating traffic. But they spend the most time standing around and doing nothing when there is a jam/there is a likelyhood of a jam occuring because of some idiot. I was returning from ITPL today via OMR. There is a bus stop at the Tin factory just at the end of the cable stayed bridge. There were 2 BMTC buses parked by the side of the road side-by-side (as usual). Since the road is pretty wide at this section, we somehow managed to squeeze to right side of the BMTCs. Suddenly this private bus stops bang next to these BMTCs and passengers start boarding/unboarding. Finally, when the mess clears, there is a cop standing by the side of the road with a look on his face like he has anmesia. And the worst part is, jst 20m away from this 'bus stop', there is a proper bus bay with a capacity of 3 buses and a proper bus shelter. And not a single bus stops there... all I saw was a lone auto. I just can't understand the logic behind all this!!
Old 8th June 2007, 22:53   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post

BMTC are monsters in disguise…stay far away from them

Actually, BMTC buses are your friends in traffic if you utilize them carefully. I always use a BMTC bus as a roving roadblock in my favor against 2 and 3 wheelers. And I prefer to have BMTCs around me at a signal - since most other vehicles avoid them and they're far more stably driven and well maintained than private buses. Just take care not to come in front of a BMTC at the wrong time and they work to your favor all other times

Last edited by theMAG : 8th June 2007 at 22:54.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:37   #58
BANNED

I live on hosur road and I can vouch that most of the traffic jam is caused due to the policemen ,rather than the traffic by itself .

I am from chennai and its been just over 2 months that i have been in bangalore .

My biggest peeve would be the pedastrians , who seem to be so stupid that they cross the road only when a vehicle nears them.They just seem to be waiting for some vehicle to run over them .

I still do not understand why the policy makers are so dumb that they cant have a lane system .

Another thing would be the madivala , kormangala road .Now ,this road is a one way and its a very big road . I am just amused when ever i pass through this road because,its been made a one way and half of the road is occupied by fruit sellers and vegetable sellers .

Another thing is I see no subways .A big road like hosur road has to have a subway at important intersections so that people living in the nearby areas do not stop the oncoming traffic ,so that they can cross the road.

Another major drawback would be the stupid service lanes . The govt could actually widen the roads rather than create service roads and let it lie unused .

Finally ,i really get pissed off with the 200 sec -300sec traffic signal waits . The max I have ever known is 70 secs in chennai and incase you drive at the recommened road speed in chennai , You will not have to wait at any traffic signal .

Hope the stupid officials visit chennai for once . They would at least learn some traffic management skills .

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2007 at 10:42. Reason: Hi, please dont type derogatory statements against bangalore residents. Some found it offensive. Thanks.
Old 9th June 2007, 01:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

All you chaps " YOU WISH " .

hahaha kidding men, no offense meant to your POV's about the traffic woes in bangalore. Some things wont change no matter what and Hosur road rocks.
Old 9th June 2007, 01:28   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I live on hosur road and I can vouch that most of the traffic jam is caused due to the policemen ,rather than the traffic by itself .
Hope the stupid officials visit chennai for once . They would at least learn some traffic management skills .
actually, i was in Chennai, a few days last year, and i don't think the traffic conditions there were any different to what you've described about Bangalore - they were horrible, in fact.

you've just moved to a new city (2 months, you say?) so it's going to take you some time but you'll get used to the new setting, eventually!

grumbling about it, and taking pot-shots at Bangloreans isn't going to make things better now, is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks