Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 11:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just thought I'd post an update - Khaadu's Bolero got stolen a little past midnight on Friday from his parking slot below his apartment in VK! He last saw the car around 11.30 pm & then went up. He was up at 4 am on Saturday getting ready to go off to his farm, peeped out of the window & saw another car in that slot. He thought sleep was playing tricks with his eyes, went down, went all over the place but.....no Bolero!

The car that was parked in his slot was his upstairs neighbour's so off he went to ask him and the gentleman said that he was returning home around midnight & saw the Bolero being driven off. He didn't know it was Khaadu's so he didn't react - when he saw the slot getting empty, he waited, parked there & went up!

Can you imagine the guts of the thieves, coolly walking into a colony & then driving out at a time when half the colony's awake? Must have been an inside job carried out by someone who studied Khaadu's habits, planned carefully & then did the job.

At the last count, the cops hadn't been able to do much, in fact, initially, they were passing on the onus of looking for it to Khaadu! So he had to pull a few strings and then the cops were on their toes - but it was a little too late by then I guess.

I thought I'd let you guys know since he cannot post on the forum. So, if you happen to see a brand new shiny Black Bolero, do give it a second look to see if you spot anything suspicious by way of the occupants (in all probability it would have crossed borders days ago but nonetheless.....). One distinguishing mark - a big dent on the right rear bumper where a Maruti had banged into it while it was stationary.

Khaadu, as I said, really sorry to hear mate! I can understand your frustration & helplessness - nobody expects a brand new car to be stolen from below ones flat & that too, from within the colony.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st July 2007 at 02:26. Reason: stationery -> stationary!
Old 30th July 2007, 11:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

Thats shocking !!!
Imagine a brand new vehicle being stolen, just as Khaadu was saying he's beginning to love the vehicle. Hope the cops are able to recover it... somehow.
Old 30th July 2007, 11:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to hear about it Khaadu. And even sadder to see that such things are happening in well protected colonies these days. Hope she's recovered quickly (chances are slim) and if not atleast you get the insurance payout without much delay.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:11   #4
BHPian

This is really shocking news.
Khaadu, I'm really sorry to hear about your car.

As it was stolen from inside the colony - I wonder what the watchmen were doing
Old 30th July 2007, 12:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking! A BRAND NEW vehicle stolen from what is supposedly a secure Apartment complex!

Khaadu my sympathies. I hope you have insurance for theft.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
As it was stolen from inside the colony - I wonder what the watchmen were doing
Well, exactly! And the best part of it is - they apparently have a system of noting down numbers of vehicles coming in & going out only TILL 9 pm whereas, as I was telling Khaadu, it should be AFTER 9pm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Khaadu my sympathies. I hope you have insurance for theft.
He does but he's scared that they may leave a bare shell behind which will make it difficult to get full insurance for! He's hoping & praying that its not found at all
Old 30th July 2007, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Horrendous. I can feel your pain brother. Even when the vehicle comes back, its a nuisance to get it back in possession.

All the same, do let us know what anti theft systems you'd used. Surely those were not worth our trust!!
Old 30th July 2007, 13:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

man..i feel really really sorry for you dude. just couldnt even imagine of such a thing happening these days. the most disturbing part is that it was stolen from an APPARTMENT..hope you get the ful insurance amount..
Old 30th July 2007, 14:52   #9
BHPian

Thats really shocking and sad.. Really sorry to hear that khaadu. Hope you get the full amount and recover from it soon...
Old 30th July 2007, 15:00   #10
BHPian

It is really heart breaking when someone steals your baby, your beloved car. You were so excited before and when you got it, and planned so many modifications for it.

I hope insurance people do not play any games and give you the cheque for a new one asap.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your Bolero , the Bolero seems to have a high demand in the stolen car market ! My Brand new Bolero was stolen from DLF in Gurgaon in 2001 , I did get it back however but not quite the condition it was in before. My uncles brand new Bolero was stolen approx two months back from GKI outside his house , hasn't got it back yet.

Hope you find yours soon in the meanwhile all Bolero owners pls secure your cars as much as you can..
Old 30th July 2007, 15:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Real Shocker!

Khaadu, hope you get your Black beauty back!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:21   #13
BHPian

Oh Ho... so sorry to know about this incident. They have stolen within 1 hour of parking. Definitely looks like some insider's job. Wonder what security was doing?

Hope you get back the black beauty as soon as possible in good shape & condition.

Pls keep us posted on the progress.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Shocking... I mean at least the apartment security would have noted that someone else was driving out the vehicle that has just been parked 30 mins before!!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:23   #15
Team-BHP Support

Sorry buddy. I hope the car is not found and you get the claim to buy a brand new one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks