Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 11:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
This reminds me of the "kaccha aam" ads where the driver is backing his amby and tells the kid there to see "chotu lagg raha hai kya" and nce the car his the wall, the kid says, lagg gaya!!!!
i remember that one.. i feel a bit lighter now :-)

Quote:
Hope you gave the parking attendant your piece of mind.
b'lore has taught me to forgive and forget.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
b'lore has taught me to forgive and forget.
Well! I am yet to learn forgiving in BLR. Good that I didn't get my car here! I don't speak kannada and I only know how I speak to the Rick guys! leave aside the parking attendants.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of a comedy scene in a tamil movie.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Reminds me of a comedy scene in a tamil movie.

I need to type atleast 20 characters (just to post this smiley !!! ).
Old 26th February 2008, 13:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

I personally never give the keys to the valet parking attendants and this happened once in Bangalore central.This is how it went

Attendant: Saar! I will park .get down

Me: Sorry! Tell me where i can, i will do the needful

Attendant pesters me and in comes another guy (might be supervisor and they talk in kannada...while i look out)

Therez a big thud ahead with one attendant scraping a zen while parking a palio...

Me: You see thats what happens and i whisked off from there and parked in Garuda Mall though i had to walk
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 13:48   #21
BHPian

a good lesson for everybdoy, ofcours it comes to my mind too many a times wether to give or not
better to avoid for the its just a car not for us
W.ajay
Old 26th February 2008, 14:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Please don't trust any of the Parking attendents & Security guys when you are parking your beloved cars!

If you are alone, better to trust your rear-view mirrors & driving experience!
Old 26th February 2008, 14:41   #23
BHPian

Parking

Golden rule to remember.
When the parking assistant signals you to reverse waving his hand. Keep in mind that his unit of measurement is Centimeter.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 15:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Golden rule to remember.
When the parking assistant signals you to reverse waving his hand. Keep in mind that his unit of measurement is Centimeter.
I beg to differ. It's in mm!!!
Old 26th February 2008, 18:05   #25
BHPian

even if we park our car ourselves there's always a chance that a valet may bang your car while trying to park someone else's car. wonder if there's something we can do to make our cars absolutely scratch resistant.
Old 26th February 2008, 18:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great topic and one that I'd like to spew venom on.

My office has a 5 storey car park attached to it, of which part of the ground floor has been given to the Radisson next door for parking.

EVERY DAY we see valet parking attendants bring in all sorts of fancy cars, and we cringe at every sportscar brought in as they DRIFT through the parking lot, brake hard, accelerate like mad and generally have fun. In many cases, they have standing starts when they pull out of the parking lot - turn key, fire engine, burn rubber without even waiting for the engine to warm up. Imagine firing up a Ferrari and burning rubber out of the parking space within the same second!

Ever since I saw these antics I've stopped using Valet Parking services whereever possible.
Old 26th February 2008, 19:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Where was this topic before.

Once I gave my car for valet parking at Lifestyle in Bangalore on Richmond Road. It took me only 10 minutes to finish my work. When I got my car back, it had lots of fruit seeds in it. Apparently these guys thought that I would be coming back for hours and they had the car to themselves.

In another case the guys at my office broke my car's antenna which was fully extended (usually I never do that but it was my unlucky day I guess).

Sadly there are times when it is unavoidable to give the car for valet park.
Old 26th February 2008, 19:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

well here is my take, these guys

1.take the cars for granted and feel as if they just became owners of the cars though for a short while!

2. they dont even idle the car and still use the a/c or idle the car and use the a/c!

3. they listen to he car audio often mess up the equalizer settings! change cds

4. they rip the car right in front of you as though trying to hurry back to you and still except a tip, MAN THAT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!

5.they do all sorts of damage and let the rookies learn the cars on these customers cars, though preferably they are made to learn on the smaller cars!

6. they dont car if the car gets scratched or dented just park it with the cabbbie attitide!

7. finally they steal stuff!

and for all the bloody above reasons i have just stopped valet parking now, after i learnt it the hard way, had my viva's bumper scratched, my emergency 100 bucks that i put in the manual stolen along with the cell chargers and other stuff!

and the total damage suffered was like 5000 = painting the bumper+chargers+100 that i usually keep as last resort in case i forget my wallet and i needed to pay the parking fee be it even at air port or just to pay a toll some time!
Old 26th February 2008, 19:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well once a valet bumped my car into something and there was a big scratch on the bumper. It even came out from its place. Since then I've made sure that I never ever give my car to any of these lame parking attendants.
Old 26th February 2008, 19:30   #30
BHPian

In pune, there are few good places to go (there are lot of eating joints and shopping malls, but the ones u tend to go again and again are few). So at most of the places, I try to build a good relationship with the vallets (I tip them, so they remember me, when i go next time). that way I ensure the car gets parked properly.

If I am going to a place for the first time or I know, if the park is very near by, I park myself.

But I am dead scared when I visit the multiplex called E-Square. I have seen those guys parking cars and I am scared. The way they high-rev it and way they approach the turns and parking with speed, gives me creeps. But sometimes You have to give the car to them for parking and then I pray to God.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks