Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 19:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

mods my temper got better of me and i said Bl@#$y should have said damned please correct it for me.
Old 26th February 2008, 20:13   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

in bangalore if you go to church street (food street) there is absolutely no parking place.. so they just drive around in ur car till finish ur dinner/lunch :-)
Old 26th February 2008, 20:21   #33
BHPian

This thread has hit the sweetspot!!!
Man, i cant even begin to start. I also hate valets for all the reasons stated in this thread.

I 90% of the time park on my own and walk. The rest of the 10% i cant help it as my family is with me or at sophisticated places i have to give it to valet.
Thank god, i have never got my car done in, or at least i have never noticed it.
Ignorance is bliss

My friends also find this annoying and taunt sometimes. I ignore it. Recently i started thinking perhaps its just me, but after reading this thread im happy about my thoughts.

Have seen drivers in hotel cars at the airport parkings - drinking, eating and idling with AC on, playing cards and that too expensive cars like the new camry as soon as it was launced, S Class and so on, i just feel disgusted.

A little something for some interesting reading - My friend has the new M5 custom built to his likes. i have realised, he generally gives his M5 to valets Even i cant exactly figure out the starting mechanism and gear system, there are some 3 things you have to do before start or something like that. i wonder how the valets treat the car!
Xehaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 20:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys & Gals, better spare some of your precious time and that will save your precious car and your money, which will give you happiness even after coming back from dinner or where ever your coming back from, it is not wasting time for searching parking space.
Old 26th February 2008, 21:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I never give my cars to the cretins. My wife used to object but once saw them mistreating other cars; now she's more than happy for me to park the car!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 21:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
in bangalore if you go to church street (food street) there is absolutely no parking place.. so they just drive around in ur car till finish ur dinner/lunch :-)
How many valets do they have ? Suppose there are 10 cars moving about without any parking available , that means 10 valets are stuck !!
Old 26th February 2008, 21:34   #37
BHPian

I hate the valets too! I've stopped giving to them for about 2 years now. I just don't trust them.

Why, even at 3M, as I turned to go inside the office, the cars were being taken out to re-park them in a new position, and the fellow in my car raced at high speed in reverse. My friend who was with me told this. I was just too upset and I forgot to scold him.

cya
A
Old 26th February 2008, 21:52   #38
Team-BHP Support

How much force one require to crack open a 5mm plastic number plate with a head on impact?

Last week in a hotel in Bangalore. I couldn't find a parking so valet helped..
Old 26th February 2008, 21:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
How much force one require to crack open a 5mm plastic number plate with a head on impact?
Not much. I broke mine wading through 2 feet of water at 15 kmph.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
How many valets do they have ? Suppose there are 10 cars moving about without any parking available , that means 10 valets are stuck !!
Depends on how much you pay one of those drivers. If you pay Rs.5,000 per month (fat chance - most of them have to live off the tips) thats about Rs.150 per day or less than Rs.20 per hour. At a restaurant that offers such service, that cost will easily be covered on the menu. Or you pay for it - usually more than Rs.20 per hour.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
even if we park our car ourselves there's always a chance that a valet may bang your car while trying to park someone else's car. wonder if there's something we can do to make our cars absolutely scratch resistant.
I was just about to say the exact thing. Though by parking ourselves we can oly reduce the chances of getting scratched. To prevent the valet from denting your car while trying to park another car you have to depend on the guardian angel and hope all things are fine
Old 26th February 2008, 23:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

I've been avoiding restaurants where valet parking is the only choice. I remember at Tandoor the valet boasting that they are used to parking Benz and BMW's. However he couldn't start my AT. So I went and parked it myself.

Either I find a parking by myself and don't take my car to these kinds of places. Includes star hotels too. However if I take my old matiz I've had instances where I was told the parking is full and the next big car is given parking !!! Prejudiced asses.
csentil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 23:49   #43
BHPian

I agree, these guys need to account for what they take to park.
I've seen valet guys handle cars very rashly so I'm picky while giving my car for valet.
There was this one day when it was drizzling so i gave it to the Valet at this pretty good resturant, next day i was in for a rude shock, the radiator cap and oil cap were missing.the car hadnt gone to the garage in the last month before that nor does any one get to drive the car, i'd checked the radiator fluid in that morn, so it had and had to be the valet flicking it. This was one weird experience.
Another time i'd seen this valet guy scratch the rear of the car off the divider while taking a U turn, while trying to drive like schumi.
With the 118NE though, the parking becomes full, but the corolla behind gets the valet!

I avoid the valet whenever possible.

Last edited by gendarmee : 26th February 2008 at 23:53. Reason: typo
gendarmee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 23:49   #44
BHPian

I used the valet parking for once and thats my first and last time.I had been to this hotel before and seen customers banging their cars in the basement parking because of the multiple pillars never thought my car would meet the same fate so one night i let the valet park my car and next morning i see my rear bumper bruised from the black paint on the pillars i had seen so many customers banging into went back to the hotel next day and the manager was polite and said he would call me back and he did and offered to refund the repair amount and i asked him who was paying for it and he said they are going to deduct it from the valet,s salary i refused and got it repainted myself
never again am i going to hand over my car to the valet for parking
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2008, 01:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I always think many times before I give my car to the valet. Mostly i park it myself. Dont trust these guys esp with my AT transmission. Btw NC the C Class which flicked has been found

Dippy
Ditto

I prefer to take a few pains and park it meself and walk a bit back to wherever I want to go.

And what about all the stuff inside the car? A friend's bro-in-law's ICE HU was flicked and the management of that place couldnt care less.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks