Old 14th July 2008, 18:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
there is one more thing called "Accident Forgiveness"

it could also be used here i believe.
was angry in the morning,
was feeling better by afternoon; "Accident Forgiveness"
but when i got the quote of Rs2800 for the repairs, the forgiveness started to fade away almost immediately!!
Old 14th July 2008, 18:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
but when i got the quote of Rs2800 for the repairs, the forgiveness started to fade away almost immediately!!
but this is what Insurance is for.so relax pal

and the damage doesnt have any plastic part so you will not need to pay anything except you will loose No Claim Bonus if you have.

It is very obvious in current scenario that you cant do anything else so why to spoil your mood.

accidents can also happen due to our mistakes too.

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 14th July 2008 at 19:00.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:01   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm. Its accidents season I believe. I had 3 brushes with such incidents over this weekend.

In one of these incidents on a steep incline with a very narrow passageway (near IIIrd eye and the masjid in Jubilee Hills, for the hyderabadis) a lady comes and rear-ends the car which was almost stationary due to the clogged road. A zabardast sound comes from the rear. My friend who was driving at that time immediately signals the lady to park on the edge and does so himself as well. All this while the lady keeps sitting inside her car watching my friend with narrowed eyes. As soon as my friend parks his car, takes off the belt and comes out of the car this lady engages gears, does a wheelspin and darts through the road which had emptied ahead by now. In the process she also manages to almost drive over my friends toes. She was evidently waiting for my friend to come out before she scoots away as she knew that by the time he makes inside his car and starts the chase she would have vanished.

Thats how bad the scenario has become nowadays.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the way things are happening around I am wondering what is happening to morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm. Its accidents season I believe. I had 3 brushes with such incidents over this weekend.

In one of these incidents on a steep incline with a very narrow passageway (near IIIrd eye and the masjid in Jubilee Hills, for the hyderabadis) a lady comes and rear-ends the car which was almost stationary due to the clogged road. A zabardast sound comes from the rear. My friend who was driving at that time immediately signals the lady to park on the edge and does so himself as well. All this while the lady keeps sitting inside her car watching my friend with narrowed eyes. As soon as my friend parks his car, takes off the belt and comes out of the car this lady engages gears, does a wheelspin and darts through the road which had emptied ahead by now. In the process she also manages to almost drive over my friends toes. She was evidently waiting for my friend to come out before she scoots away as she knew that by the time he makes inside his car and starts the chase she would have vanished.

Thats how bad the scenario has become nowadays.

You should have noted down the number, attack the lady at her house and speed away in your car.

Please get a gun to shoot these kind of cars.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Looking at the way things are happening around I am wondering what is happening to morals.

You should have noted down the number, attack the lady at her house and speed away in your car.

Please get a gun to shoot these kind of cars.
Unfortunately these kind of incidences always manage to bamboozle you for a while. We were surprised and shocked as she came and hit us when we were almost stationary. And it never occured that she will do what she did after that.

Yes I did notice the last 3 digits in that dirty number plate at the rear when she ran away and thats about it.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

So, summary of the thread is "beware of an old model Gold Santro in Bangalore ??!! If area is specified, I could be more careful. Jokes apart, its a proven theory that lady drivers are either too good or very bad behind the wheels.

I have regularly noticed few ladies on New BEL road driving either a Scorpio, Laura, Safari or an Octavia with a confident and professional style ! Thats a pleasure to see infact. I am very good in spotting out lady drivers just by judging the speed and direction even from 50 meters behind, 99% of the time I am right. Some of them are not supposed to be on road even on a harthal day, because its threat to everyone around.

We can tolerate a bad lady driver as long as she does not scrape or hit anyone around. How about a lady driving single hand, other holding the mobile and talking non-stop ? Still we can tolerate. Now, how will you handle a lady who is not holding the steering wheel, one hand on the mobile and other with a smoke ?? No exaggerations here, I spotted 3 of them at commercial street !! God save India !!

Last edited by shajufx : 14th July 2008 at 20:43.
Old 14th July 2008, 20:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this news. You can claim this back through insurance.

This is why I never allow ladies to drive in front/side of me and will always overtake them no matter what. I personally do not like their driving after couple of near miss incidents. No matter how careful & professionaly they drive.
Old 15th July 2008, 00:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I have witnessed accidents in UK and Hungary. Much worse than the one on this thread. But I havent seen the people argue over there. They discuss calmly and whoever is the guilty party most often readily admit their mistake and give out their insurance details.

I would say India is a Developed country AFTER I can witness such a scene after an accident on Indian roads.
You know why they don't argue? Because over there, an argument is not worth a paltry Rs.2,800.

Why does it seem like this thread is turning into a women-driver bashing session? Women drive just fine. And for every bad women driver, I can find 10 men who are worse. Women drivers are generally more cautious and defensive. I have not yet witnessed a women driving in the typical aggressive, moronic, discourteous, way a whole lot of men drive in this country.
RedMM340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2008, 00:44   #39
rks
BANNED

Quote:
hey esteem_lover,
no i was not on the opposite side.
Infact there is a median on this road, So in effect I was a little on the right side of the correct side of the road.

I think the attached image would everything clear
The attached picture makes it clear that from a legal point of view, it was the lady's fault. For she was cutting into a main road from a side road and the vehicles on the main road always have the right of way, assuming that there was no signal at that junction.

However, let us look at this scenario a little more closely from the lady's point of view. She would have taken a quick look to her left and seen your car approaching apparently in the middle/left lane of your road. But you then swerved to your right to avoid the glass pieces and she probably would not have seen that happen. Why? Because she would have been focussing hard to her right to beat oncoming traffic and get on to your road.

I cannot honestly absolve you completely of all blame. You should have braked (gradually, considering you were moving only at 40 kmph) rather than swerve at that point because it was a junction. Remember, the lady cannot afford to stop even assuming she saw you because she would be risking collision with oncoming traffic on the other side. However, the lady is also to be blamed for making a probably hurried attempt to get on to the main road trying to beat oncoming traffic. It is never prudent to do so, for something unanticipated like this is always on the cards. She should have taken her time and waited till she could cross safely and unhurriedly.
Old 15th July 2008, 01:01   #40
BHPian

. damn! why are we just allowed 2 smiley's mods. This thread deserves a lot more.
You want to know what am I laughing at Gods-envy. As much as I feel sorry that your car got brushed, and getting angry now-a-days is pretty normal with everyone, you actually demanding A LADY to get out of her car. Well...........
Now that you are getting all sorts of advises, on how to handle the situation, here's my tip.
If i were you, I would have simply gotten out my car. examined the extent of damage, and driven off, as in your case. The damage is anything but life-endagering. Had the damage been any more serious, would have taken photo's on the spot, pulled my car over, called the cops and told them the story. At the end, would have said the driver just drove off and when requested to step out, they refused, which would have only added things in your favor but under no circumstance would have I argued with a Lady and that too when an elderly woman was sitting with her.
I guess it's rightly said, chivalry is dead.

FYI - The rule says, please allow traffic on your right to pass. You were on the left. You should have braked and let her go

Well, this is my perogative on things. Don't take it to heart bro'

Cheers!
M2S
PS: Last saturday, a tata407 while reversing rammed in my stationary car(with 4 of us inside). Luckily, or miraculously, there wasn't even a scratch. My friend got out, gave a mouthful to the driver. All i did was, get out, examinded the damage to the car (none). My friend said, if you want to, we can teach the driver a lesson. You know what my exact words to him were " forget it dude, we have ladies with us" and we drove off and this happened in Delhi.

Last edited by married2speed : 15th July 2008 at 01:05.
Old 15th July 2008, 02:51   #41
BHPian

Hey God's Envy,

Thanks for the diagram. It is now clear that you caused the accident 100%. You suddenly swerved to the right which caused the accident.

Do you think that there would have been an accident if you drove in a straight line? I don't.

Then you proceed to argue with a lady and take Rs.500 from her old mother who was probably getting ready to have a heart attack with the stress of the situation.

Not good at all.
Old 15th July 2008, 03:48   #42
BHPian

I think you should have left it without taking money, considering there's a slight fault from you too. But I am not against accepting money for not your fault / denying money to small vehicles again for not your fault. Two incidents happend with my brave wifie who is an excellent driver too and with our old Indica V2.
First one was with a lorry, she was parked off the road, out of tarmac and putting the waste in corporation's waste bin, while this lorry came opposite, lost it control slightly and hit our car's front right. I was abroad, she called uncle and my close friends. They rushed to spot, she took leadership in arguing with the lorry owner and settled for 4K which covered full repair.
In another incident, she was driving on her lane taking a light curve (it was not a blind curve), while a middle-aged man came riding an activa very fast on wrong lane and hit car's front right. She saw the man coming wrong lane, honked and slowed down, but he was too careless to avoid. He started to play tricks and phoned his mechanic to come and take an estimate for his repair cost. Mechanic came and prepared an estimate of 750 bucks. She, the same time calls Tata (one of my friend service engr) and asked him to come and put an estimate. They reach and put is as some 3K. Once the man and mech aproached her with their estimate, she present her side and ask for the remaining cash, shouting "why should I pay when I need to spend 4 times of what you spend and that too for 100% your fault". This made him speechless and he took off with a shameful face.

Last edited by redfire : 15th July 2008 at 03:50.
Old 15th July 2008, 06:35   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
You know why they don't argue? Because over there, an argument is not worth a paltry Rs.2,800.

Why does it seem like this thread is turning into a women-driver bashing session? Women drive just fine. And for every bad women driver, I can find 10 men who are worse. Women drivers are generally more cautious and defensive. I have not yet witnessed a women driving in the typical aggressive, moronic, discourteous, way a whole lot of men drive in this country.

Yup - I agree. The guys we should be really bashing are the auto guys.

On another note like some people have said accidents do happen and thats why they are called 'accidents'. This was not IMO serious enough to get worked up over. There is so much more to worry about in life.
Old 15th July 2008, 09:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

well said

i think we need (all of us) to learn a little give and take

and to try and discuss without getting all heated up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I have witnessed accidents in UK and Hungary. Much worse than the one on this thread. But I havent seen the people argue over there. They discuss calmly and whoever is the guilty party most often readily admit their mistake and give out their insurance details.

I would say India is a Developed country AFTER I can witness such a scene after an accident on Indian roads.
Old 15th July 2008, 10:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

This picture makes things quite clear about who was in the right and who was in the wrong.
Im with you Gods-envy
Hope your car becomes ok soon
cheers
sb

Quote:
hey esteem_lover,
no i was not on the opposite side.
Infact there is a median on this road, So in effect I was a little on the right side of the correct side of the road.

I think the attached image would everything clear

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks