Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 23:27   #31
BHPian

loud exhaust? how much would be the fine for that?
Old 27th February 2009, 18:26   #32
BHPian

Parking Offence!

My better half and me were on our way to make some purchases at the Mysore market, and had parked at a designated parking area at around 5 PM, one and a half hours later, we came back, and as I was easing the car out, Bingo!- a cop appeared, loquacing about parking times. He told us that we were in parking for more than 3 hours, and were liable to pay a fine for that. I turned to my left, and looked at my wife, who was gnashing her teeth, getting ready for the good times- well didn't have to wait long at all- the cop made the mistake of asking one of the nearby shop proprietors as to the time of the parking, and he nodded his head in agreement to the cop. That was it!- the wife stepped out of the car,and proceeded directly to the cop, told him that she was a lawyer with the high court (a really wonderful fake one that!), and that she was appalled at the condition of the mysore constabulary, and proceeded to tick off the cop, and the Shop guy, telling him that there would be a summons issued to him under some section (My wife was really at her element!) anyway, their faces changed from smirks to concern in a jiffy, and after just 4 minutes- profound apologies poured in.
Happy ending, and an extremely proud & grateful husband as the result.
Old 28th February 2009, 15:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
My better half and me were on our way to make some purchases at the Mysore market, and had parked at a designated parking area at around 5 PM, one and a half hours later, we came back, and as I was easing the car out, Bingo!- a cop appeared, loquacing about parking times. He told us that we were in parking for more than 3 hours, and were liable to pay a fine for that. I turned to my left, and looked at my wife, who was gnashing her teeth, getting ready for the good times- well didn't have to wait long at all- the cop made the mistake of asking one of the nearby shop proprietors as to the time of the parking, and he nodded his head in agreement to the cop. That was it!- the wife stepped out of the car,and proceeded directly to the cop, told him that she was a lawyer with the high court (a really wonderful fake one that!), and that she was appalled at the condition of the mysore constabulary, and proceeded to tick off the cop, and the Shop guy, telling him that there would be a summons issued to him under some section (My wife was really at her element!) anyway, their faces changed from smirks to concern in a jiffy, and after just 4 minutes- profound apologies poured in.
Happy ending, and an extremely proud & grateful husband as the result.

lol wish i could dish out similar treatment,alas i am not good at faking. should marry a lawyer though that could be pretty convenient.
Old 13th March 2009, 19:13   #34
BHPian

Traffic fines in Doha, Qatar

I live in Doha and works for a vehicle leasing company. The kind of fines imposed here makes any one think thrice before breaking the traffic rules. Take a look at some of them

1. parking offences - QR 100 to 500
2. speeding fine - QR 300 to 3000
3. Trucks over taking - QR 3000

In addition to this , you will get some penalty points also which thankfully gets back to zero at the end of the year. At the current exchange rates , these fines are really huge for the asian expats. I have no idea whether the fines are so stiff in other countries , especially in europe and US. I mentioned my work beacuse our company employs no less than 350 drivers. The fines logged by some of them are so huge that it wipes out their salaries for a few months !!
Old 29th March 2009, 18:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

read it in TOI today that a new bill regarding traffic offenses may be passed where fines will be sky high.
dont remember exact rates which are proposed but most offenses came from rs 100 to 500.
Nothing but more ways to make money for the cops IMO.
Old 3rd April 2009, 03:23   #36
BHPian

"58. Un-necessary use of fog lights."

In some other place they pull you up for not using fog lights. What gives?
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:30   #37
BHPian

Surprised to see that the motorists can be fined for Lane change without indicator / zigzag driving.

If the Bangalore Traffic cops know this rule, more than 70% of vehicles on Bangalore roads has to be fined daily !!
Old 24th June 2009, 21:19   #38
BHPian

Just for information: Mumbai Traffic Police
Old 29th March 2010, 11:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
A few months back a cop challaned me for not having the PUC and he showed me the list which said Rs600. I had only 300 bucks with me so he checked what came in rs 300 and gave me a chalan for driving without license .
I heard that if you do not have an Emission Certificate, the traffic police cannot fine you. Instead, he has to give you a challan which gives you one week's time to get your certificate and produce it at a local police station and get the challan cancelled there itself. So, no need to pay the fine.

Can anybody confirm this?
Old 25th April 2010, 10:30   #40
Team-BHP Support

Attached is an updated list to keep handy. Signed by Dy. Commissioner of Police - Traffic - Pune.

Hope this helps.

Traffic_Penalties_Ready_Reckoner_-_PPI_initiative.pdf
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2010, 12:01   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
Surprised to see that the motorists can be fined for Lane change without indicator / zigzag driving.

If the Bangalore Traffic cops know this rule, more than 70% of vehicles on Bangalore roads has to be fined daily !!
You are still lucky that it is only 70% - Go to Hyderabad and you will have every driver fined daily. Hyderabad leads the rest of the nation by a huge and cannot be defeated margin when it comes to rash driving - you have to drive rash to be safe in Hyderabad.

The most interesting thing I see in the Pune list is that there is a fine for parking in corners - I have to comprehend a parked vehicle almost at every corner - Has this rule ever seen the light of the day?

Last edited by bbkp : 29th April 2010 at 12:04.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:24   #42
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
You are still lucky that it is only 70% - Go to Hyderabad and you will have every driver fined daily. Hyderabad leads the rest of the nation by a huge and cannot be defeated margin when it comes to rash driving - you have to drive rash to be safe in Hyderabad.

The most interesting thing I see in the Pune list is that there is a fine for parking in corners - I have to comprehend a parked vehicle almost at every corner - Has this rule ever seen the light of the day?
Go to Hyderabad? Come to pune. They just had a drive to fine people who stop on or beyond zebra crossing for one day. They ended up collecting 2 lakh rupees!
If we start fining all offenders for all traffic offences in Pune, we can buy out all the IPL teams.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Go to Hyderabad? Come to pune. They just had a drive to fine people who stop on or beyond zebra crossing for one day. They ended up collecting 2 lakh rupees!
If we start fining all offenders for all traffic offences in Pune, we can buy out all the IPL teams.
Pune wasn't that bad - based on the limited experience I have had. People are spoilt in Hyderabad with all the those good roads - Pick out any statistic related to road rage and hyderabad will come out with flying colors. In Pune, people atleast stop when there is a constable standing if not to a red traffic light. In Hyderabad, a traffic constable is a mere puppet. 3 or 4 of them standing together in a group and it is then that people start to give in to the constables.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:50   #44
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
Pune wasn't that bad - based on the limited experience I have had. People are spoilt in Hyderabad with all the those good roads - Pick out any statistic related to road rage and hyderabad will come out with flying colors. In Pune, people atleast stop when there is a constable standing if not to a red traffic light. In Hyderabad, a traffic constable is a mere puppet. 3 or 4 of them standing together in a group and it is then that people start to give in to the constables.
Last month I saw an Auto driver punch a pandu at a signal near Ruby hall in Pune. Pandu was screaming at auto driver weilding his lathi, Auto driver got pissed, got down and punched him. Then gets on and drives away.
Old 25th July 2010, 15:55   #45
BHPian

Anyone has Delhi list ? :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks