Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:08   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Road with 25 humps in 5 Km !

There are two roads connecting Sarjapur Road to Hosur road (Jail road and another one parallel to it). These roads are full of humps. Its few meters of road between humps. Also these humps are constructed without any standard, its just a heap of tar. This will definitely spoil your car as well as your spinal cord ( even if you have air suspension ).
Hundreds of cars going to Electronic city use this road daily. Frequent braking and gear change waste a lot of fuel for all these cars.

As road tax payers, do we have the basic rights to drive on smooth roads.

Is it possible to file a PIL against such illegal and unscientific speed breakers ( any lawyers among the BHPians pls? )

Its ok it construct a speed breaker at sharp turns. But on this road, there are humps at 50m distance even on straight road also.
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

Yeah tell me about it. I counted 28 actually. That road is a real pain.

By the way the small humps 3 together types with less than a few feet between them. don't slow down too much for those. If you go a little fast over them you don't even feel them, whereas if you slow down they really hurt your back and jostle you up.
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Are there ample indications on the road,to warn drivers of these road humps?
Thats a crazy number of them in such a short distance!
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:55   #4
BHPian

Are you talking about the road that goes in front of Amrita Instt. of Tech. If so, I went on this road to take a look at a friend's newly acquired flat and was amazed at 8-big ones in about 800m. A couple of them were in a pair-formation and were seriously bone jarring.

I feel sorry for people who have to take this road regularly. BTW, BLR is nasty for humps. Did you guys have the misfortune of going over the ones in Jakkasandra which scraped the downsides of almost every car? Recently these have been shaved off a bit and there is some relief.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:00   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Are there ample indications on the road,to warn drivers of these road humps?
Thats a crazy number of them in such a short distance!
hahahahahaha, indications. lol. Just be lucky that 5-6 out of the 28 are painted.

That reminds me. I had a scary moment a couple of months back. I was going towards Hosur road on that stretch and there's a left right turn there. Before and after there are huge hillocks also called humps aka speed breakers. I was approaching the hump and a sumo coming from opposite direction missed it. I swear I have never seen a sumo fly so high with all 4 wheels in the air. This sumo was in mid air so no steering at all and it was a turn. I was right in the path of the Sumo's trajectory. If I had braked bye bye small Alto. I just kept going, swerved as much as possible to the left and saw the sumo fly by and land with a huge thud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Did you guys have the misfortune of going over the ones in Jakkasandra which scraped the downsides of almost every car? Recently these have been shaved off a bit and there is some relief.
Yes, I remember that one. Donated half my lancer's under carriage to that one a month ago.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd April 2009 at 22:08.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:20   #6
BHPian

And this is where I live.
Two years back there was only a virtual mud road. When the road was widened and tarred, we were so happy to see the makeover.
But now I curse the road contractor everyday for his attempt to make it to Guinness record for most number of humps in shortest distance.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:23   #7
BHPian

The Haralur road - starting from SpringFields apartment in Sarjapur rd and ending at Hosur road jn - naganathpura junction is really bad after the recent re-taring. The number of humps in this road is more than that in the Amrita college road.

And the humps are really high and really bad. It will test the suspension of any car.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hahahahahaha, indications. lol. Just be lucky that 5-6 out of the 28 are painted.

Talking about unmarked humps do you remember the one that you an me jumped one after the other near the Reliance pump on the way to Maddur CCD? Damn! It was an unmarked belly scraper on Bangalore Mysore Highway!!
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Talking about unmarked humps do you remember the one that you an me jumped one after the other near the Reliance pump on the way to Maddur CCD? Damn! It was an unmarked belly scraper on Bangalore Mysore Highway!!
You would be surprised to find the number of unmarked speed breakers between Mysore and Srirangapatna. None of the bone jarring humps have been marked and latest one has been laid on a curve on the way back from Mys-bangalore.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

On that hosa road stretch connecting to springfields, the humps used to be much bigger. They shaved off a few recently. My office tempo traveller and my manager's SX4 used to beach the humps.

OT: has anyone gone to La Casa on that stretch of road. Really good food amazing atmospshere and pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
o yeah. 2 lancer SFXi's, one yellow and black flying. Luckily we didn't jump too high.

That's also the same hump that claimed the lives of the occupants is the Skoda Octavia a year later.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd April 2009 at 22:51.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah tell me about it. I counted 28 actually. That road is a real pain.

By the way the small humps 3 together types with less than a few feet between them. don't slow down too much for those. If you go a little fast over them you don't even feel them, whereas if you slow down they really hurt your back and jostle you up.
I live in HSR Layout and used to take this road for my daily commute to E. City. Thanks to these humps, I have changed my route through Hosur road (via) Bommanahalli.

I once remarked to my friend that this stretch should be called the humps capital of the world and he was very amused.

-- Wind
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You would be surprised to find the number of unmarked speed breakers between Mysore and Srirangapatna. None of the bone jarring humps have been marked and latest one has been laid on a curve on the way back from Mys-bangalore.
I wonder why they call it highway instead of hump-away I'm always apprehensive while riding/driving over unknown stretches, even on our highways because of this. Humps inside city are expected by drivers but on highways..? Man, imagine a bike/car hitting the hump on that curve and flying off straight to become a part of the landscape!

Quote:
o yeah. 2 lancer SFXi's, one yellow and black flying. Luckily we didn't jump too high.

That's also the same hump that claimed the lives of the occupants is the Skoda Octavia a year later.
Yep lucky indeed! I read about the crash, but i wasn't aware that the crash was due to that very same hump! Crap.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:31   #13
BHPian

Ha Ha ... Great Driving Road. I too felt the same thing recently while travelling to EC. But the reality is all the Hump is made to restrict the Crazy Cab Driver. The Cabs feel that these road is also high way though its a residential zone.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:48   #14
BHPian

I share the same fate
Old 4th April 2009, 08:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hah, tell me about it. I do it everyday.
I road infront of jail has 35 bumps to be precise (last one being infront of Bosch). Similar number may be for the road next to Springfields Apartments (runs infront of cement factory), although I didnot count that one precisely.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks