Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:21   #17851
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
If international meetings can be conducted through video conference, why not internal ones?
Completely dependent on the type of meeting or the nature of profile you are associated with even if you belong to the same Industry. I guess chinkara was more destined to post a comment here than he was destined to travel from KIAL to Sarjapur .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:01   #17852
Distinguished - BHPian

Had to take car to work today and unfortunately started back at exactly 4.30 when the whole Ecoworld/Ecospace and its satellites around start dumping humongous number of cars out on to the poor little ORR.

Took 45 min to exit my campus and get to the ORR service road, another 15 min to reach Bellandur Jn where I exited towards Sarjapur Road and my misery greatly reduced.

Really feel for the people doing this daily in car, especially folks who need to travel across Silk Board, KR Puram, Koramangala etc. Terrible.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:10   #17853
Senior - BHPian

Heavy traffic from EcoSpace towards Marathahalli. Have been stuck near Wells Fargo for close to 20 mins now.
Old 23rd October 2019, 21:49   #17854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Check parking option around Domlur BMTC bus stand or HP filling station near Challaghatta signal.

Your presence made the difference, employees lack courage to raise concerns and suffer silently. If international meetings can be conducted through video conference, why not internal ones? A 4-4.5 hour travel is guaranteed every day for those who work beyond Domlur.
Agree, VC is better any day. However, for some things a face to face meeting is unavoidable. For example, when you need to read body language or meet the client in an informal setting to build up an equation.

Tomorrow I was supposed to meet someone else in BLR. I convinced him to fly to Chennai instead (he was planning to go there on Friday anyway). Chennai is far more predictable - in fact, all other metros are.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th October 2019 at 11:11. Reason: Removing additional spacing
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 07:03   #17855
Distinguished - BHPian

I was talking to someone who has to fly to Bangalore frequently. What they follow is that if there are multiple people flying in, they just schedule the meetings/ conference in the Airport Taj. Win win for every one. Of course, does not work for 1:1 client meetings.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:06   #17856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Really feel for the people doing this daily in car, especially folks who need to travel across Silk Board, KR Puram, Koramangala etc. Terrible.
I do this stretch & more(begur road to mahadevpura via HSR) daily. So what we do is start early around 7AM(still takes 1 hour+ one way) in the morning & leave early(3:00PM-ish) in the afternoon. That way both journeys combined take around 2.5 hours(46kms total).

But yeah won't work for folks who can't leave office that early. Post 3:45/4PM entire ORR right from mahadevpura(bagmane WTC) all the way till past ecospace starts getting all clogged up like crazy. I shudder to think what will happen once Metro construction starts in full swing

Last edited by SoumenD : 24th October 2019 at 10:08.
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:34   #17857
Senior - BHPian

I had the privilege of WFH for 2 years since I am an IC/SME. Due to a change in hierarchy, this has been withdrawn. I made it straight forward that I will be in office by 7:30am, potential late comers should change their work culture. I hate wasting 4-5 hours in traffic everyday.
The dedicated lanes were experimented for autos on select roads in 2006-07, it failed. The root cause is buses are driven on right lanes, bus stops are on left lanes.

Last edited by deehunk : 24th October 2019 at 10:38.
Old 24th October 2019, 10:41   #17858
BHPian

Had a rather unpleasant experience with Traffic Police in Bangalore. I was flagged down by the policeman on Hosur Road (between Hosa Road Junction and Kudlu Junction, going towards BTM).

The Policeman said that I was over speeding (speed limit is 60 on this road). I was confident that I was not over speeding, hence asked him for the proof.

This probably made the policeman a little irate and he immediately switched to the sun shades on the car. Before I could reply, he asked me for the license. As I was reaching for the license, he said that I should leave.

As I was leaving, he threatened me saying "You want proof of over speeding, leave now, I am going to put 65 cases against you and you can keep on following up later".

I did not know how to react and left the place without further discussion.

I do believe that I was not wrong in asking for the proof and neither did I make a fuss about anything else.

I am not sure what to make out of this incident.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:47   #17859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
So what we do is start early around 7AM in the morning & leave early(3:00PM-ish) in the afternoon.
+1 this is the only way to stay sane. I've tried it all- leaving early, leaving late, leaving early and coming back late, and this works best. Of course it entirely depends on most other people not being able to leave the office that early!

Last night, took the car thinking it would rain. The internal 'Eco'World road was jammed till what 9-930pm? Then smooth sailing till the Bellandur Lake bridge where it took me 30 mins to cross 500 meters! at 10pm! That stretch is actually faster before 8-830pm because there are cops directing traffic. Once they leave, the brilliant cab idiots start occupying the road meant for oncoming traffic and you have 5 lanes trying to merge into one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I shudder to think what will happen once Metro construction starts in full swing
Once that happens I'm going to be working from home 3-4 days a week. Am willing to quit even and freelance if I can't do that. Very serious. No amount of money is worth that crazy traffic and pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I am not sure what to make out of this incident.
Forget about it. Guy was looking to make a quick buck. Once he realized you weren't going to be bullied easily, lost his temper. The threat was just to salvage his fragile ego. He would have moved on to some easier unfortunate prey and will forget about you.

Last edited by am1m : 24th October 2019 at 11:01.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:56   #17860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had to take car to work today and unfortunately started back at exactly 4.30 when the whole Ecoworld/Ecospace and its satellites around start dumping humongous number of cars out on to the poor little ORR.

I am so happy that I quit the place where you worked. At 3.30-4.00 was always anxious if my evening plans would fall into place if the commute got disrupted!

Quote:
I was talking to someone who has to fly to Bangalore frequently. What they follow is that if there are multiple people flying in, they just schedule the meetings/ conference in the Airport Taj. Win win for every one. Of course, does not work for 1:1 client meetings.
It is always chock-a--block. A friend of mine works for a Bommanahalli based company and they all moved in there for their national meeting or that reason. All shared similar travel time to get there whether air or road. During the Honda Civic drive, place was maxed out, conference rooms included
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 11:19   #17861
Senior - BHPian

Cab brokedown and promptly moved to left. Buses had to get out of bus-lane.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-73390761_10159062141191110_7225712408805769216_o.jpg
Photo source: FaceBook

In another news, Priority lane buses to be called ‘NimBus’
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 11:34   #17862
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not seen these bus lane separators in person. I have only seen photos & reports on newspapers and pictures, discussions & rants here. Hence I have a basic question. Are those Bollards or Spring posts?

Bollards are these...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg

...and Spring posts are these...

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled1.jpg
Old 24th October 2019, 11:35   #17863
BHPian

I absolutely dread taking my car to the office at Ecoworld. While in the morning, timing usually isn't a problem on my route, evenings are dreadful. Anything post 3:30 takes ~ 20 minutes to get out of the parking on the Ecoworld internal road and then half an hour on AET junction. So while morning travel time is 45 minutes, evenings take 1.5 hours.

I don't like to be timebound and sometimes like spending time at Bay after office hours. So, usually, it's the bike.

By the way, I heard that they started work (soil testing currently) at Bellandur metro station. My condolences to the ring road guys.

Last edited by atnyia : 24th October 2019 at 11:43.
Old 24th October 2019, 11:48   #17864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Are those Bollards or Spring posts?
Bollards, the same ones used for the footpaths on the TenderSure roads, but painted red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
I don't like to be timebound and sometimes like spending time at Bay after office hours. So, usually, it's the bike.
Ditto, so I usually take the bike and I even go to the gym above building 8 to kill time and wait for traffic to go down. But of late there have been days where the internal road is jammed even beyond 8-830pm. Getting worse. So think I'll switch to the 'leave at 3pm' brigade and continue working from home.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 12:13   #17865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Metro is Namma Metro but Bus is Nim Bus ?
srishiva is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks