Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2018, 19:13   #16351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I heard that there were kilometers long traffic jam near Nelamangala Toll booth on Bangalore outskirts. I was lucky to sneak in in the morning itself but the congestion was beginning to build up. Main problem is that every lane will have 2 or 3 lines and only when they come close to the booth, people realize that they are in the wrong line and try to force in to the actual line. I gave my piece of mind to the folks who were manning the booth for just collecting the money and not bothering to enforce some discipline.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:01   #16352
Distinguished - BHPian

White topping has begun from Manyata - Hennur road stretch. Happy Monday everyone!
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:36   #16353
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore is down on it's knees again after the holidays.
Typical traffic, congestion, school buses bullying, autos and two wheelers muscling past, impatient drivers driving on the wrong side.

Can't wait for December holidays when there will be a bit of peace from the maddening traffic.
Old 12th November 2018, 08:40   #16354
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Many school buses are on the roads in Bangalore heading back to drop students off at their homes since a holiday has been declared. Expect more chaos this morning.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:48   #16355
BHPian

Yea, my creche too just called to say they will be closed today - chaos and confusion everywhere!
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 08:52   #16356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Many school buses are on the roads in Bangalore heading back to drop students off at their homes since a holiday has been declared. Expect more chaos this morning.
Also, political leaders are expected to visit the city, which may cause congestion at some places.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 09:41   #16357
Distinguished - BHPian

I reached with my kid at the usual early time at 0740. The school security staff asked me to wait for few minutes as there would be chances to declare a holiday to the demise of the Union Minister, I waited for 5 minutes and they waved me to go back along with my daughter.

Since I was super early, I called few of the parent friends and informed about it, many who had not even started from their homes located 5 minutes away from the school. This may have ensured few cars less on the roads as the news would have then spread. On my return, I peeped through the gates of few Schools and noticed no activity while few kids of Govt. School walking away from the school.

The message from School that it is a Holiday today arrived only 5 minutes before I reached home!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 10:56   #16358
Senior - BHPian

On 31st October around 10:30PM we were stuck in a massive jam on ring-road (Sarjapura), It took us about 45mins to reach Marathalli junction and we reached yelahanka at 12:15AM.

Just wondering how worse it can get?

In early 2000, I could travel to Yelahanka from Indiranagar in 20mins.
that too during the day.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th November 2018 at 14:26. Reason: Date corrected
Old 12th November 2018, 11:09   #16359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
In early 2000, I could travel to Yelahanka from Indiranagar in 20mins. that too during the day.
and today you will take more than 20 minutes to cross a landmark that was built to de-congest Hebbal alone.

I actually noticed another trait with Bellary road that hasn't changed since more than 15 years now. The Crawl from Palace grounds all the way till Cauvery is very much there even today, while the road in front of Tripuravasini is still of the same width. Don't even want to look at the graph that would show the increase in vehicular population in the last 15 years.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 14:05   #16360
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I actually noticed another trait with Bellary road that hasn't changed since more than 15 years now. The Crawl from Palace grounds all the way till Cauvery is very much there even today, while the road in front of Tripuravasini is still of the same width.
Exactly!

Even on the other side of the road - From Mekhri circle side, the roads starts off wide and then suddenly narrows down here (Gayathri vihar ?), after this there are the Magic boxes (their magic is long gone and now need serious thought on replacing this) and the bridges that go over them. The road is not being widened though there is space earmarked for it (and new wall has been built around the Palace grounds campus) due to the court case against trees that need to be cut for that. The result is utter chaos through the day around the huge island that the Palace Ground forms.

Last edited by NPV : 12th November 2018 at 14:10.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 14:16   #16361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even on the other side of the road - From Mekhri circle side, the roads starts off wide and then suddenly narrows down here (Gayathri vihar ?),
Yes and the shifting of Bus-Stop ahead of Air Force center hasn't helped at all. It just shifted a bottleneck little ahead, that's all.
Quote:
after this there are the Magic boxes (their magic is long gone and now need serious thought on replacing this) and the bridges that go over them.
In fact the only magic boxes on this stretch that have immensely helped are the ones near Gangenahalli and Baptist hospital.

And towards Airport, BTP has mandated all Buses to start taking the service lane soon after Gangenahalli magic box. This has eased the traffic (in terms of smooth flow) to an extent but now you daily get stuck at least a kilometer before the Hebbal flyover starts even in direction towards Aiport and despite an additional ramp created few years back .

Quote:
though there is space earmarked for it
Which is essentially a 2 Wheeler, Auto, Tempo Traveler and a Bus lane who enter here, raise a dust storm and merge ahead bullying those who are peacefully following rules.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 20:00   #16362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
White topping has begun from Manyata - Hennur road stretch. Happy Monday everyone!
This time they have planned it differently. Not like last time, on the outer ring road near Kalyannagar when they closed the entire ring road and let vehicles only on the service road. That resulted in utter chaos for a few weeks.

Now the work has been taken up only on half the road leaving the other half open for traffic and with the service road. Though this has affected traffic obviously outside Manyata! This is somewhat better than the last plan.

So someone is using some little common sense .
Old 12th November 2018, 20:48   #16363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Nowadays I start from home at 1:30 pm and return from office at 10:30 pm. This timing seems to be better from traffic point of view
This is my regular shift and the travel is a bliss. I keep wondering what is the fuss the other 'general shift' people keep cribbing about
Old 12th November 2018, 20:58   #16364
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly!

Even on the other side of the road - From Mekhri circle side, the roads starts off wide and then suddenly narrows down here (Gayathri vihar ?), after this there are the Magic boxes (their magic is long gone and now need serious thought on replacing this) and the bridges that go over them.
I saw a signal has cropped up after Cauvery theatre in front of the 'magic box', effectively removing the U turn above the box. So after spending (our) money on that brainless structure and wasting tons of fuel due to the jams all these years, we are back to square one (zero?).
Old 12th November 2018, 21:09   #16365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I saw a signal has cropped up after Cauvery theatre in front of the 'magic box', effectively removing the U turn above the box. So after spending (our) money on that brainless structure and wasting tons of fuel due to the jams all these years, we are back to square one (zero?).
Apologies, but what is this magic box? I see a lot of references to it here. Is it the underpass and overpass rolled into one like the one after the forum mall in Koramangala?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks