Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 21:24   #16276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
NHAI is placing a speed breaker on Hosur road between kudlu gate and hosa road .
A new monument is constructed to ensure that authorities take serious cognizance of the fact that no one should take away the title of "land of speed breakers" from Namma Bengaluru. I just hate speed breakers. In my area you have 14 speed breakers in 2.5 kms.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 10:32   #16277
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

As earlier posted by Divya Sharan, better to avoid Hebbal to Manyata Tech Park route as they have completely blocked the right lane in front of Manyata today.

A couple of big lorries, which cannot pass through the narrow lane in front of Lumbini Gardens have no place to reverse, or cannot turn anywhere as the concrete road is too high to climb on.

God Save Manyata Employees!

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2018 at 07:36. Reason: Grammatical errors fixed. Please proof-read before posting. Thanks!
FURY_44 is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th October 2018, 18:27   #16278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
As earlier posted by Divya Sharan, better to avoid Hebbal to Manyata Tech Park route as they have completely blocked the right lane in front of Manyata today.
Just now! That jam is upwards of 7 km long .

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-manyata.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2018 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted post fixed. Picture inserted in-line.
itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 19:32   #16279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yes, it is very bad today. Please avoid if possible. From Horamavu towards Nagavara and from Hebbal towards Nagavara - traffic is standstill.
No one knows what is going on.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2018 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
raghuram.cg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 20:58   #16280
BHPian

Quote:
Horrible today. Unfortunately had to take car to office today instead of my Access. Never got stuck in traffic for so long in recent past. I reached Kammanahalli at 5:50 pm and took me 2 hours to reach home which is just 4 kms away. Switched off the engine and waited in car for 1 hour.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2018 at 21:23. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 25th October 2018, 23:28   #16281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
NHAI is placing a speed breaker on Hosur road between kudlu gate and hosa road junctions, in the direction of EC. The placement is almost at the place where the road is curving to left. Please be careful when coming down that road as rear endings and bikes going out of control will be a common occurrence till people get used to the speed breaker.
Noticed this while traveling back home. NHAI has deployed a person to continously wave the red flag to alert approaching motorists. This is one of the most ill-thought speed breaker and will catch a lot of motorists off-guard.
Old 26th October 2018, 00:38   #16282
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Yes, it is very bad today. Please avoid if possible. From Horamavu towards Nagavara and from Hebbal towards Nagavara - traffic is standstill.
No one knows what is going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Horrible today. Unfortunately had to take car to office today instead of my Access. Never got stuck in traffic for so long in recent past. I reached Kammanahalli at 5:50 pm and took me 2 hours to reach home which is just 4 kms away. Switched off the engine and waited in car for 1 hour.
The traffic due to white topping had extended on to the service roads on both sides due to which the police had stopped the traffic towards Hebbal. The vehicles from service road and the main road were allowed to go alternatively, just like the K.R.Puram signal. It took me 40 minutes to come out of Manyata and get clear of this mess at 6.30 pm.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 06:51   #16283
Senior - BHPian

Got this on WhatsApp:

"The tar sheet on the up ramp of the madiwala underpass towards city is being taken off. Traffic has been diverted through the top. Traffic snarl has extended to the silk board flyover. Expect delay in commuting."
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 09:10   #16284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Got this on WhatsApp:

"The tar sheet on the up ramp of the madiwala underpass towards city is being taken off. Traffic has been diverted through the top. Traffic snarl has extended to the silk board flyover. Expect delay in commuting."
Ever since the Madiwala "Underpass" Was thrown open for public I have been loving the roller coaster ride on it on my way to work to EC.

Once touted as world class road due to concrete that kept giving away on frequent basis to now daily crawl in both directions at peak hours.

When the concrete surface became rough and edgy they put a layer of asphalt over it and it made few happy for few days and only in few weeks the asphalt started breaking and getting washed away that today you only see concrete.

And these days spotting of cattle before Total mall is a regular affair. They regularly meet at peak hours over a round table conference blocking nearly 2 lanes of traffic on a road that is barely 1.5 lane (it works that way here). At times these cattle are standing too and makes me feel that are in a daily scrum meeting and have adapted agile!!
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 09:46   #16285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
The traffic due to white topping had extended on to the service roads on both sides due to which the police had stopped the traffic towards Hebbal. The vehicles from service road and the main road were allowed to go alternatively, just like the K.R.Puram signal. It took me 40 minutes to come out of Manyata and get clear of this mess at 6.30 pm.

This is going to last at least a month. Affecting people coming from Hebbal towards Manyatha completely and people on the other side partially (those looking to enter Manyatha).

This is in the mornings. In the evenings with the right turn towards Hebbal from Manyatha gate 2 closed, it is like a merry-go-round of trafffic with chaos on one side affecting the other and vice-versa!
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:04   #16286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this on WhatsApp:

This had started last night. I left office at 11pm and it still took me an hour to reach home (it takes 1 hour at 5pm too!!). This morning at 9am, the underpass towards St.Johns/City was open to traffic. They have completed the work of removing the asphalt layer.

I think it was in another thread, about 6-8 months back, that we were discussing whether the use of some sort of rubber sheet to bind the asphalt to concrete would work. Some folks had said it wouldn't work, and that it wouldn't last more than a few years. Well, it hasn't worked, and has lasted barely a few months.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:08   #16287
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, what a great way to waste public money on such initiatives!
These tar sheets were supposed to help waterproof the concreted underpass and prevent cracking and was done hardly 9-10 months ago during the Dec 2017-Jan 2018 timeframe.

Now there will be more money spent on a new solution
When it comes to public infrastructure, our civic authorities never focus on "Get it right the first time", understandably so because of the nexus with contractors and such initiatives will mean repetitive work on the same sections!

We have a separate thread for it here (APP Membrane waterproofing sheets on Bangalore roads. Why?)

@GTO had rightly pointed out on that thread (APP Membrane waterproofing sheets on Bangalore roads. Why?) that this doesn't seem like a great idea for a public road handling high volumes of traffic.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:15   #16288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this on WhatsApp:

Was a witness to this blunder of getting the work done during a weekday by the incompetent BBMP.

I drove towards ecity as early as 6:15am today and the traffic on the other side had piled up all the way from the Madiwala underpass beyond bommanahalli signal. Should have been easily a km long line of traffic piled up after the bommanahalli signal.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:19   #16289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

And these days spotting of cattle before Total mall is a regular affair. They regularly meet at peak hours over a round table conference blocking nearly 2 lanes of traffic on a road that is barely 1.5 lane (it works that way here). At times these cattle are standing too and makes me feel that are in a daily scrum meeting and have adapted agile!!
You can thank Madivala market for that! The other side of the road hosts another regional meeting. It has been happening for years and the cops/corporation do nothing about it due to local sentiment!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 10:34   #16290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You can thank Madivala market for that! The other side of the road hosts another regional meeting. It has been happening for years and the cops/corporation do nothing about it due to local sentiment!
Cattle was very regular from Krupanidhi College to Total Mall. When the actual Madiwala underpass road was closed I regularly used the market road to commute as others. But off late there is a substantial increase with the cattle on the road that leads to underpass as well.

Talking about 'sentiments' I had long ago heard that the Total Mall Building itself was for the Vegetable vendors by BBMP who politely refused and then it was leased for other commercial purpose.

Why only that? Even after full concretization of the market road, one side is always blocked for the vendors while the other side is always busy with parked vehicles.

Last edited by ajmat : 26th October 2018 at 12:19. Reason: parked typo
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks