Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 09:08   #14776
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Folks in Intel have been told to work from home. The campus has limited access but all transport has been suspended. Ecospace office has been closed
Cisco inside Cessna has suspended transport services too and we're advised about the water-logging on both sides of ORR near Eco Space. Most of us are WFH.
Sangre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 09:15   #14777
BHPian

With most companies inside the huge tech-parks declaring Work from Home, there would definitely be less traffic. Apart from the congestion caused by water-logged lanes, commute times are expected to be 'weekend' standard instead of regular office hour mad rush.

Having said that, with more rains expected today, request everyone to double check their intended destinations/routes are not water logged. Keep in mind, it may be bone dry in your area but pouring cats and dogs in another part of Bangalore.

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 16th October 2017 at 09:16.
Old 16th October 2017, 09:28   #14778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
With most companies inside the huge tech-parks declaring Work from Home, there would definitely be less traffic.
Don't say that, please and touchwood!!

The law of average speeds for Bangalore will take its own due course and ensure that even if you have had a free run in the most congested sections, you will end up waiting right before the gate of your office's parking for some reason .

Whenever I have seen less traffic on any particular day, I have stopped getting excited only because I have gone through shocking situations when I spot traffic at places later in sections where I would have never seen traffic before .
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 09:42   #14779
BHPian

FWIW - today, from Nagawara to KR Puram , there is bumper to bumper traffic due to "White-Topping" from Kalyan Nagar junction towards KR Puram. Check GMaps before you venture out
Old 16th October 2017, 09:49   #14780
Senior - BHPian

Will be driving to Badami tomorrow. Any water logging expected on Whitefield - Nelamangala stretch?
Old 16th October 2017, 10:00   #14781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
FWIW - today, from Nagawara to KR Puram , there is bumper to bumper traffic due to "White-Topping" from Kalyan Nagar junction towards KR Puram. Check GMaps before you venture out
There was a diversion near Hennur bus stop for about 200 meters but otherwise smooth ride all the way till Old Madras road (at 9:10 am). Fog like dust all around. Do not understand the logic behind starting the work here when there are roads which need urgent attention

Traffic also seems to be less compared to Friday.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:03   #14782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Will be driving to Badami tomorrow. Any water logging expected on Whitefield - Nelamangala stretch?
You cannot predict anything here in Bangalore Sir. Eco space has never seen this in the past, and you find these surprises all of a sudden.
You may think about going via e.city - NICE Road up to Nelamangala which I guess cannot go bad in any case.

As said by the great BTP,

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp3.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 16th October 2017 at 11:04.
balenoed_ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:32   #14783
BHPian

Update (as of 11:00 am): Reached Cessna BP from Bannerghatta road in under 45 minutes. Absolutely no traffic. I took the Bommanahalli-HSR-Agara route.

However on the opposite lane, there is traffic till New Horizon College, due to the water logging at Ecospace. It's causing a 17 minute jam, according to GMaps. Also, in front of Ecospace, the right lane has traffic due to people waiting to take U-turn underneath the flyover. Water levels have reduced since morning, but the service road remains closed.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:42   #14784
Senior - BHPian

I have reached Embassy Tech Village (ETV) from HAL Old Airport area in just 20 minutes by car via Doddanekundi - ORR, a route that usually require nearly one hour. Started at 10:50 am and reached ETV at 11:10 am.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 13:28   #14785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
With most companies inside the huge tech-parks declaring Work from Home, there would definitely be less traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Don't say that, please and touchwood!!
I told you Parag. See the examples quoted. Additionally, this is the Diwali week, we can expect less than usual traffic throughout the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Update (as of 11:00 am): Reached Cessna BP from Bannerghatta road in under 45 minutes. Absolutely no traffic. I took the Bommanahalli-HSR-Agara route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have reached Embassy Tech Village (ETV) from HAL Old Airport area in just 20 minutes by car via Doddanekundi - ORR, a route that usually require nearly one hour. Started at 10:50 am and reached ETV at 11:10 am.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 17:50   #14786
BHPian

My wife, whose office is near Graphite India, boarded the office bus at 4PM and spent more than an hour to just go around the u turn after the SAP office and then the second one for which you come back all the way, turn left, go a few hundred metres before taking the 2nd u turn to come back to Graphite India signal in order to head towards KR Puram, past the Shell bunk. At 5:30 PM, the bus was crawling near Phoenix mall. I understand this is due to the metro construction which started over the weekend near Tin factory (to add to the misery of the already barricaded stretch at Graphite). The ordeal has started even though there is supposedly less people commuting to work this week.

I understand it is meaningless, but does somebody know what is the official deadline for the metro construction to be completed on this stretch?
Old 16th October 2017, 19:03   #14787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I understand it is meaningless, but does somebody know what is the official deadline for the metro construction to be completed on this stretch?

I checked the bmrcl website for this recently. The work is scheduled to finish in 2023 only!
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 19:13   #14788
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if the rains trolled everyone, but today my office preponed cab departure by an hour and everyone left at that time. I left at 430 and couldn't take KR Puram route since it was clogged. Then turned towards HAL. That too was showing as delayed and I took the road next to bellandur lake, joined ORR and zoomed till silk board. Finally reached home at 550 which was phenomenal Since most of the traffic was stuck in Ecospace waterlogging, the rest of the ORR was free and it was a blissful drive all the way till home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
My wife, whose office is near Graphite India, boarded the office bus at 4PM and spent more than an hour to just go around the u turn after the SAP office and then the second one for which you come back all the way, turn left, go a few hundred metres before taking the 2nd u turn to come back to Graphite India signal in order to head towards KR Puram, past the Shell bunk. At 5:30 PM, the bus was crawling near Phoenix mall. I understand this is due to the metro construction which started over the weekend near Tin factory (to add to the misery of the already barricaded stretch at Graphite). The ordeal has started even though there is supposedly less people commuting to work this week.

Yes it looked like traffic was bad that side since many decided to avoid the ORR route towards South Bangalore. To add to this mess was the new barricades near Tin factory Junction. Hence I avoided that route today.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2017 at 16:58. Reason: Fixed a few typos.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 20:23   #14789
BHPian

So as much as the morning drive was a delight, the evening one wasn't to be. Took an hour and fifteen minutes to return, from Cessna BP to Bannerghatta Road. There's significant water logging in front of Ecospace and a decent pileup at Silk Board.

If it rains tonight, then Ecospace is bound to be hit further. Just hope that's not the case.
Old 16th October 2017, 20:35   #14790
Senior - BHPian

Traffic was piled up for 1 km this morning at Hennur Road Railway Over-bridge.It took 45 minutes to cross this place.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks